Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopkins does?
If they offer him big money, I’m sure.

I don’t think Hopkins really cares where he goes as long as he’s paid.
I’m just saying that a WR that doesn’t want to be there, even if more talented, might not be better than a WR that does want to be there.
I think the talent gap may be pretty far between the 2 considering the potential health concerns that come with Hopkins.

I also think it’s important to point out what happened to Lewan once the PED train pulled out of town.

If they offer him big money, I’m sure.

………

I also think it’s important to point out what happened to Lewan once the PED train pulled out of town.

Yeah- Lewan just not that bright. Don’t know why he just didn’t publicly admit he identifies himself as a much stronger man than he was. Boom! League and public then would have to allow use of hormones again.

I don’t feel like we get Hopkins. I think we wind up with the group we have now. We will be griping all season long about not acquiring a quality receiver.

I don’t feel like we get Hopkins. I think we wind up with the group we have now. We will be griping all season long about not acquiring a quality receiver.
I may have said it earlier, but I think it is entirely possible that under Vrabel's power, they brought DHop in just to quiet the fan base/media and be trolls, with no intention of actually signing him.

This buys them some time away from some criticism and they can later say, we tried to address it.

Ran is just the order taker.

I may have said it earlier, but I think it is entirely possible that under Vrabel's power, they brought DHop in just to quiet the fan base/media and be trolls, with no intention of actually signing him.

This buys them some time away from some criticism and they can later say, we tried to address it.

Ran is just the order taker.
It’s possible, but I also think that strategy opens them to harsher and louder criticism later.

I was excited when they brought Hopkins him mainly because it signaled that they are addressing the hole at WR. It’s frustrating that they haven’t brought anyone else in for a visit. Anyone? There’s guys out there. Not Hopkins level, but guys that make this group better.

Byron Pringle
Sammy Watkins
Kenny Golladay
Jarvis Landry
Quintez Cephus
NKeal Harry
Olabisi Johnson

I feel as if the Titans should just wait it out until the next FA cycle when there will be a lot of big ticket free agent receivers available and the Titans won't be as tight in cap space. Anything more than 1 year for $10 million with some incentives for Hopkins is too much, especially with the Titan's history with aging receivers.

Titans got plenty money next year and we need D Hop now give him 2 year deal and push money out to next year. Guys I am telling yall he is coming here and when he does our offense is the best in the division and the defense already was!

I hope so...but honestly, Burks hasn't convinced me he's anything special yet.

Didn't think so at first but I'm getting vibes about him to make me think he's going to be solid. Special at Arkansas, that's for sure.

His only flaw will be his QB and no role buddy as the #2 WR.

The very little we saw, he can be really good. He just has to get past the "very little we saw" stage. If he cant be on the field, it doesnt matter how good he is.

Didn't think so at first but I'm getting vibes about him to make me think he's going to be solid. Special at Arkansas, that's for sure.

His only flaw will be his QB and no role buddy as the #2 WR.
Had to go back and watch his "highlights". They tried to get the ball to him in space...didn't look particularly shifty or physical after the catch. Made a few contested catches throughout the season...one be got knocked out cold on. He did hold on to the ball, that was nice.

Idk ... Watching him play I just see an average looking WR. Unless he got bigger, more physical and/or faster I don't see him being a special type of player. Maybe 1k with 5-8td here and there if we're lucky.

The very little we saw, he can be really good. He just has to get past the "very little we saw" stage. If he cant be on the field, it doesnt matter how good he is.
Even if he does what we did see over the entire season, it all looked pretty average.

It’s possible, but I also think that strategy opens them to harsher and louder criticism later.
Not really. You'll never know their intensions. Even if Hop's team comes out and says the Titans low balled him, it still looks like the Titans were trying within their budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back