Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he’s pissed. But he’s going to quickly realize he has ZERO leverage since he signed that contract and he’s going to get over it real quick.

I don’t know that I agree with you about zero leverage. He is the face of the franchise. The fan base is disturbed. Watson can cause huge problems. The fans in Houston worship him.

Watson has enough money to survive. If Watson believes his career is dead in Houston and he will waste his prime years and wants out he can refuse to play and they WILL trade him. It isn’t unprecedented.

I’m not claiming he will do this and I agree with you he will figure it out, but to say he has zero leverage I think is short sided, He has as much leverage as HE thinks he has.

If it were me... I would trade him to Atlanta. I am sure they would do a deal including picks and maybe even take Ryan if he would restructure.

I don’t know that I agree with you about zero leverage. He is the face of the franchise. The fan base is disturbed. Watson can cause huge problems. The fans in Houston worship him.

Watson has enough money to survive. If Watson believes his career is dead in Houston and he will waste his prime years and wants out he can refuse to play and they WILL trade him. It isn’t unprecedented.

I’m not claiming he will do this and I agree with you he will figure it out, but to say he has zero leverage I think is short sided, He has as much leverage as HE thinks he has.

If it were me... I would trade him to Atlanta. I am sure they would do a deal including picks and maybe even take Ryan if he would restructure.

He has zero leverage because the Texans can flat out refuse to trade him. If he sits out they don’t have to pay him anything. Not to mention the fines he will have to pay.

Houston fans are fair weather fans anyway. They won’t leave. I saw many threaten to leave if they didn’t fire BOB like 2 years ago.

He has zero leverage because the Texans can flat out refuse to trade him. If he sits out they don’t have to pay him anything. Not to mention the fines he will have to pay.

Houston fans are fair weather fans anyway. They won’t leave. I saw many threaten to leave if they didn’t fire BOB like 2 years ago.

They left the Oilers. You may not be old enough to remember that. The Texans franchise is a mess. Fans will flat quit going.

We will have to agree to disagree. Watson is a league star. He has leverage.

They left the Oilers. You may not be old enough to remember that. The Texans franchise is a mess. Fans will flat quit going.

Yes he does. Trading him would be an O’Brien move and they are trying to get away from that. If they hire Bieniemy then Watson will cool down.

They left the Oilers??? Lmao no the Oilers left them!

You’ve been saying for months Watson is overrated lol

We can just sit and wait how it plays out but I’d bet anyone on here that he won’t be traded.

Lev Bell was a league star and he had to sit out an entire season to get his way and that was only because he was a FA after the year.

Watson has zero leverage here. Texans know it too. Why else would they ignore his recommendations? Lol

The first mistake made here was giving Watson any say at all.

Who the **** is this guy, LeBron James?

To his credit, Watson actually has a place in the MVP conversation while Lebron doesn't.

But apples to oranges.

If he's your franchise- and he is, and the key piece to your team, and he is... why wouldn't get get say?

He's not doing the hiring, but it should be considered. Any MVP caliber QB would be.

Maybe.. Did A Rodgers choose Lefleur? Seems like they were butting heads for awhile.
I don't think so- but they chose him to be "under" Rodgers in a weird way.

And there's no doubt now that Lefleur is basically just a headset wearing cheerleader while AR calls plays.

To his credit, Watson actually has a place in the MVP conversation while Lebron doesn't.

But apples to oranges.

If he's your franchise- and he is, and the key piece to your team, and he is... why wouldn't get get say?

He's not doing the hiring, but it should be considered. Any MVP caliber QB would be.
Because this is the potential fallout.

Tell him his opinion matters and then don't hire the guy he wants. It turns into, "my opinion never mattered."

They left the Oilers??? Lmao no the Oilers left them!

You’ve been saying for months Watson is overrated lol

We can just sit and wait how it plays out but I’d bet anyone on here that he won’t be traded.

That’s not exactly what happened. But I digress.... I doubt he is traded also. but I think he has leverage, The Texans are a train wreck.

I still think he is overrated. When the legs go he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

But apples to oranges.

he isnt even in the discussions for MVP this year. I know he had great numbers, but if you can only win 4 games, then doesnt matter what numbers you put up.

he isnt even in the discussions for MVP this year. I know he had great numbers, but if you can only win 4 games, then doesnt matter what numbers you put up.

Exactly... putting up huge numbers coming from behind against prevent or bad defenses isn’t MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back