Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate the swing and a miss. TT's college production was bananas and showed a ton of potential. As long as JRob can find the occasional Byard, and Nate Davis, I'm ok with him "reaching" on people we've never heard of. The draft is a gamble anyway. There was a lot to like after we selected Taylor.

I also can't harshly judge any WR we had during the Mariota era, especially the Mariota/Robiskie era.

That said, I have nooooo clue what he saw in Dez Fitzpatrick. I couldn't rationalize that one at all! No good highlights, no good measurables, no good attributes, no good projections, and no good production to back it up. WTF
Dez was a 4th round dev project. Give him some time.

Dez was a 4th round dev project. Give him some time.
I mean I hope you're right, but a 4th right project that didn't make the team and 31 other teams passed up on after getting cut? Plus isn't the 4th a little early for a development project? At our biggest position of need? Even if not, and I already said I'm ok with some gambles, this was a 4th, 5th, and 7th, round project. People complain about JRob blowing a 7th round pick on a project QB, this is much much worse.

Dez was practicing with Tannehill in Florida this week on his own. Maybe that’s what Jrob saw in him.
Saw what, that they'll practice in the offseason? That's not news, it's almost an expectation now. Both of those guys know they are playing for their careers at this point.
Let me ask straight up, do you think this was a good draft pick? You wouldn't want to change it for anyone else on the board? If so, like your optimism.. sell me on why this this was a good pick please. Not trying to argue, just want you to let me see the light.

Because IMO with Byard, Taywan Taylor, Tajae Sharpe, Nate Davis, and even Kevin Dodd and Isaiah Wilson, they either had good production or rare physical attributes. They all flashed potential. I don't see any of that in Dez.

Was Dillon Radunz a project? With Terrance Marshall on the board it is hard not to question the decision making here.

Btw, I still very much like JRob btw. I'm not a chicken little guy. But no one is perfect and it is only fair to criticize the apparent huge mistakes.

Dez was not a good pick, I agree
projects at a position of need should not be taken in the 4th

Better picks? Hindsight is 20-20 though
OT Hudson
WR Amon- Ra St Brown
RB Hubbard
LB Jabril Cox

Dez was practicing with Tannehill in Florida this week on his own. Maybe that’s what Jrob saw in him.
I think JR put too much emphasis on the senior bowl. That’s what he saw. Fitz knows he had a poor start to his pro career and better show a little something extra.

I think JR put too much emphasis on the senior bowl. That’s what he saw. Fitz knows he had a poor start to his pro career and better show a little something extra.
But was he even good at the Senior Bowl? Is there video of this or reports of this prior to the draft?

I mean I hope you're right, but a 4th right project that didn't make the team and 31 other teams passed up on after getting cut? Plus isn't the 4th a little early for a development project? At our biggest position of need? Even if not, and I already said I'm ok with some gambles, this was a 4th, 5th, and 7th, round project. People complain about JRob blowing a 7th round pick on a project QB, this is much much worse.

Saw what, that they'll practice in the offseason? That's not news, it's almost an expectation now. Both of those guys know they are playing for their careers at this point.
Let me ask straight up, do you think this was a good draft pick? You wouldn't want to change it for anyone else on the board? If so, like your optimism.. sell me on why this this was a good pick please. Not trying to argue, just want you to let me see the light.

Because IMO with Byard, Taywan Taylor, Tajae Sharpe, Nate Davis, and even Kevin Dodd and Isaiah Wilson, they either had good production or rare physical attributes. They all flashed potential. I don't see any of that in Dez.

Was Dillon Radunz a project? With Terrance Marshall on the board it is hard not to question the decision making here.

Btw, I still very much like JRob btw. I'm not a chicken little guy. But no one is perfect and it is only fair to criticize the apparent huge mistakes.
Great point about Radunz with Marshall sitting there!

I was literally chanting “Amon Ra! Amon Ra!” And then they called Dez’s name and I was like WHO?!?! Haha.
I can’t sell you on why it was a good pick, but I also didn’t see Byard becoming so good. Or Jonnu. Or AJ. Or David Long. Or Hooker. Or Fulton. And yet Jrob finds high quality guys that aren’t the flashy names. Often. They saw something in Dez that they liked and I give them kudos for trusting their guts. Hopefully it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back