Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill will get 1 more year, this draft/offseason we address the OL, TE and WR2 if Julio isn't back
Next year if Tannehill hasn't improved draft a QB...I'm thinking the window may be closing a bit by then to consider that and realize he's not the QB

Julio just signed an extension a few months ago. Not really worth it to cut him with what he's owed in dead cap. I think you can safely assume he will be back.

And cripple the team for years cap wise? He's not going anywhere, all we can hope is he improves next year ..build the OL, TE, WR2 if Julio is done as a Titan.
The D is legit. WR1 and RB is set.
Funny, it worked out for the Rams. Nothing is impossible, where there’s a will, there’s a way.

**** HOT TAKE ***** :rant:

Yes Tannehill was bad , yes Downing blows ... but it's not all on Tanny.

Henry has not shown up in the playoff losses. He had 2.2 YPC I think it was vs KC that loss in the AFC Title game? He continually didnt fall foward for one yard when we needed it the most last Saturday.

They need another play-making TE in my opinion in the draft to pair with AJ, Julio and a upgrade WR3 over NWI.

Henry can't just keep dancing around for 2 yards in the playoffs - its going to take some help around Tanny as well!

Let's face it - JRob botched this WR draft. Fitzpatrick who many of us we're not on board with from the start is a early bust. McMath is nothing more than deep depth level at this point ... we need more weapons around the QB.

Look at what Burrow has : Chase, Higgins, Boyd a good TE and one of the best backs in the league.

This defense is good enough to get us there - now we need help around Tanny - there was just not enough of it plain and simple.

Yes our coordinator is awful but get Tanny another 1-2 weapons and Foreman spelling Henry next year - and that's enough to put us in position yet again for another crack at it.

Agree with a lot of what "No Nonsense" - Titans Podcast had to say on the takes. Give them a listen on spotify if you guys haven't - I just started myself, highly recommended.

Funny, it worked out for the Rams. Nothing is impossible, where there’s a will, there’s a way.

This article pretty much sums up why this won't work. Depending on what our cap situation is actually like, it doesn't look like we'll have more than 20-30 million in cap space even after making cuts. That simply won't be enough to facilitate a trade for another starting QB.

here's a crazy concept....

package Tammy and Henry for an elite qb? I love the King, but RB's dont last very long in this league and he's finally coming off an injury for the first time in his career. It's usually down hill from here and Foreman filled in nicely.

get Vrabel and JRob to talk Brady into being a back up for back up pay until mid season.

has any QB every won a SB with 3 different teams?

I’m already excited again for next year. After COTY and the previous couple rushing titles, titans are ready for another regular season award. Maybe CPOY for Henry AND a rushing title.

Oh, the playoffs, eh. Not expecting much now. THill was given a golden opportunity and Downing was given some pretty effective tools just to fail. They’ll both be around next year.
Woohoo! Maybe a 3rd straight AFC south title.

I’m already excited again for next year. After COTY and the previous couple rushing titles, titans are ready for another regular season award. Maybe CPOY for Henry AND a rushing title.

Oh, the playoffs, eh. Not expecting much now. THill was given a golden opportunity and Downing was given some pretty effective tools just to fail. They’ll both be around next year.
Woohoo! Maybe a 3rd straight AFC south title.
I have zero faith in this team.

insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Tannehill chokes in the playoffs. His pattern is established.

Like 18 million in dead cap space. As long as he doesn't play terrible, he'll be easy to trade at that price. Any remotely decent QB costs a premium in this league both in money and draft pick value. Need to look no further than the Wentz trade.

The only trade that makes even a remote amount of sense for us this year is a Russell Wilson trade. But that would assume he demands a trade sort of like the Stafford situation last year. Otherwise, there is no way Seattle would even consider such a trade.
I saw this as a potential trade for Wilson...seems like alot?

Chicago Bears Receive: QB Russell Wilson

Seattle Seahawks Receive: LB Roquan Smith, QB Justin Fields, 2022 CHI second-round pick (No. 39 overall), 2023 CHI first-round pick, 2023 CHI second-round pick

I agree that THill has played like dookie the last 2 years but he really wasn’t bad in the AFCCG against KC a couple years ago. A respectable 21/31 209 2/0.

Even so, I think it had a little to do with the surprise factor of his first year in Tennessee, Tennessee making the playoff run, and general lack of expectations from being the underdog.
Last year, certainly the D didn’t help, but expectations were higher and Ravens did a good job really shutting down Henry and THill couldn’t handle that.
This year, the expectations were high, they were favorites, running game was working, the D played outstanding and he straight blew it. I can blame downing for some bad play calling along the way which could have helped a struggling THill, but that last throw couldn’t have been any more on him. Bad throw, bad read, bad timing, terrible play, the type of bad play that sums up an entire game, season, franchise, and for him, potentially career.

I saw this as a potential trade for Wilson...seems like alot?

Chicago Bears Receive: QB Russell Wilson

Seattle Seahawks Receive: LB Roquan Smith, QB Justin Fields, 2022 CHI second-round pick (No. 39 overall), 2023 CHI first-round pick, 2023 CHI second-round pick
Fields must’ve impressed.

There has to be a way to get rid of this guy snd pull what the rams did so we can really make a run. 2 years in a row at home in playoffs this guy chokes and wasting away a great team.

Titans are turning into the Manning Era Colts, regular season dominance but choke in the playoffs.

I agree that THill has played like dookie the last 2 years but he really wasn’t bad in the AFCCG against KC a couple years ago. A respectable 21/31 209 2/0.

Even so, I think it had a little to do with the surprise factor of his first year in Tennessee, Tennessee making the playoff run, and general lack of expectations from being the underdog.
Last year, certainly the D didn’t help, but expectations were higher and Ravens did a good job really shutting down Henry and THill couldn’t handle that.
This year, the expectations were high, they were favorites, running game was working, the D played outstanding and he straight blew it. I can blame downing for some bad play calling along the way which could have helped a struggling THill, but that last throw couldn’t have been any more on him. Bad throw, bad read, bad timing, terrible play, the type of bad play that sums up an entire game, season, franchise, and for him, potentially career.

we’ve seen tannehill’s ceiling. He couldn’t even “game manage” a win n the playoff. He was turnover machine this year. The only way to lose that game for sure and he did it. The one damn thing he couldn’t do to blow the game. He did it. It was unforced, unpressured.

I’m done with him. It was worth a gamble for JRob- not criticizing the decision to trade a 4th. But I am for damn sure criticizing the contract extension decision.

We’ll be a one and done playoff team at best with Tannehill- if can even get back again

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back