Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downing ran that same RPO/Screen earlier in the game prior to the INT in the redzone. Same personnel, same formation, same everything.

Both times, the Bengalis DB knew it was coming...
I read somewhere else that the handoff to Henry on 4th down was also “tipped off” by Firkser. Can’t recall exactly what he did (had something to do with his motion) but I bet the same thing happened on the screens, maybe not Firkser.

Vrabel just said he thinks Downing is a great coach and loves how he communicates. Said he doesn’t evaluate coaches based on performance(HUH??????), just likes to see how well they communicate. This team is never winning a super bowl. Vrabel’s ego not allowing him to admit when he makes a mistake will prevent us from ever taking the next step. To hell with all the fans that spend their money to show up and support the team every week.

Vrabel just said he thinks Downing is a great coach and loves how he communicates. Said he doesn’t evaluate coaches based on performance(HUH??????), just likes to see how well they communicate. This team is never winning a super bowl. Vrabel’s ego not allowing him to admit when he makes a mistake will prevent us from ever taking the next step. To hell with all the fans that spend their money to show up and support the team every week.
Here's an article saying that as well

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel backs OC Todd Downing following loss to Bengals

Welp, might as well end this thread as it's clear as day that Vrabel won't be showing Downing the door.

Stuck with Bum Tannehill and Downing for the foreseeable future.

Vrable wants to win so so bad….he loves coaching his guys…we have a great culture in the locker room because of Vrable….he isn’t going to throw anyone under the bus to the media…he knows what we need to do better…last yr the defense struggled in key areas and he brought in Schwartz and players to fix the problem….I expect changes this off-season on the offensive side….Vrable knows we have the defensive pieces to win it all

Welp, might as well end this thread as it's clear as day that Vrabel won't be showing Downing the door.

Stuck with Bum Tannehill and Downing for the foreseeable future.
Amazing that Vrabel is that blinded by arrogance. Can’t wait to watch the offense struggle again all next season. I’m sure we’ll be one and done again and Vrabel can talk about how we have to play better and coach better in all 3 phases of the game. I also can’t believe he tried to act like all 3 phases were equally responsible for the loss to the bengals. It was clear the defense played maybe the best game in titans history and offense lost us the game.

Vrable wants to win so so bad….he loves coaching his guys…we have a great culture in the locker room because of Vrable….he isn’t going to throw anyone under the bus to the media…he knows what we need to do better…last yr the defense struggled in key areas and he brought in Schwartz and players to fix the problem….I expect changes this off-season on the offensive side….Vrable knows we have the defensive pieces to win it all
Saturday’s game proved you can play perfect defense, and still won’t win without an offense. Those days are long gone, and we’re never going to beat the Patrick Mahomes & Josh Allen’s of the league come playoff time, running our archaic offense. Running the ball is great to make sure you have a good team, but you’re never gonna be a great team without a top notch passing game. The Titans are outdated and it shows.

Vrabel ignorance of Downing is next level. Do not care of the adversity the team has had this year, as of performances in game because of his inept, vanilla and prehistoric play calling has held the offense back. We got an athletic quarter back an absolute beast of RBs Foreman included, but we do nothing to throw dbs or rushes off. Where the designed boot legs, Rpos and unpredictable routes. It's all 80s post, slants and rely on a players skill to get open rather than designed plays.

I read somewhere else that the handoff to Henry on 4th down was also “tipped off” by Firkser. Can’t recall exactly what he did (had something to do with his motion) but I bet the same thing happened on the screens, maybe not Firkser.

Firkser was in the slot and then slide down and brought his man with him to clog the area.

Our entire offense depends on not turning it over and the defense forcing turnovers. That’s not gonna win you a Super Bowl in today’s NFL. Can you imagine the Titans trying to keep up with those offenses in the Chiefs/Bills game? If you don’t see Todd Downing as one of the best OC’s in the league, which I don’t think anyone does, then we need to be finding someone who is. Stop accepting mediocrity, and I wouldn’t even consider Downing that. Vrabel needs to have the same high standards for his coaches as he does his players. He also said he now was having input on offense. Maybe that’s hurting us too because as bad as he is calling a defense, I can’t imagine his offensive mind. EGO. His ego will be his undoing.

Our entire offense depends on not turning it over and the defense forcing turnovers. That’s not gonna win you a Super Bowl in today’s NFL. Can you imagine the Titans trying to keep up with those offenses in the Chiefs/Bills game? If you don’t see Todd Downing as one of the best OC’s in the league, which I don’t think anyone does, then we need to be finding someone who is. Stop accepting mediocrity, and I wouldn’t even consider Downing that. Vrabel needs to have the same high standards for his coaches as he does his players. He also said he now was having input on offense. Maybe that’s hurting us too because as bad as he is calling a defense, I can’t imagine his offensive mind. EGO. His ego will be his undoing.
I said awhile ago Vrabel's ego will be our undoing and got critized for it...yet here we are

Saturday’s game proved you can play perfect defense, and still won’t win without an offense. Those days are long gone, and we’re never going to beat the Patrick Mahomes & Josh Allen’s of the league come playoff time, running our archaic offense. Running the ball is great to make sure you have a good team, but you’re never gonna be a great team without a top notch passing game. The Titans are outdated and it shows.
We don't need a top notch passing game. Just fucking competent would've won us the game handily

That’s the only part I disagree with and yes, I think it can work to beat the bills or chiefs based on doing just that earlier this year.
Seeing them beat each other’s defense senseless doesn’t change my opinion of the Tennessee defense.

for starters, Buffalo SHOULD have beaten up on KC’s D. They were ranked near the bottom of the league, specifically against the pass.
Mahomes destroyed buffalo’s top D. The titans top D smashed KC’s offense to the tune of 3 points. I think it could absolutely meet in the middle realistically. Tennessee also put 27 points up on KC which including a big lead the entire game not forcing the need for additional points like Buffalo chose to go after.
If Buffalo could run better, they may have won by keeping the ball away from Mahomes.

I think every agrees Downing has to go. Who do you like to replace him?

Someone from Shannahan system would be nice. (Mcdaniels or Slowik)
Joe Brady is risky but could be a home run.

A very unpopular answer is Bill OBrien. Currently Alabama’s OC. He was a terrible GM and an average HC… but pretty good OC. Vrabel coached under him in Houston

We don't need to get fancy, trendy or a big name. Just get someone competent.

Honestly, anyone

Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back