Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I do. He's averaging 27 carries per game, so an extra 20 carries is essentially an extra game worth of carries on his body. That's significant over the course of a season. And again, it isn't worth the potential injury risk. There is literally nothing to gain by running Derrick out there with the game wrapped up.

Hell if it doesn't matter, why not run Derrick 40 times a game? 50 times? His linebacker body can handle it right?

Lmao that’s the dumbest sh!t I’ve ever heard. No one is “fresh” in the postseason and Henry would tell you that 20 carries ain’t gonna make a damn bit of difference. Go back to this time last year and it’s the same damn story. People were complaining about his workload this time last year too. You keep complaining, the rest of us will keep enjoying watching one of the greatest to ever do it.

The Titans want him to break the record and win football games. You can stay in your safe space and cry, but I’m gonna enjoy watching history.

“Father Time is undefeated” except for Tom Brady. He is literally doing what no one else has done. At 44, almost all QB’s do have “father time” win, except TB. So yeah, it literally does refute the “Father Time” comment. I’m not comparing QB’s to RB’s. I’m comparing football players to Father Time because that is the statement you made.
Blanda ...

Ok cool so you limit his carries in the 4th quarter last week. So now he has 4 less attempts on the season. Glad you just added years onto his NFL life by doing that… if only it were that easy.
fishface wasted lots of EGs career slamming him into stacked boxes

it is just futile and pointless...

fishface wasted lots of EGs career slamming him into stacked boxes

it is just futile and pointless...

I understand that thought process but Eddie also was never a fast RB. So when he lost a step it was very hard for him to overcome that.

Plus that was almost 20 years ago now. A lot has changed in the ways of recovery for NFL players. Hell even the NFL rules have changed on how guys can tackle. Just don’t think it’s a apples to apples comparison.

DH is in his prime. We won’t get these years back because we managed his workload better. Now I too was a little puzzled why he was in the game last Sunday but I think it’s obvious that Vrabel and Co want him to get the record.

Lmao that’s the dumbest **** I’ve ever heard. No one is “fresh” in the postseason and Henry would tell you that 20 carries ain’t gonna make a damn bit of difference. Go back to this time last year and it’s the same damn story. People were complaining about his workload this time last year too. You keep complaining, the rest of us will keep enjoying watching one of the greatest to ever do it.

The Titans want him to break the record and win football games. You can stay in your safe space and cry, but I’m gonna enjoy watching history.

Crystal clear you don't know a damn thing about football.

DH is in his prime. We won’t get these years back because we managed his workload better. Now I too was a little puzzled why he was in the game last Sunday but I think it’s obvious that Vrabel and Co want him to get the record.

some pretty real good coaches would help

Lmao that’s the dumbest **** I’ve ever heard. No one is “fresh” in the postseason and Henry would tell you that 20 carries ain’t gonna make a damn bit of difference. Go back to this time last year and it’s the same damn story. People were complaining about his workload this time last year too. You keep complaining, the rest of us will keep enjoying watching one of the greatest to ever do it.

Larry Johnson’s 416 is definitely going down this year. Just 1 more record for the King.

talking about the staff

I think Downing has done a pretty good job too. Especially considering the injuries.

He’s been changing things up from when Art was here. More running out of 11 personnel and out of the shotgun. Trying to spread teams out a bit at the LOS.

KC stacked the box constantly and we made them pay through the air. The 2nd half was just about running out the clock so yeah it seems like Henry was just being run into a wall but if it was a close game the play calling would’ve been different for sure.

I think Downing has done a pretty good job too. Especially considering the injuries.

He’s been changing things up from when Art was here. More running out of 11 personnel and out of the shotgun. Trying to spread teams out a bit at the LOS.

KC stacked the box constantly and we made them pay through the air. The 2nd half was just about running out the clock so yeah it seems like Henry was just being run into a wall but if it was a close game the play calling would’ve been different for sure.
Agree, downing does seem to be doing alright. Curious if some of his issues with Oakland were trying this same thing with wrong personnel.

I am even willing to question the position coaches

as much as I disliked him I would rather have the real keith carter as OL coach and luke steckel at TE... the dude literally walked me to a table at an event a few years ago... I mean 100% nepotism there

Titans have 2 actual midgets on the staff. I highly respect the arm of the little man... not fond of the secondary coach... and F jimbeliena RITP

I think Downing remained aggressive on the first drive of the second half, as that drive featured a good mix of rushing and passing plays. It just so happened by the time of the interception, there was only just under 4 minutes left in the third. When the Titans got the ball back again, it was nearly the start of the 4th quarter, so I understand them just constantly running the ball up 24. To me, this is where Henry could have been spelled for a series, but it is what it is.

I agree with you about the 11 personnel. It's actually been a breath of fresh air considering how much the Titans operated out of 12 personnel under Smith (I think it was close to 40% of all plays).

Agree, downing does seem to be doing alright. Curious if some of his issues with Oakland were trying this same thing with wrong personnel.

Yeah not really sure. It’s kind of difficult to judge a guy off of one year. Lots of different variables.

I just went back and looked and that team had some talent. But Amari Cooper and Crabtree both caught like 50% of their passed and Marshawn Lynch was on the back end of his career. Carr didn’t have a great year but made the pro bowl.

I think Downing remained aggressive on the first drive of the second half, as that drive featured a good mix of rushing and passing plays. It just so happened by the time of the interception, there was only just under 4 minutes left in the third. When the Titans got the ball back again, it was nearly the start of the 4th quarter, so I understand them just constantly running the ball up 24. To me, this is where Henry could have been spelled for a series, but it is what it is.

I agree with you about the 11 personnel. It's actually been a breath of fresh air considering how much the Titans operated out of 12 personnel under Smith (I think it was close to 40% of all plays).

Yep agreed. We didn’t have the ball much in the 2nd half outside of the long drive Tsnnehill threw the pick on.

Our offense was really exploited against Baltimore in the playoffs. I’m glad to see we are trying new things and not running different plays out of the same formation like we did with Art.

Our play action was very good because our formations all looked the same but teams catch on after a while. I think this is one of the biggest reasons we could never win a game when teams took away Henry.

That offense on Sunday was a prime example of what we can be when teams sell out to stop the run. We didn’t have that last year. Tannehill hasn’t looked super comfortable for the first few games of the year but this new structure may be part of the reason why. Just having to adjust to some of the new things we are doing.

By the way you’re right, last year we ran 11 personnel 38% of the time. 12 personnel 35% of the time.

This year we are running 11 personnel 62% of the time and 12 19% of time. Huge difference!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back