Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in the minority here, but I don’t understand trading away players for pics. For THIS team that is. The front office has done very little to give me hope that they would utilize those picks to draft real nfl players. I would be ticked to trade Henry but especially so if we got a 3 and it was wasted on a guy that ends up on the practice squad.

That Kyle Phillips muffed punt at end of the first half; a pee wee coach would not have had his player field a punt inside the ten with under 10 seconds in a half

I might be in the minority here, but I don’t understand trading away players for pics. For THIS team that is. The front office has done very little to give me hope that they would utilize those picks to draft real nfl players. I would be ticked to trade Henry but especially so if we got a 3 and it was wasted on a guy that ends up on the practice squad.

There are two main reasons for this team picks are more important than players.

1. We are without a 3rd, 5th, and 6th round pick next year. We only have a 1, 2, 4, and 7, 7 (and possibly another 7th). We need to restock and get as many chances to hit with young players that we can.

2. With picks, you get young players who can play for your team for a decade (if you hit on the pick), as opposed to aging players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. You're basically trading a known commodity for less than a season's worth of games, for the chance a younger, cheaper player will hit and be a foundational piece of your franchise.

That Kyle Phillips muffed punt at end of the first half; a pee wee coach would not have had his player field a punt inside the ten with under 10 seconds in a half
Makes me think back and realize no one really stated Auckerman was a great ST coach. If anything, ST has been arguably the worst side of the ball since Vrabel was hired.

Makes me think back and realize no one really stated Auckerman was a great ST coach. If anything, ST has been arguably the worst side of the ball since Vrabel was hired.
I talk all the time how is it possible that Vrabel puts so much emphasis on ST players and our STs always are subpar... once again, blame JRob, but it is not JRob chasing after every ex-Texan/Pat ST player, that is 100% Vrabel. Then he gets the ST players, lets his buttkisser buddy have them and there is no development or cohesion established.

Thats what i was mad at. Why even try to fair catch it, someone has to tell him just let it go

There are two main reasons for this team picks are more important than players.

1. We are without a 3rd, 5th, and 6th round pick next year. We only have a 1, 2, 4, and 7, 7 (and possibly another 7th). We need to restock and get as many chances to hit with young players that we can.

2. With picks, you get young players who can play for your team for a decade (if you hit on the pick), as opposed to aging players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. You're basically trading a known commodity for less than a season's worth of games, for the chance a younger, cheaper player will hit and be a foundational piece of your franchise.
IF they can actually draft quality players. Who the F cares if they draft young players that can’t play?

Good for you watching the steamy s**tpiles. I follow too, zero actual wasted investment.
JRob is definitely 1 to blame, Vrabel is co-#1 to blame. His awful coaching decisions and terrible assistant selections has bums like Bowen and Kelly in the position they’re in.

And tout Stroud/Houston all you like but don’t overlook Carolina and Young.
And as far as time to rebuild, look at some of the bottom feeders and say it doesn’t take long- Jax, Chicago, NYJ, ARZ, Det, Cle. Just a quick decade or so with moderate or less success.

I didnt say every team does it. I was never a Bryce Young fan. Wish Carolina would have taken him instead of Houston. I personally don’t think Kelly is a bum. Bowen is another thing. Vrabel is a good HC. We just disagree. This team has no talent.

I didnt say every team does it. I was never a Bryce Young fan. Wish Carolina would have taken him instead of Houston. I personally don’t think Kelly is a bum. Bowen is another thing. Vrabel is a good HC. We just disagree. This team has no talent.
as long as we see Henry standing on the sidelines on the most important downs of the game, he is a bum, plain and simple. I personally blame Vrabel because this is multiple OCs doing the same thing, but Kelly is the OC, if he is taking Henry out it is because he is a buttlicker and that alone makes him a bum.

If we lose, we should be losing WITH Henry, not the Squirrel.

Carolina did take Young

No talent goes beyond the players, imo Vrabel has run his course..time to go with a young offensive minded coach and get away from the running team mentality

Carolina did take Young

No talent goes beyond the players, imo Vrabel has run his course..time to go with a young offensive minded coach and get away from the running team mentality

I meant Stroud. I wish Carolina had taken Stroud. I think you knew what I meant.

Vrabel coaches the talent he has. When has he had the talent for an air raid offense? You need a QB. This is a QB driven league. Period. Even at his best THill wasn’t that guy.

I meant Stroud. I wish Carolina had taken Stroud. I think you knew what I meant.

Vrabel coaches the talent he has. When has he had the talent for an air raid offense? You need a QB. This is a QB driven league. Period. Even at his best THill wasn’t that guy.
Vrabel has been a part of drafting that talent he has or lack of talent for an offense that fits what the league is

Every position on this team has regressed under Vrabel. Yes we have a talent problem but you can look around the league and there are plenty no names that at least compete. They are not world beaters or superstars but they do their job.

Vrabel has been a part of drafting that talent he has or lack of talent for an offense that fits what the league is
At a minimum, Vrabel and his coaching staff are expected to develop any draft pick.

unless we are to assume that all of these picks are uncoachable, Vrabel is very culpable for the team’s failures.

Every position on this team has regressed under Vrabel. Yes we have a talent problem but you can look around the league and there are plenty no names that at least compete. They are not world beaters or superstars but they do their job.

Vrabel gets more out of no names than any coach we have ever had. It’s BS to say he doesn’t. When you have a void at QB and Oline in this league you lose. I don’t care who the HC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back