Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT,s playoff performance in the biggest games have shown that he can't get it done. Home playoff game, throwing the ball late, not checking out of certain plays is reason enough to be benched. Stop looking at regular season body of work!
btw forget the contract and find guys that can push him for his job!

Hate to rain on the parade, but Tannehill's cap hit is over 50 million. He's not going anywhere. I highly doubt anyone would trade for him so we are stuck for one more season.

I honestly think that Tannehill would look a lot better with a competent O coordinator. Replacing Downing should be the #1 priority this offensive over everything else.

I honestly think that Tannehill would look a lot better with a competent O coordinator. Replacing Downing should be the #1 priority this offensive over everything else.

He stared down a receiver for 5 seconds and a safety ran across the entire field. He didn't audible out of throwing right at an unblocked blitzing cornerback. He threw into coverage when we had an open guy underneath at the marker. And he missed 2 throws to an open AJ that would have given us points.

In the past 2 years both home playoff games Henry has rushed for 102 yards total, a 2.4 ypc and 1 TD. He has to go. Now.

Funny how both our QB and star RB have sucked in the recent POs but it’s only the QB who is to blame…

Teams sell out to stop Henry. Not the other way around…

We need our QB to step up and take the reins when that happens.

BTW, I've been critical of Tannehill this season too. After those first couple of games where it seemed like he got sacked 27 times, he's looked shakey since. I give him the first few games of the season as a lot of teams look rough out of the gate...

All in all, he has 28TDs with 14 INTs and was involved in winning 12 games. Wasn't pretty but it happened. Just so happens he sucked it up at the wrong time. All we can do is hope for a better outcome next season. That's my opinion.
To be fair, Tanny played games without a lot of key players in the lineup this season. I think he often pressed to compensate but, like you said, he got the Titans to the #1 seed. He deserves credit for that.

Tanny has limitations and always will. IMO, he needs a solid running game to be effective. And even then, he has those head-scratching moments where he looks like a rookie.

To be fair, Tanny played games without a lot of key players in the lineup this season. I think he often pressed to compensate but, like you said, he got the Titans to the #1 seed. He deserves credit for that.

Tanny has limitations and always will. IMO, he needs a solid running game to be effective. And even then, he has those head-scratching moments where he looks like a rookie.
I think that’s what is so frustrating. There was a solid running attack and he still sucked in this game. I put some of that on the OC for even attempting to pass in some of those situations.

Another point about the game as a whole though, is the Titans cashed in on some of the most unlikely of scenarios that almost never happen. That’s in a bad way.

for example:
how many times does the first pass of the game get picked? Not many

How many times does a screen pass get intercepted? Not many. Even our lack of success all season didn’t result in INTs.

how many game winning drives end in an INT? Not that many but considering the circumstances, titans hit the lotto as they were also running the clock down. So how many times does a pass get intercepted while also attempting to run a clock down? Astronomically low. And THill threw it with just enough time left to burn the team. The odds of that scenario happening are just so ridiculously far fetched that only the Titans can pull some s**t like that off.

The odds of that scenario happening are just so ridiculously far fetched that only the Titans can pull some s**t like that off.
That's what I was thinking when the Titans had a turnover ratio of 0-13 in three losses this season. You can't make this stuff up.

Add in the injuries as well. It's just mind-boggling.

In the past 2 years both home playoff games Henry has rushed for 102 yards total, a 2.4 ypc and 1 TD. He has to go. Now.

Funny how both our QB and star RB have sucked in the recent POs but it’s only the QB who is to blame…

Add in the AFC Championship against the Chiefs and you get this:

57 carries for 171 yards (3.0 yards/carry) and 2 TD. 57 yards/game

Teams simply aren't going to allow Henry to beat them in the postseason.

One of the issues on Saturday was Vrabel and Downing's unwillingness to run Foreman/Hilliard. Henry should never have gotten 20 carries after the amount of time he was out due to his injury (and of course the injury itself). By the first few carries, it was obvious that Henry had little burst and was having difficulty with his footwork (he tripped/slipped on a few occasions).

I'm going to be very interested to see how Henry runs next season after the injury and more time to recuperate.

Last year, the Ravens stacked the box against Henry. Even King Henry has a hard time running against a stacked box. On the flipside, Tanne played most of the day against single coverage and still had a shitty game. Run single coverage against Pat Mahomes, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers all game and see where that gets you. I'll tell you what it will give you: a living room seat for the playoffs.

This year, it was rather clear Henry was rusty/not 100%. There is zero chance that Henry at 100% gets stopped on short yardage downs as often as he did on Saturday.

Yeah, I see a lot of “go get Wilson” posts… with out an explanation of how they’d actually acquire him.

I feel like logically you just have to hope he improves. Rodgers isn’t coming in and signing an extremely cheap contact. Trading for Wilson would take more than draft picks. They’d want proven talent.

I’d like to see Tannehill with an actual offensive coordinator with a strategy other than hand it to he dry, play action to brown across the middle, or screen to the wr if AJ needs a breather and we want to throw. It’s literally a three - four play system. (Don’t get me wrong, love the handing to Henry).

Im not going to pretend finding a good OC will be easy either, but you have to try someone else. Henry can’t last with the amount of carries he was going to have, and just have to find some creative passing plays (although why we don’t go deep with AJ more blows my mind).

Long story short, everyone wants the shiny new toy but doesn’t want to provide a realistic way to get said shiny toy. I’d rather keep our team in tact (meaning not trading proven talent for Wilson) if we can get a new OC and just see what the offense can do. Im sure I’ll be in the minority here but I feel it’s the most realistic option, because I just don’t see a way to go get Wilson/Rodgers etc.

Yeah, Wilson would cost a minimum of 3 1st round picks. And that assumes they would even be willing to take Tanne back in return to make the money work out.

One thing the Robinson has done differently than our last few GMs (and most NFL GMs) is he DOES address weaknesses on the team. Not always with the right guys, but he does pull the trigger. Firing Malarky, signing Clowney, then Dupree. Picking up Julio. Adding Foreman, and Cunningham. Drafting tackle, etc... Every single time we have gone into an off-season with a need, he has a least tried to address it.

I'm going to wait and see. If he thinks Downing or Tannehill are holding us back, I would bet he makes some kind of moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
They certainly don’t rush into things. If Downing loses his job it’s because JRob and Vrabel looked at film and determined he was the right fit. Vrabel has fired a defensive coach in the past, so he can do it. But, it won’t be a quick judgement unless I am sorely mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back