Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough on Bucky, he just didn't have the physical tools

And most of those flat squirrels were college stars.

I did my own analysis a few years back on the success rate of QBs by round and I figured about 60% of first round QBs are busts. The bust rate though gets much much higher after that.

For every Russel Wilson there are tons of middle round QBs who never did anything.

As a side note, have a look at this story that came out today

Let's sound the alarm on the NFL's sophomore quarterbacks: Where each have disappointed this season
I know, and yet people think because a QB is a 1st rounder he will make it. It’s rare to find a Mahommes or an Allen. Plus, teams rush them in too soon and many fail that might have succeeded with a little cultivation.

The kid is 1 and 0 and will get better he has nfl arm and great athlete. 3 rd round pick that needs time. Logan Woodside has none of that period and had he played would have been much closer or we lose. Willis will be our qb year after next
Not sure I agree with that. I never liked Woodside as a back-up, but he is better than Willis at this moment. Willis might turn out OK, but history is very much against him. His learning curve is extremely steep.

Not sure I agree with that. I never liked Woodside as a back-up, but he is better than Willis at this moment. Willis might turn out OK, but history is very much against him. His learning curve is extremely steep.
If Woodside was better he would be the backup and Willis would’ve been #3

LOL

not the way it works.. woodside has zero street value willis would be snapped up before the ink dried on the attempt to get him on the PS

LOL

not the way it works.. woodside has zero street value willis would be snapped up before the ink dried on the attempt to get him on the PS

Woodside has some dirt on vrabel or something if he was anything he would’ve been snatched up by another team a long time ago.

Woodside has some dirt on vrabel or something if he was anything he would’ve been snatched up by another team a long time ago.
I agree... I wonder how much he got for signing... someone else might know for sure but best I understand it he would have gotten guranteed vet minimum for rest of season because he is a veteran

I agree... I wonder how much he got for signing... someone else might know for sure but best I understand it he would have gotten guranteed vet minimum for rest of season because he is a veteran

Woodside has pictures of him doing keg stands

Woodside has pictures of him doing keg stands
woodside 100% behind that screen - probably the root cause of the whole situation

titans-coach-nfl-draft-awkward-scene.png

If Woodside was better he would be the backup and Willis would’ve been #3
No, they want Willis to develop and they know his ceiling is higher so he was given the job. They weren’t going to keep three on the roster and there was very little risk in moving Wooodside to the practice squad.

Their is no denying that a running QB causes the defensive ends to hesitate and keep outside contain. Part of CJ getting 2K was because he had VY and his legs that teams had to account for.
There is also no denying that Henry has owned the Cows without a running QB. This is all just spin to make Willis seem like a bigger contributor than his 55 yards passing says he was.

There is also no denying that Henry has owned the Cows without a running QB. This is all just spin to make Willis seem like a bigger contributor than his 55 yards passing says he was.
It's true henry has owned the cows but that was with some semblance of a passing game. Impossible to say how he would look with someone like Woodside back there.

It's true henry has owned the cows but that was with some semblance of a passing game. Impossible to say how he would look with someone like Woodside back there.
No worse than Willis. They were focusing 100% on Henry, didn’t care about an inexperienced back-up. Henry won that game with a good defensive effort supporting him.

No worse than Willis. They were focusing 100% on Henry, didn’t care about an inexperienced back-up. Henry won that game with a good defensive effort supporting him.
100%. Woodhouse vs Willis is a wash.

Willis running around in circles was the least of their worries. His lone (incomplete, at that) passing attempt in the second half wasn't scaring anybody.

Except for the people who actually evaluate NFL talent for a living.

Bucky was way more decisive. Willis was like a squirrel trying to figure out whether to cross the street or run back. The road to NFL failure is littered with flat squirrels.
:hugelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back