Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I have said,,, The allure of playing in New York with the nightlife and the media attention, endorsements and international flare is too much for a lot of these players to get past. Small town kid going to the ultimate big city. Watson would go there and lose and be happier than in Houston losing.

I was just gonna say that.
If a Titan had said something like this, it would be considered a "red flag". get rid of him, he's not interested in winning, he's only interested in partying.

I think it’s more prevalent in players than we know. The play for the money and if they happen to win great, but they don’t care. I just think some are good at hiding it. I have stayed consistent with my opinion of Watson. I think he is overrated. I think his ego is starting to swell and now it’s starting to show. Who knows maybe the new coaching staff and Watson can turn the Jets around. But I don’t think so. I just know Houston is a dumpster fire. Fuck the Texans and their arrogant fans.

Houston is a dumpster fire and I would argue trading Watson for a bevy of picks is the road to getting healthy again. BUT, Watson is not over-rated. He is a top 5 QB and that is something that will stay with them years after a trade.

Houston is a dumpster fire and I would argue trading Watson for a bevy of picks is the road to getting healthy again. BUT, Watson is not over-rated. He is a top 5 QB and that is something that will stay with them years after a trade.

He has top 5 stats but no team will ever win with him and before the current contract is up his body will start breaking down from the punishment it’s taken.

You know this because...

I don’t... anymore than you know it won’t happen. But History tells us running QBs don’t fair well. QBs who get hit a lot don’t typically last long. Watsons success doesn’t come from the pocket or on simple roll outs. It comes from running around and making defenders miss until his WRs get open. He plays street ball. When he loses that extra step or can’t twist and turn then what? Watson doesn’t beat you from the pocket. You keep in inside the pocket and he is average.

I don’t... anymore than you know it won’t happen. But History tells us running QBs don’t fair well. QBs who get hit a lot don’t typically last long. Watsons success doesn’t come from the pocket or on simple roll outs. It comes from running around and making defenders miss until his WRs get open. He plays street ball. When he loses that extra step or can’t twist and turn then what? Watson doesn’t beat you from the pocket. You keep in inside the pocket and he is average.
As you say, your opinion. Mine is his stats lead to placing him in the top 5 performances and thus give him an historical background on which to predict future success.

As you say, your opinion. Mine is his stats lead to placing him in the top 5 performances and thus give him an historical background on which to predict future success.[/QUOTE

If he is so good... why isn’t his team in the playoffs? Why when they did make it didn’t they have success? Why didn’t he elevate his team like the other top 5 guys do? He had the best WR in his prime and did nothing. Had a very good defense with one of the best DL guys in history and he did nothing. I would say history has proven even with his talent he can’t get it done,

Why didn’t Dan Marino win a SuperBowl? Why didn’t Warren Moon or Phillip Rivers? The more I read your post, the more it’s clear you just like to argue.

I think it’s more prevalent in players than we know. The play for the money and if they happen to win great, but they don’t care. I just think some are good at hiding it. I have stayed consistent with my opinion of Watson. I think he is overrated. I think his ego is starting to swell and now it’s starting to show. Who knows maybe the new coaching staff and Watson can turn the Jets around. But I don’t think so. I just know Houston is a dumpster fire. **** the Texans and their arrogant fans.
I think I'm more the opposite and I think fans in general don't admit it often but I don't care about their off-the-field antics. If they are producing on the field and the team is winning thanks to that production, I'm good.

I see fans that argued about how they wouldn't support their team if they signed a Mike Vick, AP, or other players with "bigger" off field issues. There were people that didn't want Tyreek Hill a couple seasons ago (I mean KC fans).

I don't think this is accurate for Watson. I think he does pretty well from the pocket and really has surpassed the "running QB" label.

I wouldn't say Watson has done nothing, in his 4 years in Houston has won the division twice, losing in the WC and losing in the Divisional round.
Granted no SuperBowls but many good QBs don't get there.

I wouldn't say Watson has done nothing, in his 4 years in Houston has won the division twice, losing in the WC and losing in the Divisional round.
Granted no SuperBowls but many good QBs don't get there.
All this despite BOB running that chise into the ground anyway he could. Anyone with eyes knows he's top 10 easy, and probably top 5 qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back