Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida is about 7-10 days away from the peak.

All these dumb ass mayors opening public playgrounds and beaches before that are doing a great job is flattening the curve...
Stop whining, people get distancing now. How you going to get Rona on a beach?

Americans will tell granny to crawl into her grave at gun point to return to that sweet, sweet Red Lobster all you can eat shrimp.

I love my granny but we’ve gone long enough without cheddar bay biscuits.
Just buy them at the store and cook them at home like Im doing tonight

take this for what it’s worth. I hate when the military is used as a test bed for anything but it just worked out that way this time.

of 595 positive cases onboard the Roosevelt, more than 400 were asymptomatic.

We can take that and assume they’re are more cases across the country going unreported but we can also take that upwards of 75% of people who get it, don’t even have symptoms yet alone dying from this.

take this for what it’s worth. I hate when the military is used as a test bed for anything but it just worked out that way this time.

We can take that and assume they’re are more cases across the country going unreported but we can also take that upwards of 75% of people who get it, don’t even have symptoms yet alone dying from this.
being asymptomatic and being able to pass it is the dangerous part

being asymptomatic and being able to pass it is the dangerous part

The good news from a recent study is, while you can be asymptomatic for up to 14 days after being infected, infectiousness doesn’t start until 2.3 days before symptoms appear and declined quickly within a week.

Infectiousness of course being when you can actually spread the virus.

Another thing to consider, is that 70% of this population is going to get exposed regardless. Corona is here to stay. Wasn't there only one death as well? I understand the dangers and death, but we can't hide in our homes forever. Life comes with risk. It's time to take reasonable measures and get this country moving again.

I just keep asking people what’s the amount a needless death they are willing to accept so they can return to their never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden.

Americans really like pasta.

My guess is that, for a lot of people, the motivation for reopening the country is not to go to Olive Garden. It’s about getting people back to work so we don’t have to magically drop another $2T ($2,000,000,000,000) from the sky to keep the economy from collapsing.

My guess is that, for a lot of people, the motivation for reopening the country is not to go to Olive Garden. It’s about getting people back to work so we don’t have to magically drop another $2T ($2,000,000,000,000) from the sky to keep the economy from collapsing.
“WE WANT TO GO TO THE HAIR SALON!” -Woman in Michigan

“We can’t buy fertilizer! Come on!” -Man in Michigan, in the snow.

Another thing to consider, is that 70% of this population is going to get exposed regardless. Corona is here to stay. Wasn't there only one death as well? I understand the dangers and death, but we can't hide in our homes forever. Life comes with risk. It's time to take reasonable measures and get this country moving again.
To date. 1 death and the latest report I’ve read was 3 that have gone to intensive care.
Everyone else had symptoms, absolutely sick, but nothing outside a mixture of symptoms from other illnesses.
Most are perfectly fine.

“WE WANT TO GO TO THE HAIR SALON!” -Woman in Michigan

“We can’t buy fertilizer! Come on!” -Man in Michigan, in the snow.
Would
“We’re tired of being treated like prisoners” work better?

what difference does the reasoning for wanting to get out of lockdown make?this is passed the point of risk reward.
the reward for absolutely imprisoning people has been lower than the risk of just allowing them to go about their business.

Florida is about 7-10 days away from the peak.

All these dumb ass mayors opening public playgrounds and beaches before that are doing a great job is flattening the curve...

The UW model says Florida is about 2 weeks away from the peak. But they haven't updated the model in 4 days, so we will just have to wait and see.

My point is that we aren't going to be able to wait this thing out until a vaccine. Everyone is going to open back up, and everyone is going to spike when they do.

Ideally, you flatten the curve just enough to where hospitals can keep up, but not so flat we are quarantined indefinitely.

If I'm right and everyone has to open up before there is a vaccine, it's not obvious to me opening up now is somehow worse than opening in July, assuming the hospitals are not currently overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back