Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what happens with him...he knows he has a solid situation here in TN...his family with his 3 kids are settled into Nashville...Being a head coach is certainly time consuming and more pressure packed than being the OC...instead of uprooting my family and likely having to move again in 5 yrs I would ride this thing out.
True, but consider how many coaches move cross-country for a promotion, vs those that stay 'at home'

Going by stats he's the best OC Tennessee ever had....might be all time best franchise wise. You don't like him maybe on a personal level, don't know that's fine. That said production wise he's the best in Titans history.
I like Art and maybe it was just Moon, but Kevin Gilbride had a good offense cooking in Houston. A specific DC didn't like the menu though and punched him.

I think some of the generalities regarding Art's offensive scheme is getting blown out of proportion.
He does occasionally make some baffling play calls, particularly 3rd and 4th downs and prior to this year, I remember more taking place in the RZ. I think he improved on that part but as pointed out, he's not the only OC to make some strange play calls from time to time.

I like Art and maybe it was just Moon, but Kevin Gilbride had a good offense cooking in Houston. A specific DC didn't like the menu though and punched him.
That offense was a very powerful one....however was not built for the playoffs. We chocked 3 times winning big heading late into the 3rd quarter. In Denver a 22 point margin, and Kansas city I believe 13 points ahead....and who can forget the Bills game, I was in buffalo for that disaster. Today's offense much more balanced.

That offense was a very powerful one....however was not built for the playoffs. We chocked 3 times winning big heading late into the 3rd quarter. In Denver a 22 point margin, and Kansas city I believe 13 points ahead....and who can forget the Bills game, I was in buffalo for that disaster. Today's offense much more balanced.
I think that's why Buddy punched him. The offense could move so fast, the D never got a chance to rest. It made Buddy's 4-6 D look bad. I see it as a better version of the Chip Kelly offense.

I think that's why Buddy punched him. The offense could move so fast, the D never got a chance to rest. It made Buddy's 4-6 D look bad. I see it as a better version of the Chip Kelly offense.
I remember the Monday nighter against the Eagles....we were up by 7 with about 22 seconds left in the first half on our 17 yard line....and Gilbride calls a passing play over the middle that was almost intercepted....buddy headed over and punched him.

I remember the Monday nighter against the Eagles....we were up by 7 with about 22 seconds left in the first half on our 17 yard line....and Gilbride calls a passing play over the middle that was almost intercepted....buddy headed over and punched him.

It was a Sunday Night game and the Oilers were up 14-0 with the ball in their own 30 with under a minute in the first half. Oilers d was dominating and that idiot Gilbride was still calling passes. Jets sacked Cody and forced a fumble. It was the straw the broke the camels back for Buddy as this happened a ton.

Gilbride was an idiot and he got what he deserved in my opinion. If the idiot had learned how to run clock, they don’t blow that 32 point lead in Buffalo

It was a Sunday Night game and the Oilers were up 14-0 with the ball in their own 30 with under a minute in the first half. Oilers d was dominating and that idiot Gilbride was still calling passes. Jets sacked Cody and forced a fumble. It was the straw the broke the camels back for Buddy as this happened a ton.

Gilbride was an idiot and he got what he deserved in my opinion. If the idiot had learned how to run clock, they don’t blow that 32 point lead in Buffalo
I believe you're correct, it was a Sunday night game. Eagles or Jets? Anyway is was way back when....he surely was a idiot. The Buffalo game was mindboggling how we couldn't just eat the clock up.

I believe you're correct, it was a Sunday night game. Eagles or Jets? Anyway is was way back when....he surely was a idiot. The Buffalo game was mindboggling how we couldn't just eat the clock up.
Jack Pardee did not discipline his team. We had guys it all night before the game and many were gassed late in the game. There was a lot of blame to go around in the Buffalo game. It should have been impossible to lose that game, but we managed. Worse game in franchise history. I hope to never see such crap again in my life.

He's got about 5 million reasons to want to be a head coach. Say what you want to about his family being wealthy, but if I were him, I'd want to make my own money and have my own success regardless of what my dad did. In fact that's probably something that drives him to succeed.

People seem to always assume that his opportunity came because of his dad, but he really seems like the kind of person that doesn't want that at all. And his success has absolutely nothing to do with his families money.

He seems to be the type who wants to make his own path, own money, and own success. There's a reason he went into coaching and didn't go to work for FedEx or some other company his dad probably could have gotten him a job at.

Yeah I think if his dad was pulling all the strings for him he probably would have gone to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc for college. Not a trash pile school like UNC.

I hope someone takes Smith off our hands. We need someone who can dial up better plays and get the most out of our offense on a consistent basis.

I hope someone takes Smith off our hands. We need someone who can dial up better plays and get the most out of our offense on a consistent basis.
This is literally the best offense the titans have ever had.....while missing the franchise left tackle for most of the season.....relax buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back