Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to every home game. They've never come out like that.
How often do they walk out there?

All I'm saying is that your excitement over the locked arms thing is still in the eye of the beholder. This doesn't look like anything more than a normal "team" just knowing they're about to do battle on the field together.

You're insane if you think that response was equal to the ****ING PRESIDENT calling citizens sons of bitches for exercising their first amendment right.

For protesting the anthem you mean, it is their right to do so but that does not mean they do not have the right not to be criticized.

Everyone is underestimating the evil genius of Trump. By saying what he said, he put himself on the side of the flag and got to define exactly what it means. Any response by players, even standing at attention, would be seen as divisive.

Everyone is underestimating the evil genius of Trump. By saying what he said, he put himself on the side of the flag and got to define exactly what it means. Any response by players, even standing at attention, would be seen as divisive.

not everyone ;)

Ben Shapiro has been saying that all along

Don't know who that is. I meant everyone in this thread.

Conservative commentator who is anti Trump.

The left like to pretend he is a "White supremacist" even though he is Jewish and a major target of actual white supremacist groups.

He recently gave a speech at Berkeley that was protested by anti-free sheep activists.

Sure, they can be criticized. It's vile coming from the President however.

Which is really the issue. When the government starts pushing for people to be fired due to their opinion, which Trump has now done twice in the last few weeks with the NFL and Jemele Hill, then there is a fine line being toed with regards to the first amendment. Fans can obviously have whatever opinion they wish with this stuff, but the president needs to stay out of it.

No, there is no situation where it is acceptable for the President to make disparaging, disgusting comments about American citizens for expressing Constitutionally protected action. None.

Say Donald Trump called the people who were not in favor of players expressing their First Amendment rights sons of bitches, you would have no issue there?

Say Donald Trump called the people who were not in favor of players expressing their First Amendment rights sons of bitches, you would have no issue there?

I don't think anyone should be praising the president for calling for private citizens at a private business to be fired, for doing nothing more than expressing their opinion.

I am certainly not going to praise him, I do not like what he said and that he said it for cheap political gain. I also do not like the way these NFL responded to it, with another divisive action.

The president also has first amendment rights btw

ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell wrote, “Preliminary ratings for NFL games on CBS yesterday were UP 4% vs Week 3 of last year. Its pregame show had highest viewership in 7 YEARS.”

John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that ratings were up for the NFL pregame show on Fox as well, with both Fox and CBS “up 19%” as viewers tuned in to see hosts like Terry Bradshaw tell them, “If our country stands for anything, folks, it’s freedom. People died for that freedom. I’m not sure if our President understands those rights.”

I am certainly not going to praise him, I do not like what he said and that he said it for cheap political gain. I also do not like the way these NFL responded to it, with another divisive action.

Yes.

It just isn't professional for a professional to make public statements on issues outside of his profession.

Of course he does, but you are getting into a fine line when government officials are trying to get people fired for their opinions. Of course you can argue technicalities and all of that, but the reality is that it is the government trying to intimidate private citizens into not being critical of them, and I don't think that is a good thing for the country.

Which is really the issue. When the government starts pushing for people to be fired due to their opinion, which Trump has now done twice in the last few weeks with the NFL and Jemele Hill, then there is a fine line being toed with regards to the first amendment. Fans can obviously have whatever opinion they wish with this stuff, but the president needs to stay out of it.
Like when barry/jimmy/NIXON said the "police behaved stupidly"? Like that?

Anybody who thinks there is a difference in how frequently the right versus the left makes inappropriate political comments is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back