Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they stack the box, which they shiot as should would could do, Malik Willis will have only one job. Throw the ball. If he can't take advantage of an over stacked box, we got some things to worry about down the road.

I don’t think Willis will ever be a successful NFL QB. Very unimpressed from what I’ve seen so far. Can’t read a defense, holds onto ball way too long, takes a lot of sacks. Put that with the Titans o-line=recipe for disaster. Expect a heavy dose of the run.
fumble rate of 100% is impressive

This is the best defensive scheme possible for Willis to get his first start…the Tampa 2 defense that Lovie has made his career on is not very sophisticated. It doesn’t incorporate many blitz packages (Texans are bottom 5 in the league in blitz %). It relies on the front 4 to generate pressure and they just don’t have the personnel to do that and they don’t have the personnel to stop the run with their front 7. So they will have to drop a safety into the box which then turns coverage into a cover 3. This puts lots of pressure on the LBs because in cover 3 they have responsibility to cover the flats. Tough to stop Henry inside and cover TE or RB sneaking into the flat. This is why you will see Hilliard and Henry on the field at the same time. Our WRs are going to be tired after this game because they are going to be asked to run a bunch of deep routes just to occupy defenders and keep them out of the box.

Everyone's rate is 100% on their first fumble
thatsthejoke.jpg

I've been seriously underwhelmed by Willis so far, to the point where I wonder why he was drafted at the QB position.

I hope that this is the game that shows me why.

I've been seriously underwhelmed by Willis so far, to the point where I wonder why he was drafted at the QB position.

I hope that this is the game that shows me why.
He runs OK for a qb.. but his passing has left a lot to be desired. Which overall makes him a lousy qb. Now, I have hopes that he is better than we have seen and gets a lot better than what we have seen, but so far we havent seen much to make me excited for his future.

QB’s often go from good to great, but rarely do they go from bad to good. He needs to show a lot more that he has to this point.

QB’s often go from good to great, but rarely do they go from bad to good. He needs to show a lot more that he has to this point.
I've said this before... The "developing" a QB stuff is BS... QBs either have it or they don't and Willis doesn't look to have it at all. It would be a miracle if he turns in to a quality NFL starter.

I don’t think Willis will ever be a successful NFL QB. Very unimpressed from what I’ve seen so far. Can’t read a defense, holds onto ball way too long, takes a lot of sacks. Put that with the Titans o-line=recipe for disaster. Expect a heavy dose of the run.
Right as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back