Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news everyone!

View attachment 19268

We’ve already solved the QB problem. Kevin Hogan signed (to a reserve/future contract)

Titans Sign 11 Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts

tenor.gif

Geez oh man, how is this possible.

Dude had 7, I mean 7 super meaningful plays suiting up for Tennessee when they lost to NE and was a stud standout in Cleveland back when he was getting 7.1 YPC (in 2017 on 10 carries) and 11.3 YPC (2016 on 8 carries) not to mention when he was slinging that rock for almost 200 yards (that’s right 2 hund-o) against the Power house Jets in 2017. And he’s thiiiiiiiiis close to a 1:1 TD to INT ratio (4:7).

Just saying, we’re set. Let’s get some OL to protect our future in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past 2 years both home playoff games Henry has rushed for 102 yards total, a 2.4 ypc and 1 TD. He has to go. Now.

Funny how both our QB and star RB have sucked in the recent POs but it’s only the QB who is to blame…

Issue is Tannehill sucks too much in the playoffs to help out Henry. The way Baltimore was stacking the box last postseason was the perfect example of a defense literally worried about only the running game. With the attention Henry draws, and having AJ Brown and even a healthy Julio, a good quarterback would be lighting it up.

And what’s also even more infuriating about Tannehill is that for someone as athletic as he is, he has some of the worst pocket awareness I’ve ever seen.

You don't have to be an elite QB to win the SB. You just need to be a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

Tanny is far from elite, yet we could've won the SB if Turnover Tanny didn't throw 3 INT's and Henry was up to par.

And hey... Sometimes elite QBs do it.

Remember during the colts super bowl run when Peyton threw three picks to the chiefs and still won?

I felt the same way after watching. I think Tannehill technically can win a Superbowl but only as a passenger.
I read all the thank you to fans from the players and I wish I could tell them how we really feel. Another bad playoff let down. It’s games like these that really depress fans

I agree that Tannehill can win a Superbowl but not at his current contract, he's just not good enough to make $38MM per year.

It's fascinating to me, every front office knows the 13.1% rule - Steve Young is the only QB to make more than 13% of the cap of his team and win a Superbowl, I think Farve is next at around 12%; there's a reason Brady won so many Superbowls, he never took his worth (doesn't hurt to have wife that's twice as rich as you). So by paying a guy like Tannehill $38MM you are in fact saying that you think he is the exception, not the rule, he's going to win a Superbowl making nearly 20% of cap when Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and all other QBs never could in the modern salary cap era.

Tannehill is a much much better QB than Teddy Bridgewater (but teams have won the Superbowl with some pretty bad QBs).... now Teddy Bridgewater costs $4MM clearly a downgrade at QB right? But think about these guys: Travis Kelce, Trent Williams, Jalen Ramsey - pretty good players right? all have cap hits less than 10 million per year. That's right, Tannehill gets paid more than all three combined plus a "mediocre" QB.

Now imagine the same exact game against the Bengals last weekend, except the team has the following attack:

1. Running game with Trent Williams blowing people up.
2. Travis Kelce on playaction to throw the ball to.
3. Jalen Ramsey to further shut down the receivers of the bengals.

I realize the above is a PIPE dream, but I'm putting it out there to show people how freaking overpaid guys like Tannehill are. Not that he's bad, but the dude's caphit will, in all likelyhood be higher than Patrick Mahomes for the next TEN YEARS. That's right, Mahomes will almost certainly restructure over and over again to keep his cap hit low enough to chase a superbowl, can I prove it? no, but he's already demonstrated his willingness to do so.

I have no problem with Tannehill going forward - make him take a pay cut - half. He can do with half when Derrick Henry is paid less than that rando RB in Dallas.

I agree that Tannehill can win a Superbowl but not at his current contract, he's just not good enough to make $38MM per year.

It's fascinating to me, every front office knows the 13.1% rule - Steve Young is the only QB to make more than 13% of the cap of his team and win a Superbowl, I think Farve is next at around 12%; there's a reason Brady won so many Superbowls, he never took his worth (doesn't hurt to have wife that's twice as rich as you). So by paying a guy like Tannehill $38MM you are in fact saying that you think he is the exception, not the rule, he's going to win a Superbowl making nearly 20% of cap when Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and all other QBs never could in the modern salary cap era.

