Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That replay on ABC last night was a good reminder that we beat the Chiefs without Casey and Jayon. We don’t HAVE to go all in on Clowney to be competitive.

The Chiefs won the match up that mattered the most with Casey and Jayon playing. OLB is a weakness : Landry is inconsistent, Beasley began his stint here on a bad note, Correa is a rotational player and behind them there is nothing. Clowney isn't an elite player from my perspective, but he's good enough to make a difference and solidify a weak positional group turning it into a strength.

The Chiefs won the match up that mattered the most with Casey and Jayon playing. OLB is a weakness : Landry is inconsistent, Beasley began his stint here on a bad note, Correa is a rotational player and behind them there is nothing. Clowney isn't an elite player from my perspective, but he's good enough to make a difference and solidify a weak positional group turning it into a strength.

But not worth 15 million and the drama he brings with it!

I don't feel he's worth 15 million, I wouldn't pay him anymore than 10 million on a one year deal with several million of incentives if he's healthy for 14+ games.
10 million or less I’d be fine with. Maybe he’s just trying to avoid training camp with whoever he signs with, but he seems set on 15 million plus. Maybe some desperate team will give him that, but I can see him sitting out this year

I just have a gut feeling Clowney just didn't want to go to camp unless he gets an offer around 17M. I also feel that his familiarity with Vrabel allowed Vrabel / JRob to say OK- "test the market" we're not going anywhere. But gives us the chance to match anything in writing. I think that's why this has played the way it has. Unless another team steps up with $17M, Titans will match any written offer and he'll be with us in the $12-15M range. All speculation on my part. Just a feeling on how this played out. No way he sits out a year and leaves money on the table without a means to prove that next year he's worth more.

Just read an article that said Clowney isn’t even really communicating with his agent Bus Cook. Not listening to reason about his value.

Landry only having a "bend" pass rush move, sold us down the river. As he was literally the only EDGE capable of getting to the QB ---- Correa just gets lucky once in awhile.

That would suck. Clowney, Calais Campbell, and Patrick queen added to the defense they already had and that offense will be damn hard to beat.

Clowney would instantly skyrocket up my hated players list.
Maybe someone should tell him Ravens lost to the Titans last year

Latest news on Jadeveon Clowney landing with AFC team
According to what Pauline is hearing, the former Texans star could be returning to the AFC after spending one season with the Seattle Seahawks. The home? Look no further than the Super Bowl favorite Baltimore Ravens.

“A lot of people in the league believe that in end, he’s going to end up with the Baltimore Ravens,” Pauline said in the latest episode of the NFL Draft Insiders podcast. “The Ravens need an upgrade with their pass rush. The belief from league insiders is don’t be surprised if he ends up with the Baltimore Ravens"

All conjecture at this point. If Clowney isn’t really communicating with his manager, then why would he communicate with Baltimore press? Remember, in July, it was assured by insiders he was imminently a Titan. He ain’t signing anywhere until after camp closes because he doesn’t want to go to camp. That should tell you how committed he is...

All conjecture at this point. If Clowney isn’t really communicating with his manager, then why would he communicate with Baltimore press? Remember, in July, it was assured by insiders he was imminently a Titan. He ain’t signing anywhere until after camp closes because he doesn’t want to go to camp. That should tell you how committed he is...
Conjecture

Apparently, Clowney is refusing to take a physical. That pretty much sums up his worth right there. I assume he couldn’t pass one and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back