Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably read up on sexual misconduct and how women react. You have the privilege to come forward immediately. It’s safe for you to do that. Others don’t.
Misconduct and assault are different legal entities. There is a reason there hasn’t been a police report.

yeah the text messages apologizing for making them uncomfortable is the nail in the coffin.
What does “uncomfortable” mean?

Not in defense, but I’ve seen generally creepy guys apologize to women without actually doing anything although they must recognize their stares or gestures come off as awkward.

That also happens to drunk people, apologizing for something they think they did and blown out of proportion in their own mind, when nothing really happened.

We need physical evidence from a medical exam that he “forced her” to have sex. Coercion is so,etching that’s difficult to prove. And I stated I took the defense stance to interject some balance against the pitchfork lynch mob attacks against DW.

last I read there hasn’t even been a police report filed.
So, how would a medical exam prove anything in the allegations? They don’t have “oral sex” kits or “inappropriate fondling” kits as far as I know. Do you see how a women would be at a disadvantage if something like this happened to her? There is no physical proof.

What does “uncomfortable” mean?

Not in defense, but I’ve seen generally creepy guys apologize to women without actually doing anything although they must recognize their stares or gestures come off as awkward.

That also happens to drunk people, apologizing for something they think they did and blown out of proportion in their own mind, when nothing really happened.
I am just saying with (now) 22 women accusing him and there is a "form of evidence" from his text apologizing.. According to the lawyer that isnt the only text and some are much more incriminating. We will see as they are released.

So 22 women didn't think anything of DWs actions until now?
Not uncommon and having attended many of the mandatory trainings the navy ensures Sailors receive, it I see well documented why this happens.

Not that there’s a threashold, but after about 4-5 start accusing, I can’t really think Watson (stop calling him DW everyone) probably did something wrong, even if not to all of them.

So, how would a medical exam prove anything in the allegations? They don’t have “oral sex” kits or “inappropriate fondling” kits as far as I know. Do you see how a women would be at a disadvantage if something like this happened to her? There is no physical proof.

you’re getting into the legal realm of consent. Bruises, tissue tears etc are hard evidence. As it stands he allegedly made them feel as if they had no choice but to provide. He didn’t force them to stay

and I’m not an expert in that part. I’m sure if there was hard criminal evidence we’d have had a police report filed. It’s all just hearsay right now. Hence, the civil suit and the settlement proposal.

Because as it's been stated, it's not an easy thing for a woman to do. Specially if it is against someone high profile, because just like what you have been doing, they are not believed or seen as a victim. You immediately went that this was a money grab.
To add, it’s even harder for a man to come forward in many same sex situations.

Really more of a post to say that it cannot be assumed easy to come forward for anyone. As people who generally want justice, we can only encourage people to recognize how detrimental to a criminal case not coming forward sooner can be. Not to mention potential increase in victims for not reporting.

Absolutely. But unless a physical assault was committed, the masseuse is responsible to terminate the encounter and simply leave.

Not uncommon and having attended many of the mandatory trainings the navy ensures Sailors receive, it I see well documented why this happens.

Not that there’s a threashold, but after about 4-5 start accusing, I can’t really think Watson (stop calling him DW everyone) probably did something wrong, even if not to all of them.
I thought everyone was referring to @Deuce Wayne when I first saw DW...then I just got lazy

I am just saying with (now) 22 women accusing him and there is a "form of evidence" from his text apologizing.. According to the lawyer that isnt the only text and some are much more incriminating. We will see as they are released.
Again, not in defense, just pointing out the other possibilities. I agree though 22 probably crosses that mark of that being a likely scenario.

Of course I do. But it’s often about money which clouds merit of compensations and punitive damages. That’s where the term “Jackpot justice” originated from.

look I take a tone to defend Watson because the court of public opinion is everything but fair. The merit of the allegations will be sorted out if it goes to trial. I’m advocating putting down the pitchforks until we know. However, it’s quite possible now that the pile on has occurred, Watson may have to settle to avoid further damage to his reputation caused by the court of public opinion. I personally hope he fights each one if he’s truly innocent. At the very least I’d like to hear his side according to his attorney they will address a response when the complaints are no longer coming in.

Lawyer: Now will be 12 lawsuits against Watson

My point is he put himself in this position no matter what happened. The court of public opinion whether fair or not he has coming. He is a super wealthy pro athlete. He can handle it.

This isn’t a Richard Jewell type scenario. DW4 placed himself in this spot. I’m judging him solely on what we actually know happened. I will be much harsher should it be proven he sexually assaulted any of these women.

My point is he put himself in this position no matter what happened. The court of public opinion whether fair or not he has coming. He is a super wealthy pro athlete. He can handle it.

This isn’t a Richard Jewell type scenario. DW4 placed himself in this spot. I’m judging him solely on what we actually know happened. I will be much harsher should it be proven he sexually assaulted any of these women.
The court of public opinion is generally wrong and presumptuous.

Public opinion, including my own can get F***d. It only has negative value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back