Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give Whisenhunt credit for one thing and thing only. I'm not taking up for him at all he sucked for the most part. But he had the time prepared by week one. We might have sucked for the rest of the year but atleast he had us looking like world beaters at the start of the season.
I’m pretty sure he was undefeated opening week or very close to it because he had so much time to prepare. But the rest of the season was garbage lol

They so soft because nobody plays a down in preseason then when the season starts every body has hamstring injuries.
They’re so scared of injuries during preseason but wind up losing half the starters by week 4. Makes me wonder what they do during training camp and other off-season programs

Hope Vrabel gets this squad playing this game or else I think a lot of fans will disengage for the year.

0-3
Downing as our OC
Injuries
Terrible OL
Some fans already talking about "rebuild"
Still hurting from the Bengals game
BEAST of a RB on the decline
Tannehill only collecting a paycheck
Top heavy AFC teams

The only thing we can cling on if we lose Sunday is that we're in the AFC South and the season can still be salvaged.

I'll still say we win 24-21.

Clearly the Titans are trying to add some veterans to an extremely young DB room.
New Titans Terrance Mitchell (CB) and Andrew Adams (S) have a combined 170 games, 87 starts, 15 interceptions and 82 passes defensed in the last 7 years. Significant experience.

Clearly the Titans are trying to add some veterans to an extremely young DB room.
New Titans Terrance Mitchell (CB) and Andrew Adams (S) have a combined 170 games, 87 starts, 15 interceptions and 82 passes defensed in the last 7 years. Significant experience.
They put Tre Avery on Stefon Diggs.....enough said.

I work sunday, so i won't be risking sleep for it...

I'll just check the nfl scores when I wake, and if we hadn't won, probably won't even watch the highlights..

They so soft because nobody plays a down in preseason then when the season starts every body has hamstring injuries.
How is playing in the preseason any different than playing at the start of the real season? Are players somehow immune to injury in the preseason? Preseason makes them immune going in to the season?

How is playing in the preseason any different than playing at the start of the real season? Are players somehow immune to injury in the preseason? Preseason makes them immune going in to the season?

I've never understood this logic. It's like their bodies become immune to injury the second the season starts.

It's probably more of the backfire they would face if a star player gets injured in the preseason, as opposed to week 1. Makes no sense really.

I think to point is during the pre season you ease your body into full contact hits. When you sit all preseason then head into week one of the regular season you are jumping into full contact hits along with full game time worths of them. This doesn't even factor in your ligaments, joints, and soft tissue, basically going from semi on the couch to all out.

I think to point is during the pre season you ease your body into full contact hits. When you sit all preseason then head into week one of the regular season you are jumping into full contact hits along with full game time worths of them. This doesn't even factor in your ligaments, joints, and soft tissue, basically going from semi on the couch to all out.
These guys are training and practicing. They don't sit on the couch and then jump into an NFL game. You can't ease in to getting hit etc. Whether it's preseason or regular season, it's football and injuries happen. Hell there has been players injured at home walking their dog or some other random accidents...

As pointed out in other post, if a star player goes down in preseason there would be so much backlash for them playing in preseason games.

Preseason is for evaluating players that you don't know enough about and/or getting rookies/younger guys live action reps. Putting your starting squad out there is just more chance they get injured before the real games even start.

I've never understood this logic. It's like their bodies become immune to injury the second the season starts.

It's probably more of the backfire they would face if a star player gets injured in the preseason, as opposed to week 1. Makes no sense really.
I'd much rather players not risk getting injured in games that don't count in the win-loss column.

Use preseason to find out what you've got in players that arent starters etc.

These guys are training and practicing. They don't sit on the couch and then jump into an NFL game. You can't ease in to getting hit etc. Whether it's preseason or regular season, it's football and injuries happen. Hell there has been players injured at home walking their dog or some other random accidents...

As pointed out in other post, if a star player goes down in preseason there would be so much backlash for them playing in preseason games.

Preseason is for evaluating players that you don't know enough about and/or getting rookies/younger guys live action reps. Putting your starting squad out there is just more chance they get injured before the real games even start.
Agree, the starters should be getting enough "reps" during TC to prepare for the season....the preseason is for evaluation of roster spots outside of starters, I think the beef is charging fans $ for preseason games

I don’t give a shit about preseason!!! These are the damn Titans!!!!! We will be ready for Raiders and it doesn’t matter what city they call home!!!!!!! The reason Bo Jackson retired so early is because he knew that one day Nashville would get a football team and he didn’t want to be around to play them!!!!!! This will be over early. We are done messing around and this is when our season starts!!!! We will beat them so bad Oakland will feel it!!!!!!!
Titans 442
Bo Jackson minus 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back