Tannehill is a much much better QB than Teddy Bridgewater (but teams have won the Superbowl with some pretty bad QBs).... now Teddy Bridgewater costs $4MM clearly a downgrade at QB right? But think about these guys: Travis Kelce, Trent Williams, Jalen Ramsey - pretty good players right? all have cap hits less than 10 million per year. That's right, Tannehill gets paid more than all three combined plus a "mediocre" QB.

Now imagine the same exact game against the Bengals last weekend, except the team has the following attack:

1. Running game with Trent Williams blowing people up.
2. Travis Kelce on playaction to throw the ball to.
3. Jalen Ramsey to further shut down the receivers of the bengals.

I realize the above is a PIPE dream, but I'm putting it out there to show people how freaking overpaid guys like Tannehill are. Not that he's bad, but the dude's caphit will, in all likelyhood be higher than Patrick Mahomes for the next TEN YEARS. That's right, Mahomes will almost certainly restructure over and over again to keep his cap hit low enough to chase a superbowl, can I prove it? no, but he's already demonstrated his willingness to do so.

I have no problem with Tannehill going forward - make him take a pay cut - half. He can do with half when Derrick Henry is paid less than that rando RB in Dallas.

If he stays on this team and doesn't restructure his deal after the last 3 playoff performances, than that's proof he doesn't give a damn about winning. Just like that grin he had on the sidelines after his picks

If he stays on this team and doesn't restructure his deal after the last 3 playoff performances, than that's proof he doesn't give a damn about winning. Just like that grin he had on the sidelines after his picks
That grin really rubbed me wrong too! Your play is killing us and he had that s**t eating grin on the sideline.

He needs to restructure to stay, feel the same about Lewan and Saffold

I think QBs below the elite threshold are just all entirely overpaid. You can't ask for the same paycheck as Brady and within 1 or 2% of Mahomes or Rodgers. What is the difference in value, really between Mahomes and Tannehill? Is it 1 or 2% in cap? I think it's a gap of at least 2x or 3x. So if Mahomes is counting 13% against the cap, I think Tannehill has to be less than 6%, he just has to. There's only 5 QBs worth 10% or more of the Cap in the NFL, but somehow half the league has QBs paid that much and more....

Put it another way, Tannehill and Henry should have similar cap hits/contracts, if that's the case, the Titans could easily add another 2 or 3 great players to the roster and make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

I think QBs below the elite threshold are just all entirely overpaid. You can't ask for the same paycheck as Brady and within 1 or 2% of Mahomes or Rodgers. What is the difference in value, really between Mahomes and Tannehill? Is it 1 or 2% in cap? I think it's a gap of at least 2x or 3x. So if Mahomes is counting 13% against the cap, I think Tannehill has to be less than 6%, he just has to. There's only 5 QBs worth 10% or more of the Cap in the NFL, but somehow half the league has QBs paid that much and more....

Put it another way, Tannehill and Henry should have similar cap hits/contracts, if that's the case, the Titans could easily add another 2 or 3 great players to the roster and make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

We're in a similar situation to the Rams now, the Bucs prior to 2021, and the Chiefs with Smith. One of the best overall teams in the league, but we're only going to go as far as our QB can take us. Those teams made the necessary moves. Hopefully with either draft a QB this year or we find a way to bring in an elite QB after 2022 like Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson.

We're in a similar situation to the Rams now, the Bucs prior to 2021, and the Chiefs with Smith. One of the best overall teams in the league, but we're only going to go as far as our QB can take us. Those teams made the necessary moves. Hopefully with either draft a QB this year or we find a way to bring in an elite QB after 2022 like Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson.
Is Tanne's cap hit less in 2023 you think?

This franchise has had so much bad luck with QB’s lately that they severely overpaid one that was just an upgrade over their prior QB.

Is there any Joh Allen/Mahomes types in any of the upcoming drafts we might be able to get?
This draft doesn’t have anyone that stands out as a clear star, but there are 6 guys I like. I think at least a couple of them will be available at the end of the 1st.
Pickett, Corral, Strong, Howell, Willis, Ridder, Zappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back