Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a way to get rid of this guy snd pull what the rams did so we can really make a run. 2 years in a row at home in playoffs this guy chokes and wasting away a great team.

We'll barely have 20 million in cap space even after cutting Saffold, Jenkins, and Lamm. It's gonna cost 22 million just to trade RT (if we can even find a suitor) then we gotta pay whatever QB we're getting in return.

Simply put, it isn't going to happen.

We'll barely have 20 million in cap space even after cutting Saffold, Jenkins, and Lamm. It's gonna cost 22 million just to trade RT (if we can even find a suitor) then we gotta pay whatever QB we're getting in return.

Simply put, it isn't going to happen.

Yeah- but I'm saying that Vrabel and JRob need to go to work on Brady. Let him know he can come in half way through the regular season or as a backup. Tax advantage in TN, no contact, can develop relationships with the players, AND he can be THE ONLY QB EVER to have won Super Bowls with 3 different teams............ Now that would make him unquestionably best QB ever in the history of the game.

JRob makes that happen and I'll consider him elite. (haha)

we’ve seen tannehill’s ceiling. He couldn’t even “game manage” a win n the playoff. He was turnover machine this year. The only way to lose that game for sure and he did it. The one damn thing he couldn’t do to blow the game. He did it. It was unforced, unpressured.

I’m done with him. It was worth a gamble for JRob- not criticizing the decision to trade a 4th. But I am for damn sure criticizing the contract extension decision.

We’ll be a one and done playoff team at best with Tannehill- if can even get back again

Yeah the contract is kind of wild. Especially considering he played in 13 games for us total at that point. 4 years was a lengthy commitment.

I agree with you that we have reached our ceiling with him at QB (was arguing this with posters before the playoffs). But I disagree that the ceiling is one and done. I think another AFCCG appearance is certainly possible but Titans will never win a SB with Tannehill.

I don’t care about beating elite teams in the regular season. That is absolutely irrelevant come January. There are going to be games when you need your QB to take over the game. Tannehill cannot do that. It’s not who he is.

Just like we put the book out on how to defend Lamar and the Ravens. The book is out on how to defend our offense with RT17.

I get the play calling was not great but we had the same issue last year in the playoffs with Arthur Smith (who many wanted gone because of his play calling; seriously there are fire Arthur threads in 2019 & 2020).

If you don’t have a top QB you are trying to catch lightning in a bottle to win a SB. It’s incredibly hard to do. But unfortunately it’s probably the best chance we have at the moment.

All I am left thinking now is how many SB’s would we be winning if we had actually made a run at Brady. Brady called us dumb for picking Tannehill over him - he was right.

Yeah- but I'm saying that Vrabel and JRob need to go to work on Brady. Let him know he can come in half way through the regular season or as a backup. Tax advantage in TN, no contact, can develop relationships with the players, AND he can be THE ONLY QB EVER to have won Super Bowls with 3 different teams............ Now that would make him unquestionably best QB ever in the history of the game.

JRob makes that happen and I'll consider him elite. (haha)

Theres no tax advantage in TN vs FL.

Robinson got us into this mess with Tannehill with the contract he gave him, which was too long and for too much money at the time. It’s his job as the GM to find a way out of it. This team is too good around the position to watch the QB continuously hold us back. Fix the QB, replace Downing and this team becomes a Super Bowl contender. Until then it is just like what my Fighting Irish have become, good enough to compete for the playoffs, but not good enough to contend for a championship once you get there…

Yeah the contract is kind of wild. Especially considering he played in 13 games for us total at that point. 4 years was a lengthy commitment.

I agree with you that we have reached our ceiling with him at QB (was arguing this with posters before the playoffs). But I disagree that the ceiling is one and done. I think another AFCCG appearance is certainly possible but Titans will never win a SB with Tannehill.

I don’t care about beating elite teams in the regular season. That is absolutely irrelevant come January. There are going to be games when you need your QB to take over the game. Tannehill cannot do that. It’s not who he is.

Just like we put the book out on how to defend Lamar and the Ravens. The book is out on how to defend our offense with RT17.

I get the play calling was not great but we had the same issue last year in the playoffs with Arthur Smith (who many wanted gone because of his play calling; seriously there are fire Arthur threads in 2019 & 2020).

If you don’t have a top QB you are trying to catch lightning in a bottle to win a SB. It’s incredibly hard to do. But unfortunately it’s probably the best chance we have at the moment.

All I am left thinking now is how many SB’s would we be winning if we had actually made a run at Brady. Brady called us dumb for picking Tannehill over him - he was right.

Wasn’t the Titans he was referring to. It was Garapolo and the 49ers or Taylor and the Chargers. It was not the Titans.

I doubt the “murmurings” came from The Titans. Crap like this is total fantasy by “sports writers”. No telling what the tight-lipped Titans are thinking. Not a criticism of the post, just my opinion of the content and sources.

I’m still not over Tannehill blowing our best chance in 20 years to go deep into the playoffs.

He can go Fu€K himself today while I watch the Bengals v Chiefs playing a game in Arrowhead that should have been played at Nissan.

This. Brady said he wasn’t talking about T-Head. He was referring to a team he actually wanted to sign with.

Of course Brady is going to say that. What’s he going to come out and call out Tannehill publicly? A reliable national media source however said it was about Tannehilll.

Of course Brady is going to say that. What’s he going to come out and call out Tannehill publicly? A reliable national media source however said it was about Tannehilll.
He made some remarks that suggested he meant Jimmy G. However, if he was talking about Tannehill he was right.

We can't just assume Brady would have come here and won a championship. The Buccs are a more talented team than us top to bottom.

I can and will presume that TB wouldn't have made the conscious decision to throw 3 ints in a Home playoff game as the top seeded team.
THill is like : Hold my 100 million dollar contract.

I can and will presume that TB wouldn't have made the conscious decision to throw 3 ints in a Home playoff game as the top seeded team.
Im not trying to excuse Tannehill, but Brady also wasn't dealing with downing at OC, and had a dominant oline. Once that oline started getting banged up and he lost a couple of weapons he looked a lot more average.

Except Brady has thrown 3 INTs in a playoff game, multiple times.

If ya'll think Brady would have been ok running for his life like Mariota and Tannehill has been required to do for the past 5? years, you are out of your minds. Brady has melt downs and falls apart whenever he takes sacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back