Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a link to Louisville FanNation site that has a link to another Louisville FanNation article and an 11 second tweet from a practice rep.

I don't know man, maybe I don't watch enough Senior Bowls to know what the standard for "balling out" is, but 6 for 90 just doesn't do it for me. And maybe you're right, maybe this performance put Dez on national attention, but I still had never heard of him, and it seems like most national media pundits and rankings (for whatever they are wroth) graded this pretty low.

I was literally chanting “Amon Ra! Amon Ra!” And then they called Dez’s name and I was like WHO?!?! Haha.
I can’t sell you on why it was a good pick, but I also didn’t see Byard becoming so good. Or Jonnu. Or AJ. Or David Long. Or Hooker. Or Fulton. And yet Jrob finds high quality guys that aren’t the flashy names. Often. They saw something in Dez that they liked and I give them kudos for trusting their guts. Hopefully it pays off.
Well I guess that is where we differ. Although I didn't know Byard, Jonnu, or Hooker, two minutes after we drafted them, there was plenty there to see and understand the pick. You could see their potential. They had good production or good measurables. They had good highlights. Same with Tajae. I didn't know anything about Molden either, but was excited after I looked him up.

I did think AJ and Fulton would be good. I also liked David Long before the draft. All those picks, known or unknown, showed you something to get excited about. There was hype. Again, even Isaiah Wilson and Kevin Dodd gave you at least some production/potential.

I was meh with Rice, but ok. Fine. With Dez? Nope. The more you look into him the more underwhelmed and disappointed you get. That's amplified by the fact he was a 4th, 5th, and 7th round project at our biggest need.

Either way, it's over. No need to keep beating this horse. I hope I'm uber wrong and he develops into Antonio Brown.

Their fans were pleading for Harold Landry, Foreman and Ben Jones at the start of FA.
I think all of those are realistic names for any team to want after their production last year.
Glad to see Jones and Landry still here.
I’d of been happy to see foreman too, but I’m also not too worried he’s gone.

Whomever we have working the cap seems to be godawful and needs to be fired. I dont understand how we seem to always be out of money and cant bring in top FAs when other teams have no issues and pay huge contracts to players all over the field. When the time comes, they make some adjustments, kick the can down the road for another 5 or so seasons.

Whomever we have working the cap seems to be godawful and needs to be fired. I dont understand how we seem to always be out of money and cant bring in top FAs when other teams have no issues and pay huge contracts to players all over the field. When the time comes, they make some adjustments, kick the can down the road for another 5 or so seasons.

the only reason Tannehills cap hit is so high this yr is that we did restructure it last yr in order to be able to sign Julio. We signed Dupree to a big contract last yr and brought Landry back this yr on a big contract….we have Brown and Simmons to sign to huge deals in the next 2 yrs…I’d rather keep those 2 than throw big money at a random FA….and I’m pretty sure our gm knows that he can create 30mil in cap space if he needs it by simply restructuring contracts….got to have some cap room to navigate through the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back