Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see him getting suspended in 21’, I just don’t think it would be for a whole season.

I think the court case should probably reach conclusion too. I can’t recall if it’s happened yet, but has anyone been suspended prior to the case finale AND been proven innocent?
I think if he settles, he’s still looking at a 4 game suspension. He will most likely appeal that. But with how inconsistent the NFL is who knows what they will do.

Unfortunately, there is no way for him to "prove innocent". As far as a civil case goes (requiring less evidence), if he goes to court with 21+ women giving virtually the basic same story to 1 man saying they are all lying has very little chance of winning. Even throwing in his 18 women to say nothing happened with them isnt going to help much.. just looking at the comments from a few articles, they are all saying the same thing :"why did he need 40 different masseuses in 1 year", jury are people and they are going to think the same thing. Also, just because Jeffrey Dahmer didnt kill me doesnt mean he wasnt a murderer. Great for those 18 women that Deshaun didnt treat them like prostitutes, that doesnt mean he never treated anyone else that way.
You never know what a jury will do. I thought OJ was doomed and he walked.

I think if he settles, he’s still looking at a 4 game suspension. He will most likely appeal that. But with how inconsistent the NFL is who knows what they will do.
I was actually thinking up to 8 games. This is a more serious accusation than almost all previous cases and has a higher number of accusers. I’d also say that the NFL is still try to look as if f they are getting tougher on these civil case settlements, but you’re right, NFL has been inconsistent and I don’t know how much the fan appeal for his football talent will play a factor on the suspension number.

I was actually thinking up to 8 games. This is a more serious accusation than almost all previous cases and has a higher number of accusers. I’d also say that the NFL is still try to look as if f they are getting tougher on these civil case settlements, but you’re right, NFL has been inconsistent and I don’t know how much the fan appeal for his football talent will play a factor on the suspension number.
A regular Joe would get 8 games, I don’t think they treat the regular guys and the stars the same.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. The NFL has the power at any time. But, the CONTEXT of the post is him getting jail time. It doesn’t matter if he wins or loses, the NFL can’t JAIL him, they can suspend today if they wanted. Posters need to look at context and not pull a phrase OUT of context just to be disagreeable. It is more likely that he gets off lightly if settled, if the case actually goes to trial and he loses, he will face a very heavy suspension.

Lol what? No one is arguing where the NFL can jail DW...

You said “If he loses the civil case, the NFL still has the power to sit him for pretty much as long as they like.”

The first part of your post talked about the difference between civil and criminal cases. I don’t think I’m pulling anything out of context here and there is NO ONE on here saying the NFL can jail Deshaun.

Yeah, Buzbee has painted himself into a corner with saying he was giving evidence to the HPD and then backpedaling.

Although, if I am not mistaken, at least 2 of the women would have very strong criminal cases against him. The SI woman who immediately called the woman who "booked" the appointment and told her story, and also immediately told her husband. And one other woman immediately told her friend and mother about what happened. I do believe that is the kind of thing they use in criminal cases.

Actually a lot if not most of the women made an outcry to a husband, boyfriend, best friend or relative immediately following the incident. That is very strong evidence in Sexual Assault cases. When you combine that with phone calls, text messages, DMs on social media. It doesn’t look good.

Buzbee isn’t backpedaling. He is being very careful and strategic. Remember that there are accusations from women in other states. Rumors range from Texas Rangers to FBI.

I don’t believe the theory he is going to just write some checks, get traded, sit out a few games and life goes back to normal.

Rusty Hardin is doing the best he can with what he has but so far it’s looking like at 80 years old Watson could be the case that sends him home. The defense is laughable at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol what? No one is arguing where the NFL can jail DW...

You said “If he loses the civil case, the NFL still has the power to sit him for pretty much as long as they like.”

The first part of your post talked about the difference between civil and criminal cases. I don’t think I’m pulling anything out of context here and there is NO ONE on here saying the NFL can jail Deshaun.
You replied as if I said the only way the NFL docks him is if he loses the case. I simply said if he does lose it, then they can sit him for as long as they like, not only if he loses it will they punish him. Within the context of the post, the gist was all the talk about jail time is irrelevant if it’s a civil case.

Hey, I am butting out of this thread and putting it on ignore. Everyday it’s the same speculation and the OCD in me won’t let me not open an unread thread. So, for sanity’s sake I am dropping this one. Enjoy it all who choose to stay and participate. Just not for me right now.

Sorry, what do you mean by this?

My opinion is that Buzbee has all along been settling a trap. I think Hardin isn’t being told the truth by his client and the trap is set. He knows exactly what he is doing. Now Hardin has taken the bait, just my humble opinion. I could be very wrong and it’s the opposite. I have great respect for Rusty Hardin.

Former NFL Doctor: Deshaun Watson Using Numerous Masseuses is 'Unheard Of' | FOX Sports Radio

So in a year Watson has seem a minimum of 39 different massage therapists? His attorney claims they don’t know the names of the 21 but they found this 18?

I dont think this helps him. It’s a bad move by Hardin IMHO. What does it prove?

Keep in mind Jefferey Dahmer didn’t eat everyone he met.

Buzbee statement : https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1378125778164981760

More criminal complaints in numerous jurisdiction. Buzbee laid the trap and Hardin fell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back