Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see why everyone here thinks we have no realistic chance at signing Hopkins. You do realize we have a history of being able to obtain aging HOF receivers, right (Randy Moss and Julio Jones?)… unfortunately the previous two didn’t work out. From the eye test, I don’t think Jones was washed up yet here and could have had one last good year, but Tannehill just never developed chemistry with him. The Moss signing made no sense though, you sign the greatest deep threat of all time but was also notorious for taking plays off when he had to block, when we had an offense that didn’t throw the ball deep and our receivers had to block.

I think Hopkins still has a lot to contribute if we sign him. Hopkins never depended on elite athleticism in his career while Julio Jones was a freak of nature in his prime.

While I was a skeptic of Julio Jones, I think Hopkins would perform well as a Titan.

I will also point out, while a skeptic, I also supported the signing of Jones. The position we were in as a team, he was worth taking the risk. He could have been the difference that season if he had not been injured so much. So even though I thought he was going to be injured the whole time, I still would have signed him just on the small chance that he came through.

If he's anywhere close to the player he was a couple years ago, hell even last year, he probably won't sign here. We only seem to get HOF WR once they've got nothing left in the tank.

While I was a skeptic of Julio Jones, I think Hopkins would perform well as a Titan.

I will also point out, while a skeptic, I also supported the signing of Jones. The position we were in as a team, he was worth taking the risk. He could have been the difference that season if he had not been injured so much. So even though I thought he was going to be injured the whole time, I still would have signed him just on the small chance that he came through.
I was all for the Jones move but J Rob did not have to take that contract. We paying the a hole still!

Still remember like it was yesterday.

Tannehill, Henry, AJ Brown and Julio. That was suppose to get us to the Superbowl.

11 sacks, while 9 counted and still couldn't get the job done because of the offense. Still pissed over that game.

Still remember like it was yesterday.

Tannehill, Henry, AJ Brown and Julio. That was suppose to get us to the Superbowl.

11 sacks, while 9 counted and still couldn't get the job done because of the offense. Still pissed over that game.
The only thing that haunts Titans fans more than that game is the Dyson reach in the 99 SB. That Cincy game is #2 IMO.

Please delete this thread. He's not going to be a Titan.

nope.gif

I would like to think at this point he wants a ring..he's got money...so Buffalo or KC it is! lol
Chit, I’d take the money. Bills ain’t won a dang thing, and Tits have a very good shot at post season without him. Nice tax laws in Tennessee too… vs pick pocket New York thieves.

Chit, I’d take the money. Bills ain’t won a dang thing, and Tits have a very good shot at post season without him. Nice tax laws in Tennessee too… vs pick pocket New York thieves.
The Bills are closer than we are but that division has got alot tougher...so I agree no guarantees there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back