Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of over him. I don't want to pay him anything more than like 16. Overrated. That said, with this Beasley situation, we are even in more need for a DE/OLB.

I wonder if we could trade Beasley and a 2nd for Ngakoue.
I get that people grow tired of hearing about things that might just never happen, but Clowney is a huge upgrade at the LOLB spot, HUGE.

Ill wait til week-17 to sign him.

He would indeed be a solid addition. Hope it happens soon to get him acclimated to our team and system. The earlier he gets in, the faster he can make an impact.

I get that people grow tired of hearing about things that might just never happen, but Clowney is a huge upgrade at the LOLB spot, HUGE.

Ill wait til week-17 to sign him.
Being an upgrade over what you have doesn't mean you're not overrated. No way he was ever wroth $20+

Ain’t my money so I don’t care. They know how to massage the cap.
I agree with the mindset, if you got.. spend it, right? ...but with being able to carry cap space over to the next year, it's worth saving some. Great deals by JRob so far with Tanny and Henry. Let's not blow it on Clonwey.

I agree with the mindset, if you got.. spend it, right? ...but with being able to carry cap space over to the next year, it's worth saving some. Great deals by JRob so far with Tanny and Henry. Let's not blow it on Clonwey.
No way they hem themselves in with Clowney. Everybody needs to relax about that.

Especially in a season that has a decent likelihood of being cut short. The smart move IMO would be to go ahead and extend Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu instead of bringing in a high priced free agent.

Especially in a season that has a decent likelihood of being cut short. The smart move IMO would be to go ahead and extend Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu instead of bringing in a high priced free agent.
This is a good point that I hadn't thought of specifically. We have some key guys we need to lock up. I'd love to bring in Clowney for ~$16m. But I wouldn't be surprised if this season is over half way through due to positive COVID tests. So smart money would be to roll the cap space to next year to pay our own guys who've earned it.

lol

if I could go back Id rather have the money the wedding cost and end up with another car or a few vacations with my wife

the big expensive party at an upscale venue is cool that day but the stress and effort to get to that night and the money it costs isnt worth doing again

but this isnt the right thread for this covo

My wife and I paid a nice price for my daughter's wedding a few years ago and now she is getting a divorce. A small wedding at low cost seems to make the most sense and use the money on something else.

Griffen is a head case and 32 years old so I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Really depends on a team's needs and their CAP room but I'd guess Clowney could still get close to $15. .

A headcase that remained healthy the majority of the season and was a Pro Bowl alternate. Clowney isn't going to fetch anywhere near the 20 million a year he was seeking. I'll be surprised if Clowney lands more than 12 million at this point, the market for his services is drying up and teams are tiring of the "negotiations" or lack there of.

Griffen is a head case and 32 years old so I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Really depends on a team's needs and their CAP room but I'd guess Clowney could still get close to $15. .
I dont see Clowney getting more than 12...unless he waits and injuries occur, but if he was getting 15 he would be signed by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back