Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Clowney is acting like a clown! Putting way more value in his worth than the marketplace.

He just came out saying that if he doesn’t get his price, he just won’t play at all. I guess he doesn’t understand basic economics. Or that 100% of nothing is still nothing.

As much as I’d like to have him, I’m beginning to think he’s too much of a “me” player to really fit into the culture JRob and Vrabel has been trying to build here. When he’s healthy he can be a huge asset.

But I’m about ready to just say let him sit on couch and collect no paycheck for a while. Maybe that’ll make him hungry again and not so full of himself.

The latest..
An anonymous team that may be running a 4-3 defensive scheme could be interested in Clowney. Teams currently running a 4-3 scheme include the Browns, Colts, Raiders, and Eagles

Allbright is a savant. He even predicted that the Titans would replace Mariota with Tannehill last year. Believe him!
is that really that impressive?

the moment JR called for Tanny from Miami the writing was on the wall, it was just a matter of how long could mary last....

The latest..
An anonymous team that may be running a 4-3 defensive scheme could be interested in Clowney. Teams currently running a 4-3 scheme include the Browns, Colts, Raiders, and Eagles
we basically run a 4-3 in disguise

dont often use a nose so our two "DE's" are basically 4-3 DTs

we basically run a 4-3 in disguise

dont often use a nose so our two "DE's" are basically 4-3 DTs
This is exactly correct. Proof of this is we generally have a DT play the 3 technique (outside shoulder of the guard) and a 1 tech (inside shoulder of the opposite guard).

A true 3-4 generally has a NT shade to one side of the center, and then the DE's play more out over the tackles.

Outside of $, you would think playing with Vrabel again, vs Houston twice and on a decent team would be enticing to him
Exactly, I feel this keeps us close to the end. And as much as some say pass, this guy helps our team.

What gets me is, I'm extremely skeptical this season sees the end. So in what could be a wasted season, rolling that cap over to pay home grown talent who deserves it is intriguing.

That replay on ABC last night was a good reminder that we beat the Chiefs without Casey and Jayon. We don’t HAVE to go all in on Clowney to be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back