Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that what practice is for?
How does he improve if he keeps getting taken out?
Is it Henry or the coaching staff not working with him?
It's year 5. He is what he is in the passing game.

He's gotten better in pass pro over the years. He's still very average at it. He's just too tall. He has no leverage.

He set a career high this season with 19 receptions. That's a lifetime high, by the way, not a professional best. 101 receptions in his whole life: NFL, college, and high school. It's just not his game.

Isn't that what practice is for?
How does he improve if he keeps getting taken out?
Is it Henry or the coaching staff not working with him?
Idk lol I'm not the one making these calls. It might just be them trying to pick and chose when they give him rest too. But it's been a noted issue for dh, it was a big reason why he didn't get much burn the early part of his career.

Vrabel just has it in his head that 3rd down back is supposed to be a little D. Lewis type back and has never given Henry much of a chance to prove himself one way or another.

At the very least Henry could be a decoy.
He's not a decoy if he can't catch out of the backfield though. He's a poor receiver, and a poor blocker, also he can't play every snap.

He's not a decoy if he can't catch out of the backfield though. He's a poor receiver, and a poor blocker, also he can't play every snap.

Actually his blocking has come a long way and he is actually good at it now. Also, he is a decoy because if it is 3rd and 3, the other team better be prepared foe the Henry handoff for a run. Hell, even 3rd and longer, he has to be accounted for as a runner.

Look at Tannehills touchdown sneaks. Holy hell, the entire defense swarms to stop Henry and Tanne can basically walk the damn ball in.

Actually his blocking has come a long way and he is actually good at it now. Also, he is a decoy because if it is 3rd and 3, the other team better be prepared foe the Henry handoff for a run. Hell, even 3rd and longer, he has to be accounted for as a runner.

Look at Tannehills touchdown sneaks. Holy hell, the entire defense swarms to stop Henry and Tanne can basically walk the damn ball in.
I didn't realize third and long didn't exist for the titans offense

The fact that he can't run routes or catch? Lol
Can't say that I've ever seen him put in a situation where a "route" was actually planned but I also can't remember him having any drops.

I'll kind of assume something isn't right in his receiving game or the gameplan may dictate getting him some more screens but when called upon, I haven't really seen any issues on his end of a receiving game.

I do wish they would leave him on the field in 3rd and 4 or less...still leaves the run and play action as options.

In terms of the screen game, it is very hard to screen to a guy that the defense is so locked in on. The defense doesn’t lose sight of Henry and thus he is always covered

I'd like to see Evans and Henry in the same backfield...I think its coming
Pick a run with Henry, a run with Tannehill or Evans getting it?

I definitely questioned the tactic previously, especially why Evans wasnt in on 3rd down, over McNichols.

But McN made a couple of pretty awesome blocks on 3rd down vs the Texans. Which enabled Thill to hit a receiver/TE for a key chain moving play. He's clearly the best blocker out of the 3.

Art is so bad the 6 teams with HC vacancies have all called to request an interview
Art is god effin awful. Gets too cute. Never puts henry ever if it's 3rd and 4 or more which is the dumbest thing ever. Dude can block and catch and just him bein out there makes it harder on the defense

Henry finally gets 8 yards on first down. Then you throw it deep then on 3rd down Henry is on the sideline.......I need explanation for these decisions by this imbecile coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back