Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes.

When it first came out, at least one woman tried to settle but Watson wasn't interested.

They sent an email Feb 19. It didn't come out until March 16

Its not uncommon in a civil lawsuit. "We will give you the chance to settle or this goes to court." His lawyers are just trying to win the court of public opinion. Really a stupid move imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes.. they have been moaning about this since Hardin was hired. I find it hilarious that any attorney would classify settlement money as “hush money” as though a pre trial settlement is a bad thing. I understand Rusty Hardin is trying to defend his client, but that’s what lawyers do. Pre trial settlements are more common than going to court. They try and settle cases.

Rusty Hardin has a bad client who has probably lied to him and at 80 he is slipping.

Yes.

When it first came out, at least one woman tried to settle but Watson wasn't interested.

They sent an email Feb 19. It didn't come out until March 16

Its not uncommon in a civil lawsuit. "We will give you the chance to settle or this goes to court." His lawyers are just trying to win the court of public opinion. Really a stupid move imo.

Like I’ve said before I think this is the case that sends Rusty Hardin into retirement.

Like I’ve said before I think this is the case that sends Rusty Hardin into retirement.

At this point, they kinda have to keep rolling with the blackmail angle.

Give me money or it goes public.

Blackmail - the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them

Lawyer "we will save everyone the trouble if you settle now." Settling would also be looked at as an admission to guilt.

I'm sure he wasn't expecting 20 people to come out

Now Watson is losing another endorsement deal ... Beats by Dre has fired him. They are all running far far away from Deshaun Watson.

Beats by Dre statement “ We have moved on from Deshaun Watson”

Moving on from him is the right business decision at the moment, I don't think it means much otherwise...these companies don't want the backlash

Moving on from him is the right business decision at the moment, I don't think it means much otherwise...these companies don't want the backlash

At the moment? This isn’t just a moment. This isn’t just a speed bump or a passing thunderstorm on the way to a brilliant HOF career.

Nike doesn’t move on from anyone. But they dropped him like a hot potato.

Watson is finished. The Texans will end up cutting him.

At the moment? This isn’t just a moment. This isn’t just a speed bump or a passing thunderstorm on the way to a brilliant HOF career.

Nike doesn’t move on from anyone. But they dropped him like a hot potato.

Watson is finished. The Texans will end up cutting him.
Didn't they take Tiger Woods back after "moving on"?

Edit: Nike stood by Woods, dropped Lance Armstrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Not comparable situations anyway. Tiger wasn’t accused of a crime, Lance was a cheating ( steroid ) scandal.
Crazy world, it's ok to cheat on your wife with 19 other women but don't cheat in cycling lol

Is it even a sport? @Big TT

Still Woods could have been something a company wanted no part of.

The woman that went on tv claiming the lawsuit isn't about money, should publicly pledge she will donate all the money she wins (minus the cost of her lawyer and court fees) to foundations that are dedicated to sexual assaults against women.

The woman that went on tv claiming the lawsuit isn't about money, should publicly pledge she will donate all the money she wins (minus the cost of her lawyer and court fees) to foundations that are dedicated to sexual assaults against women.

But if she wins she will be a woman who was sexually assaulted... so she should donate the money to herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back