Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right as usual
You are definitely not the lone voice with this opinion. I said it on draft day. If Willis was truly a dominant player, his stats would have been way better at Liberty. And for those who want to challenge that opinion by saying he didn’t have elite talent around him, I would counter that he didn’t play elite defenses either.

Not going to sugarcoat it, Willis looked awful and clearly is still a project. Even his running ability isn't scaring anyone at the moment. Obviously he has great mobilty but he doesn't know how to use it properly. Vince Young wasn't the fastest runner, but he was always a threat because he had great vision and was good at waiting for his blocks to open and follow them. Willis is just out there running in circles right now.

Not going to sugarcoat it, Willis looked awful and clearly is still a project. Even his running ability isn't scaring anyone at the moment. Obviously he has great mobilty but he doesn't know how to use it properly. Vince Young wasn't the fastest runner, but he was always a threat because he had great vision and was good at waiting for his blocks to open and follow them. Willis is just out there running in circles right now.

He cuts off whatever angle he has trying to get away sometimes -- what could have been a fall forward 6 yard gain, turns into 2.

I've said this before... The "developing" a QB stuff is BS... QBs either have it or they don't and Willis doesn't look to have it at all. It would be a miracle if he turns in to a quality NFL starter.

to be fair, this franchise has NEVER had the footing to test 'future qbs' --- they've always been thrown in there and left to rot....

who???

Dual threat QB needs to learn to throw and needs to learn to run. Def failed the eye test.

maybe the game speed will come to him but he was crippled with hesitation and bad decisions.

I don’t understand why everyone has been hating on him so much give him a chance to develop. Part of me Does wonder if our coaching staff can help him develop though.

I don’t understand why everyone has been hating on him so much give him a chance to develop. Part of me Does wonder if our coaching staff can help him develop though.
I’m not sure it’s hating on him as much as very low expectations. Given his college productivity, (good, not great) and current state of inexperience and extremely raw skill set, it’s probably a fair assessment given the overall success of 3rd round or later developmental QBs. Hope he makes it so we don’t have to spend a high draft choice or try to find another Tannehill , but not expecting that to happen.

It's interesting to read this thread on Monday morning. Everyone predicted Willis would put up bad stats, and everyone underestimated how bad they would be.

With T17 due some money next year, we don't have the luxury of developing a QB. At this point, it looks like we're paying T17 and drafting or signing another QB.

If you can’t hit a wide open receiver and you throw an INT behind your receiver, you are not even an NFL caliber back up. And if choose not to run to a wide open side of the field, you don’t have the mental composition to be an NFL “dual threat QB.

best one could say is no fumbles and it appeared he not once got in DH22s way

QBR of 32.1 .... you get a 39.6 for throwing it OOB - just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back