Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguable. You cant just go pick an "elite" QB off the elite QB tree and win Superbowls year after year.

How many QBs on that list aren't playing next week? How many missed the playoffs?

No one is saying you’ll win year after year with an elite QB. Stop moving the goal posts lol. Not even close to what I’m saying. There will be years you won’t win even with an elite QB. But chances are you’ll lose to another elite QB.

Stats say Josh Allen is pretty elite. But sure just my opinion HAHAHAHA
Ok, so it’s just stats. Let’s bust out all the “elite-ness”
Kirk cousins must be elite then since statistically he was better than Allen. Dal Prescott as well.
League leader in INT this year, Matt Stafford, another of your “elites”
Tied for #3 in INT Allen.
If you have joe burrow in the group, you must have Justin Herbert too.

That’s my point. You have an opinion, and have no issue continuing the overuse of elite and think Josh Allen has done anything that makes him elite.

Ok, so it’s just stats. Let’s bust out all the “elite-ness”
Kirk cousins must be elite then since statistically he was better than Allen. Dal Prescott as well.
League leader in INT this year, Matt Stafford, another of your “elites”
Tied for #3 in INT Allen.
If you have joe burrow in the group, you must have Justin Herbert too.

That’s my point. You have an opinion, and have no issue continuing the overuse of elite and think Josh Allen has done anything that makes him elite.

Josh Allen had like 1,000 more yards total offense and 10 more TD’s than Kirk Cousins.

Why don’t you just take a seat? You are trying WAY too hard to try and grasp at the nonexistent straw.

Josh Allen had like 1,000 more yards total offense and 10 more TD’s than Kirk Cousins.

Why don’t you just take a seat? You are trying WAY too hard to try and grasp at the nonexistent straw.
Ok. So you agree then that elite goes by stats and you have burrow, Herbert, Prescott, all in the elite club.

Just admit you have an opinion that you think Allen is really good and that you think it’s necessary to have what you deem an elite QB to win.

I’ve stated my pointed clearly over and over, you won’t admit that’s what you think. Just say it.

Put all your money in on the idea you must have an “elite” QB to win the SB (even though that been proven wrong) and that you selectively dictate who you think is elite.
Just say it.

No one is saying you’ll win year after year with an elite QB. Stop moving the goal posts lol. Not even close to what I’m saying. There will be years you won’t win even with an elite QB. But chances are you’ll lose to another elite QB.

I just don't see the point in dumping a QB that has gotten the Titans to the playoffs every year he's been here in hopes of finding another QB to uhmmm get them to the playoffs? Has he played great in those 3 games, no... But plenty of other QBs, including the "elites" have had 3 bad games also.

You're not going to find a Mahomes or Brady etc etc sitting around looking for a job.

Everyone is just so emotional over the loss that they want to knock it all down and start over like they forget what it's like to not have a decent QB/team.

Ok. So you agree then that elite goes by stats and you have burrow, Herbert, Prescott, all in the elite club.

Just admit you have an opinion that you think Allen is really good and that you think it’s necessary to have what you deem an elite QB to win.

I’ve stated my pointed clearly over and over, you won’t admit that’s what you think. Just say it.

Put all your money in on the idea you must have an “elite” QB to win the SB (even though that been proven wrong) and that you selectively dictate who you think is elite.
Just say it.

Dude you seriously have an issue lol. I literally already said I cannot argue with you on what your opinion of a word means. The words are still there if you want to go back and read them again.

But I will absolutely laugh at you for your opinion on Josh Allen. You will be wrong just like you were about THill. Just give it time.

Gonna take a wild guess and say not a chance in hell you are married to someone lol

I just don't see the point in dumping a QB that has gotten the Titans to the playoffs every year he's been here in hopes of finding another QB to uhmmm get them to the playoffs? Has he played great in those 3 games, no... But plenty of other QBs, including the "elites" have had 3 bad games also.

You're not going to find a Mahomes or Brady etc etc sitting around looking for a job.

Everyone is just so emotional over the loss that they want to knock it all down and start over like they forget what it's like to not have a decent QB/team.

I am not advocating for dumping Tsnnehill either. He is not going anywhere. That however does not change the facts.

