Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt played bad, always trying to give us the ball, but we played worse, couldn't stop a 3rd down play for 3 quarters. It was a moral victory, but our 3rd down defense isn't beating anyone without miracles. I rate their play 6 out of 10 and our play 5 out of 10. Neither team was good, which would merit at least a 7 out of 10. When the announcers say Butler is our best db and that we can't afford to lose him, we are not an elite team by any means. An elite team easily handles Pitt the way they played, a mediocre team barely loses.

Special Teams let us down today big time.

1. Raymond dropping that KO return
2. Allowing that massive PR before the half
3. The Kern dropped snap (no that wasn't a fake punt)
4. Of course, the missed FG to end the game.

It’s a low bar, but he has already made more FG at a higher accuracy than the collection of scrubs all last season.
Despite missing a few, he’s actually an upgrade on what we had.
Not sure what Joseph did in the “preseason” or whatever it was called, but he was gone quick.
I will keep this kicker. I believe a good team doesn't put their kicker in that situation, and Tanny almost threw a td. I think he should have just threw shorter to a more open receiver. He still had 30 seconds or so.
Get a 1st and a more manageable play call for a td, not a fg.

But like I said in the SB.

The 2 plays that really cost us the game is not recovering that Connor fumble on their first long 10 min drive. Had we recovered that, I truly believe it swings the game in our favor.

Next play is that awful throw by Tanny before the half on 3rd and 5.. If we convert that, we at least go into to half at 17-7 or better, instead of being down 24-7.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about getting off the field more on third down. The Titans are dead last in the NFL by a wide margin and it's worse at home than away.

Steelers went 23 games without an opening drive TD.. That's a super crazy stat, yet they broke it against us on a 10 min drive that should've been stalled 3 times.. Such a frustrating game.

It's all about getting off the field more on third down. The Titans are dead last in the NFL by a wide margin and it's worse at home than away.

I'm not sure home and away stats mean anything this year.

But our 3rd down defense is so frustrating to watch. At this point, teams should kneel on 1st and 2nd down to get to 3rd down on us.

But like I said in the SB.

The 2 plays that really cost us the game is not recovering that Connor fumble on their first long 10 min drive. Had we recovered that, I truly believe it swings the game in our favor.

Next play is that awful throw by Tanny before the half on 3rd and 5.. If we convert that, we at least go into to half at 17-7 or better, instead of being down 24-7.
Arthur smith made a terrible call by not running it to Henry on that last drive when tanny threw it away

The entire blame on Gostkowski is ridiculous. It’s like you all forgot what happened the entirety of the rest of the game.
The D. Geez, the D specifically on 3rd downs.

The PR before half, missed key tackle that sprung the returner for 50. Not to mention Beau having snapping issues today and Kern’s decision to throw vice just kicking, he had the room and time.

The OL was not good for most of the game. Watt ate Kelley up all day. This probably played into THills rough 1st half.

On that note, THill and the intentional grounding play was a killer too.

Plenty of room to pass some blame, I didn’t even mention the coaches.

You cannot spot s**tsburgh a 20 pt lead.

Yep. Lots of things went wrong today. Tannehill looked horrible until that last drive. He could have easily had 3 INT’s today. Some of his throws weren’t even close.

Even though the drive ended up in an INT, the Steelers ate up 7 and a half min of the Fourth Quarter because the Titans defense cannot stop anybody on third down, particularly third and long.

Overall, the Steelers were 13/18. On the season the Titans are allowing teams to convert third downs at almost a 60% rate. This is not only poor play, but a huge indictment of the coaching staff. Bad third down defense has been a problem throughout Vrabel's tenure and adding Adoree isn't going to work some miracle cure.

Vrabel and Bowen have to learn to be more aggressive with their playcalling. This game was a perfect example. In the 2nd half when the Titans became more aggressive and sending 5 men, the Steelers weren't nearly as effective.

The players have played poorly on D, but the playcalling is the number 1 problem in my opinion.

The Steelers had the ball for nearly 38 minutes and effectively took Henry out of it.

I hate these fucking games.. Would rather get beat 41-14 as opposed to losing 27-24 because our kicker can't make a 46 yard FG..

He would make it with ease if Tom Brady was his QB and we all wanted his ass to miss it.

So hard to get over this loss. We fought until the end and I thought we had it after AJ’s catch. I know the first half sucked but really really was confident on that final drive. Depression mode for rest of today. These games mean so much , ughhhh

Arthur Smith cost us that game. Should have given it to Henry after the first down by brown. Instead intentional grounding cost us game
So because he couldnt predict the future, smith cost us the game?

Goddam it art, why didnt you know there would be an intentional grounding! Yoiu should have run!

Arthur smith made a terrible call by not running it to Henry on that last drive when tanny threw it away

The play call wasnt the issue. The issue was Kelly and Davis being beat off the line immediately.

The only issue i had with Tannenhil on that final drive was taking the deep shot on third down. Titans had plenty of time and timeouts. If there was something underneath for a few more yards, he should have taken it. A few yards closer and that game goes to OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back