Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, the starters should be getting enough "reps" during TC to prepare for the season....the preseason is for evaluation of roster spots outside of starters, I think the beef is charging fans $ for preseason games
I agree.. I wouldn't pay for a preseason game. Hell I didn't even watch more than 15-20 mins of preseason on TV. But then again, I wouldn't pay what it cost to go to a regular season game either.

From a business perspective, they see it as giving you bonus content. From a fan perspective, we know it's just a scrimmage between depth players/guys that won't be around in a few weeks.

I'd much rather players not risk getting injured in games that don't count in the win-loss column.

Use preseason to find out what you've got in players that arent starters etc.
Well your logic failed. Starters are getting injured, also with the new CBA practices are soft and the rule changes made to the NFL has made IMO players soft. Look at players back in the day when they dressed in full pads doing 3 day practices hitting. If anything you can say that because of the CBA and rule changes to games/practices that players who weren't built physically to play at the big boy level are leeching into the NFL. Thus we are beginning to see year after year more and more injuries, and example of this who have played for us would be Locker and McCarthy, I am sure other teams had players fall to a similar fate.

Well your logic failed. Starters are getting injured, also with the new CBA practices are soft and the rule changes made to the NFL has made IMO players soft. Look at players back in the day when they dressed in full pads doing 3 day practices hitting. If anything you can say that because of the CBA and rule changes to games/practices that players who weren't built physically to play at the big boy level are leeching into the NFL. Thus we are beginning to see year after year more and more injuries, and example of this who have played for us would be Locker and McCarthy, I am sure other teams had players fall to a similar fate.
Are there this many soft tissue injuries in college ball? ACL and tears you can't fake but hammy problems seem ridiculous lately...Athletes are getting soft...but then again the contracts are out of control, they get paid regardless

Players get injured in preseason also. That's my point. Preseason is just another opportunity to get injured, not a miracle cure for players not getting injured in the regular season.

Players get injured in preseason also. That's my point. Preseason is just another opportunity to get injured, not a miracle cure for players not getting injured in the regular season.
Mmmmm…..ramping up to full speed with sub max threshold strains DOES strengthen soft tissues. So more of those does make an athlete stronger and more durable.

I don't like our O-line's chances against Crosby and Ngakoue. Not sure NPF and Double D will be able to keep Tanney clean, or open holes for Henry.

Raiders: 34
Titans: 17

So his playing OLB? Weaver and who? Again if you knew Dupree was hurt and other injuries, why did we not elevate Tak McKinley and keep rams from getting him? There is a need!

as Titan fans you state nothing but a theory as the only people on field for Titans during exhibition games are insurance salesmen

"#Titans    healthy edge rushers for Sunday:

Rashad Weaver
Derrek Tuszka
Gerri Green
Wyatt Ray

Obviously, Denico Autry will play a good bit out there, we could see some DeMarcus Walker there too, but it's gotten really grim really quickly on the edge for Tennessee."

Yikes. Bud Dupree signed a big deal, started a fight in a convenience store and became a part time player. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back