Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an opinion. You put Aaron Rodgers on that team you're gonna see some career numbers from the guy.

Their WR 4 is a second round pick in 2020. Pretty crazy.

Giants also have insane WR core
Fair opinion and maybe they just haven’t had the QB assistance to prove your point, but Rodgers on any team improves the production of the WR corps, that doesn’t seem like a good basis to say they’re the best. If Rodgers were on the titans (and actually utilized) , it doesn’t improve the WR corps to a better level than they are, a handful of nobodies and Brown, similar to what he’s had in GB.

Fair opinion and maybe they just haven’t had the QB assistance to prove your point, but Rodgers on any team improves the production of the WR corps, that doesn’t seem like a good basis to say they’re the best. If Rodgers were on the titans (and actually utilized) , it doesn’t improve the WR corps to a better level than they are, a handful of nobodies and Brown, similar to what he’s had in GB.

Yea that's a good point! I think the wide receiver position may be the hardest position to rate, just because it is so heavily dependent on QB.

Question is if they cut Crowder, and it looks like they will since he is scheduled to make $10 mil, what he would be willing to take on a new contract. He might be looking for something in the range of what we paid Humphries and not sure qe have the room or want to pay that.

Titans might be thinking Cameron Batson is a good inexpensive alternative right now. Similar size to Crowder but faster (ran as fast as 4.32 with a 39 inch vertical and real good agility numbers).
Cameron Batson, Dylan Cantrell among Tech pro day standouts

Batson might be ready for a breakout year.

Question is if they cut Crowder, and it looks like they will since he is scheduled to make $10 mil, what he would be willing to take on a new contract. He might be looking for something in the range of what we paid Humphries and not sure qe have the room or want to pay that.

Titans might be thinking Cameron Batson is a good inexpensive alternative right now. Similar size to Crowder but faster (ran as fast as 4.32 with a 39 inch vertical and real good agility numbers).
Cameron Batson, Dylan Cantrell among Tech pro day standouts

Batson might be ready for a breakout year.

We definitely need to find some more ways to get the ball in his hands this coming season. He's actually fun to watch when he has the ball. Since Raymond is gone, he just might have a chance to breakout.

It's an opinion. You put Aaron Rodgers on that team you're gonna see some career numbers from the guy.

Their WR 4 is a second round pick in 2020. Pretty crazy.

Giants also have insane WR core

What round you're drafted in isn't that relevant. That group hasn't produced very much in the NFL. Certainly no more than ATL, Seattle, Tampa, Cincy, or Dallas.

And Giants.... What?? Galloway is pretty good. Not sure if he's a true no. 1, but he's good nonetheless. The rest are of that group are fairly mediocre. Toney has potential, but he's pretty raw.

Not even top 5 dude. Like seriously.

That's just cus they have ass QB's. How can you know wide receivers potentials if they always play with trash QB's? Daniel Jones and Drew Lock aren't guys who are gonna get their WR into the HOF...

Oh let me guess 4 of your top 5
Tampa
KC
Buffalo
Atlanta

Name me a top WR core that doesn't have a top 10 QB.

That's just cus they have ass QB's. How can you know wide receivers potentials if they always play with trash QB's? Daniel Jones and Drew Lock aren't guys who are gonna get their WR into the HOF...

Tampa
KC
Buffalo
Atlanta

That argument cuts both ways. Sometimes a WR enhances a QB’s performance and sometimes they are just average regardless of who is throwing the ball. I say let’s retire this conversation and move on to fertile ground.

Tampa
KC
Buffalo
Atlanta

So Kelce, Evans, Godwin, julio and Diggs wouldn't be successful with Drew Lock?

Denver's WR group is not top 5 regardless who the QB is

So Kelce, Evans, Godwin, julio and Diggs wouldn't be successful with Drew Lock?

Hmm yea you're right. Kelce and Tyreek were both 1,000 yard guys with Alex Smith.
Mike Evans and Chris Godwin were both 1,000 yard guys with Jameis.
Diggs was a 1,000 yard guy with Cousins and 850 yard guy with Case Keenum

Julio has never really played without Matt Ryan so that one doesn't count..

You're right, the elite WR's and Kelce still put up good numbers regardless of QB.

Tampa
KC
Buffalo
Atlanta

So you're basing your entire opinion on potential then. Cause again, the stats don't support any of that. Even guys with the best potential don't pan out. Give me Julio, Ridley, Gage and whoever else ATL wants to run out over anything Denver of NY can offer. Not to mention, Tampas duo balled out even with Winston at QB, so it ain't only about QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back