Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very little faith in that. It would be great, but holding out no hope for it.
Fingers crossed. These surgeries being completed today are light years ahead of even 6/8 years ago. I use to have to do "perfect circles" with my C-arm when doing Femur and Tibial roddings. That means lining my C-arm up perfectly perpendicular and on the same plane as the hole the screw holding it in place would go. Very difficult for me, and the surgeon lining up his drill to me. That was a couple of years ago, and is completely obsolete now.

I think QBs below the elite threshold are just all entirely overpaid. You can't ask for the same paycheck as Brady and within 1 or 2% of Mahomes or Rodgers. What is the difference in value, really between Mahomes and Tannehill? Is it 1 or 2% in cap? I think it's a gap of at least 2x or 3x. So if Mahomes is counting 13% against the cap, I think Tannehill has to be less than 6%, he just has to. There's only 5 QBs worth 10% or more of the Cap in the NFL, but somehow half the league has QBs paid that much and more....

Put it another way, Tannehill and Henry should have similar cap hits/contracts, if that's the case, the Titans could easily add another 2 or 3 great players to the roster and make a serious run at the Super Bowl.
while I agree totally T17s agent totally took robinson to school... The actual choice facing robinson was T17 at too much CAP vs starting over at QB ... again

in hindsite it is obvious T17 has been over CAP'd ... but where are Titans with scrub ass 15 year noodle armed QBs that would have rolled thru Nashvegas cause newsflash TB was NEVER coming to the Titans... like Gayton before him there was exactly ZERO chance of those Goats playing here

while I agree totally T17s agent totally took robinson to school... The actual choice facing robinson was T17 at too much CAP vs starting over at QB ... again

in hindsite it is obvious T17 has been over CAP'd ... but where are Titans with scrub ass 15 year noodle armed QBs that would have rolled thru Nashvegas cause newsflash TB was NEVER coming to the Titans... like Gayton before him there was exactly ZERO chance of those Goats playing here
Yup! Hit that target twice for me would ya!

Plus, T-hoe is the 11th highest paid QB right now which is probably about right based on overall production. QBs ain’t cheap.

Yep his agent took advantage of a team desperate for a QB. I don't know about Brady though he might of liked that his buddy Vrabel was coaching here, you can't count out the history those two have. I think of Vrabel asked him he would of.

Fulton had nowhere near the injury history of Farley and played more ball and against top SEC talent. I don’t see that as a good comparison.

Fulton played 6 games last year because of injury. I’m just saying y’all write guys off after a handful of snaps way too much.

What has me concerned about this whole Tanny situation is that his contract was contingent of him being able to sustain the level of play that got him the contract. If he was able to sustain that level of play for at least 3 years, we could've drafted a QB with high potential and let him sit and learn while Tanny declines and gets toward the backend of his contract.

Where the concern lies now, is that we have a good enough roster to flirt with playoff contention while Tanny is here. If we're in playoff contention, that means we'll be picking in the early to mid 20's with this roster. When you pick that late, you run the risk of not getting a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen or Herbert. Therefore we're going to have to draft a non franchise QB and have to build him up while he becomes ready, which could be 3 or 4 years down the line.

This might be the reasoning as to possibly selecting a QB in the first round this coming draft. Because in order to get a bona-fide star QB in 2023 draft, we're going to have to be a bad team next season or mortgage tons upon tons of capital to move up in the 2023 draft.

Tannehill may have just handicapped this team with that contract and his super quick regression.

Tannehill will get 1 more year, this draft/offseason we address the OL, TE and WR2 if Julio isn't back
Next year if Tannehill hasn't improved draft a QB...I'm thinking the window may be closing a bit by then to consider that and realize he's not the QB

What has me concerned about this whole Tanny situation is that his contract was contingent of him being able to sustain the level of play that got him the contract. If he was able to sustain that level of play for at least 3 years, we could've drafted a QB with high potential and let him sit and learn while Tanny declines and gets toward the backend of his contract.

Where the concern lies now, is that we have a good enough roster to flirt with playoff contention while Tanny is here. If we're in playoff contention, that means we'll be picking in the early to mid 20's with this roster. When you pick that late, you run the risk of not getting a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen or Herbert. Therefore we're going to have to draft a non franchise QB and have to build him up while he becomes ready, which could be 3 or 4 years down the line.

This might be the reasoning as to possibly selecting a QB in the first round this coming draft. Because in order to get a bona-fide star QB in 2023 draft, we're going to have to be a bad team next season or mortgage tons upon tons of capital to move up in the 2023 draft.

Tannehill may have just handicapped this team with that contract and his super quick regression.
Probably unpopular but I don’t think a “franchise QB” is limited to just the first handful of picks. Not only do I think teams reach for QBs every year but I also don’t think teams give enough time for potential development and then also help build a team around a particular prospect.

just too often, QBs are thrown into whatever dumpster fire the team may be, some in ok conditions, and then development doesn’t happen and they’re written off quickly.

I get it, percentages drop significantly, but I don’t think it’s impossible to get a good quality QB late 1st round.
Scout teams and JRobs evaluation guys need to do a good, thorough job too.

Tannehill will get 1 more year, this draft/offseason we address the OL, TE and WR2 if Julio isn't back
Next year if Tannehill hasn't improved draft a QB...I'm thinking the window may be closing a bit by then to consider that and realize he's not the QB

That's the situation. We will and still have a good team next season. If Tanny regresses even more next season, we'll still flirt with playoff contention and will be picking later in the first round.

You're not going to get that star QB, because there's going to be 3 or 4+ teams that will grab them before us if we're going to be picking later on in the draft.

If we go your route, then this good roster will be wasted while we wait for the 20-26th pick QB to get up to par.

Probably unpopular but I don’t think a “franchise QB” is limited to just the first handful of picks. Not only do I think teams reach for QBs every year but I also don’t think teams give enough time for potential development and then also help build a team around a particular prospect.

just too often, QBs are thrown into whatever dumpster fire the team may be, some in ok conditions, and then development doesn’t happen and they’re written off quickly.

I get it, percentages drop significantly, but I don’t think it’s impossible to get a good quality QB late 1st round.
Scout teams and JRobs evaluation guys need to do a good, thorough job too.

Yeah I agree with your sentiment. I guess the best case scenario is to continue building out a really good roster and maybe we can just plug in a rookie QB and sustain success kinda like what the Patriots and Mac Jones are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back