Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enormous project. Is there a QB drafted in the last several years who had a bigger mountain to climb to be an NFL-level passer? He looks like a high schooler with some of his mechanics. Maybe he eventually gets there, but the odds are stacked against him.

Tannehill has obviously been a point of contention for titans fans. Most seem to think it's time to move on from him, I personally believe he's been our best performer since he took over as starter.

A spot start for Malik isn't going to give us any longterm conclusions but it will be interesting to see how a different QB performs for the first time in 3+ years?

It would be lovely if we had an OC with half a brain. I'm not convinced Downing will be able to adequately execute a game plan for Malik, although he has been quite good at scripting drives so maybe?

I expect a grotesque amount of handoffs to henry vs. stacked boxes and malik to throw under 20 times.

Final line
12/17
103 yards
1 TD
1 INT

With 50ish yards rushing.

He couldn't even meet your meager expectations.

55 yards passing lol

Enormous project. Is there a QB drafted in the last several years who had a bigger mountain to climb to be an NFL-level passer? He looks like a high schooler with some of his mechanics. Maybe he eventually gets there, but the odds are stacked against him.

bUt sOmE peOLe hAd hIm aS A 1st rOuNd pIcK

The threat of him running helped the running game. With Tanney out does anyone think that Logan Woodside would have been better>

The threat of him running helped the running game. With Tanney out does anyone think that Logan Woodside would have been better>

I mean technically anyone could hand the ball off to Henry like they did all day yesterday. If Logan Woodside played he probably would’ve spotted the Texans 14 points.

bUt sOmE peOLe hAd hIm aS A 1st rOuNd pIcK
Except for the people who actually evaluate NFL talent for a living.
That reminds me of when Bucky Richardson was the starter, for all of a few weeks lol

Bucky was way more decisive. Willis was like a squirrel trying to figure out whether to cross the street or run back. The road to NFL failure is littered with flat squirrels.

If he doesn’t know the offense by now, he ain’t never gonna make it.

He should give the CFL a try. QBs there need to be able to run and they have done well with guys who came from unconventional college offenses. Tracy Hamm is a CFL HOF QB and he played in the Flexbone in college.

Except for the people who actually evaluate NFL talent for a living.

Bucky was way more decisive. Willis was like a squirrel trying to figure out whether to cross the street or run back. The road to NFL failure is littered with flat squirrels.

Fair enough on Bucky, he just didn't have the physical tools

And most of those flat squirrels were college stars.

I did my own analysis a few years back on the success rate of QBs by round and I figured about 60% of first round QBs are busts. The bust rate though gets much much higher after that.

For every Russel Wilson there are tons of middle round QBs who never did anything.

As a side note, have a look at this story that came out today

Let's sound the alarm on the NFL's sophomore quarterbacks: Where each have disappointed this season

My point was VY10, who didn't have elite speed, knew how to take what the defensive gave him and knew how to wait for his blocks to lead. If he saw a 6 yard run opportunity, he'd take it. Willis is out there trying to break ankles every run and turns an 8 yard gain into a 1 yard gain because he's out there dancing and running in circles.

The kid is 1 and 0 and will get better he has nfl arm and great athlete. 3 rd round pick that needs time. Logan Woodside has none of that period and had he played would have been much closer or we lose. Willis will be our qb year after next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back