Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he’s solid, but he has never lived up to the “hype”. He’s a tough call because he’s a freak of an athlete, but hasn’t put it all together imo.

I mean he’s solid, but he has never lived up to the “hype”. He’s a tough call because he’s a freak of an athlete, but hasn’t put it all together imo.

He doesnt have to play like the first overall pick for us, we didnt use that pick on him

Hes put it together enough to want

Clowney's knock has always been he takes plays off and is a big dummy. But he's definitely a freak athlete with top tier edge skills when he's focused.

This is a contract year/tryout. He'll play hard. And if he's here, he'll be playing for a D oriented HC who was in charge of him during his best year. He's worth a one year contract high as 12M IMO. If this weren't a contract tryout I would not be willing to rent him for that amount.

He's going to get a one year rental more than likely. He has more time because of covid-19. His agent is just using this time to drive his price up as high as possible. I honestly think we'd be willing to pay just as much as any other team. A bunch of teams will fill their abundance of holes and be out of the market with this strategy. We don't have a ton of holes, so we can play the waiting game and end up getting him for 12-14m, imo, on a one or two year deal. I still think he ends up here, but i could take it or leave it

He's going to get a one year rental more than likely. He has more time because of covid-19. His agent is just using this time to drive his price up as high as possible. I honestly think we'd be willing to pay just as much as any other team. A bunch of teams will fill their abundance of holes and be out of the market with this strategy. We don't have a ton of holes, so we can play the waiting game and end up getting him for 12-14m, imo, on a one or two year deal. I still think he ends up here, but i could take it or leave it
Completely agree. He will end up with a 1 year $14m deal and will wait forever to sign it.

Funny...his number started out high and keeps dropping so not sure any COVID delays have helped him at all. May have hurt him as teams find out more about his actual health status plus making other moves and draft assessments.

Depends on the incentives. If it is bla bla per sack then it counts against the cap. If it is bla bla for 10sacks it won't.
If he thinks he is worth it, and he can produce it, then pay through incentives. If he fails to achieve elite stats then he doesn’t earn elite bonus. He can put up or shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back