I am well aware elite QB’s don’t grow on trees. Hence why I said 5-6 teams.

I think you responded to the wrong guy maybe?

I am not advocating for dumping Tsnnehill either. He is not going anywhere. That however does not change the facts.

I am well aware elite QB’s don’t grow on trees. Hence why I said 5-6 teams.

I think you responded to the wrong guy maybe?
I'm speaking in a general sense, not particularly directed at you...but you seem to be advocating for a QB change since you pointed out Mahomes and Allen as what a QB needs to be. And that's what I've been replying to.

I like Tannehill as a person, he seems like a good dude, but man is he a terrible QB that was a TO machine this year. Don’t want to see him in a Titan uni ever again, I really hope JRob tries to pull off an impossible trade using him. If not, expect the same thing again next year or worse since he’s been on a steady downward trend. He’s damaged goods at this point.

10+ years and 3 top ten picks wasted trying to find anything close to McNair- and Tannehill's numbers are better than McNair's. What makes elite QBs are good decisions, and elite skill players (along with great line play). In actuality, though he had some stinker games in there, Tannehill is the reason we were 12 and 5, while raking up the most sacks in the NFL, all while his skill players were in and out of the lineup. Factor in the predictable offensive play calling and I think he did pretty well overall. As I said in a different post, if we had last year's offense with this year's defense this team would still be playing. I don't think any of us are ready for another 15 years of searching for a level of elite at QB when in actuality elite at the QB level requires a lot of folks playing great together in a system they know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm speaking in a general sense, not particularly directed at you...but you seem to be advocating for a QB change since you pointed out Mahomes and Allen as what a QB needs to be. And that's what I've been replying to.

You are crazy if you don’t want your QB to be Mahomes or Allen.

Just say it.

My last comments on this to you. Your problem is you are trying to separate an argument into pieces. It’s not just ONE thing that makes someone elite. So when you take the stats out of it and say “look at all these guys who are similar they must be elite too”. Well that’s only one part of it.

That’s like looking at cookie dough and taking out the raw eggs and saying “are you calling these eggs cookies”? “So that must mean scrambled eggs are cookies too”?

it’s impossible to try and have a productive conversation with someone using that logic.

Dude you seriously have an issue lol. I literally already said I cannot argue with you on what your opinion of a word means. The words are still there if you want to go back and read them again.

But I will absolutely laugh at you for your opinion on Josh Allen. You will be wrong just like you were about THill. Just give it time.

Gonna take a wild guess and say not a chance in hell you are married to someone lol
I only have issue with you and it’s because of s**t like this

HAHAHAHAHAHA ok dude. You are off your rocker. But I can’t argue what your definition is because you can’t fix stupid.

You have your opinion, then call other people stupid and pretend like you belong in your arrogant tower of your opinion but when presented with plenty of FACTS that back up an alternate argument, you try to scoff it off as stupid.

I could give two s**ts about the name calling, but if this was a physical room, no doubt in my mind you’re that guy that makes a comment like laughing and calling someone names but absolute looks around the room for co-signers.

My last comments on this to you. Your problem is you are trying to separate an argument into pieces. It’s not just ONE thing that makes someone elite. So when you take the stats out of it and say “look at all these guys who are similar they must be elite too”. Well that’s only one part of it.

That’s like looking at cookie dough and taking out the raw eggs and saying “are you calling these eggs cookies”? “So that must mean scrambled eggs are cookies too”?

it’s impossible to try and have a productive conversation with someone using that logic.
You just tried to present it as stats. So the exact follow up question is, “so you’re using stats?”

Then you select 1 of the examples listed to say they’re not better by quoting stats.

So doubling down on your own criteria of stats.

You are crazy if you don’t want your QB to be Mahomes or Allen.
I mean, that would be fine with me. But the reality is there are very few really good QBs in the league, much less ones the Titans can get. So we have Tannehill who isn't complete garbage like emotional Titans fans seem to think. I'd say he's middle of the pack and that's what his salary is also.

If Tannehill wouldn't have made that last bonehead throw and drove down for a FG, this thread wouldn't have been made and no one would be talking about how bad Tanny is. So it's really 1 play difference from hero to zero. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back