Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now officially do not think we get Clowney. With the extra cap space created by opt-outs this season, he could go anywhere, even the Patriots. That said, we probably sign him today.

I now officially do not think we get Clowney. With the extra cap space created by opt-outs this season, he could go anywhere, even the Patriots. That said, we probably sign him today.
If he planned for this, he is a whole lot smarter than I've given him credit for. Or at least, his agent is.

If he planned for this, he is a whole lot smarter than I've given him credit for. Or at least, his agent is.
Yeah, the cards could fall right for him. I doubt they foresaw this though. Our chances lessened with the addition of the opt out process if he really is just looking at a 1 year deal.

If Beasley opts out the Titans will have $34 million in cap space and can make Clowney a very lucrative one year offer. I like Correa, but I'd rather not have him starting opposite of Landry. Beasley's commitment to football was constantly in question during his tenure in Atlanta, if he flakes out I won[t be surprised and the Titans better go all in on Clowney 20+ million a year. I'm not keen of overpaying for an underachieving player that never lived up to the hype, but the Titans could be in trouble at OLB very soon.

If Beasley opts out the Titans will have $34 million in cap space and can make Clowney a very lucrative one year offer. I like Correa, but I'd rather not have him starting opposite of Landry. Beasley's commitment to football was constantly in question during his tenure in Atlanta, if he flakes out I won[t be surprised and the Titans better go all in on Clowney 20+ million a year. I'm not keen of overpaying for an underachieving player that never lived up to the hype, but the Titans could be in trouble at OLB very soon.

Beasley or no Beasley paying clowney 20+ million a year would be stupid. He had 3 sacks last year and stays injured I know we have no pass rush but Clowney is trash.

Only time will tell if Clowney wants to be on the greatest teams ever assembled. You have to be a true warrior to be a Titan. Some men are scared they don’t have what it takes!!!! Only time will tell if Clowney has the courage!!!!

Beasley or no Beasley paying clowney 20+ million a year would be stupid. He had 3 sacks last year and stays injured I know we have no pass rush but Clowney is trash.

Yeah, well that's just like your opinion, man. Clowney never lived up to the hype of being a #1 pick, but he's still a good player. Trash would be a great description of someone like Kevin Dodd. Half of Clowney's career tackles were tackles for a loss and he was a good pass rusher when Vrabel was calling the defense in Houston.

You have to consider the remote possibility that the season won't happen. In those cases, the teams that didn't give lucrative one year deals are going to look like geniuses, and be able to go into 2021 with a lot of cap space. Perhaps teams are just as slow to sign Clowney as he is.

You have to consider the remote possibility that the season won't happen. In those cases, the teams that didn't give lucrative one year deals are going to look like geniuses, and be able to go into 2021 with a lot of cap space. Perhaps teams are just as slow to sign Clowney as he is.
Yea that makes sense, why lock up another ~$14M into something that may not even take place...

That’s what I said about my wedding expenses, only the number was smaller.
lol

if I could go back Id rather have the money the wedding cost and end up with another car or a few vacations with my wife

the big expensive party at an upscale venue is cool that day but the stress and effort to get to that night and the money it costs isnt worth doing again

but this isnt the right thread for this covo

This season os happening. From what i've learnt in the uk with the soccer. These leagues have too much money to lose on these tv deals. UFC + english premier league made it work for the tv money. NFL is gonna happen might just not be with all the players involved.

This season os happening. From what i've learnt in the uk with the soccer. These leagues have too much money to lose on these tv deals. UFC + english premier league made it work for the tv money. NFL is gonna happen might just not be with all the players involved.

I was kind of over him. I don't want to pay him anything more than like 16. Overrated. That said, with this Beasley situation, we are even in more need for a DE/OLB.

I wonder if we could trade Beasley and a 2nd for Ngakoue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back