Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans are now 3-0 when Taylor Lewan plays less than 50% of the snaps in a game with wins against the Seahawks, Bill's, and Chiefs. 2-2 with Lewan.

I made a similar post last week as a joke. Now, I'm wondering if there might actually be something to it. No, I don't think it's about Lewan. I think it's about our game plan to cover for his absence. We seem to run more quick passes, screens, and pitch-outs when he is out and the other interior guys are banged up. When he is in the game our "identity" is to bully the other team between the tackles, which is so predictable it gets stuffed often.

Same thing happened on defense this week. Our secondary is so thin we signed "Bob, the Wal Mart night stock guy" on Tuesday and he was on the field in the 1st quarter. Yet, somehow, we managed to miraculously find a 4 man pass rush that was so effective that even Bob looked good. (No offense to the player we actually signed, just jokes).

So both our offensive and defensive game plans seem to actually be better when we are covering for injuries, than when we are healthy and trying to force our will/"identity" on the opponent.

I think, if we keep mixing things up to keep the opponent off balance, we can run the table, or at least come close. BUT... I fear we will be stubborn, and go back to predictable when healthy and end up losing games we should win.
Lewan is a pooosay

True, but it becomes a lot easier for the Titans and you begin talking about hosting home playoff home games. A loss drops the Titans chances to 86% and then you're looking at picking off other AFC targets, especially the remaining division games or the Steelers game. Every game is special and this is the most right now.

Agreed

Yea, I mean I get that. But the 2 teams are NOT in the same place. The Colts season is over with a loss on Sunday, OVER. The Titans is not.
This is an exaggeration. At 3-5, 0-2 against Tennessee, their division chances may very well be over, but they would still be very much in the WC race. Back 1-2 games.

Buffalo
Raiders
Chargers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Titans

NE/KC/Den/Pitt
Are all right there with them.

This is an exaggeration. At 3-5, 0-2 against Tennessee, their division chances may very well be over, but they would still be very much in the WC race. Back 1-2 games.

Buffalo
Raiders
Chargers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Titans

NE/KC/Den/Pitt
Are all right there with them.

Really? 3-5 with wins against only Houston, Miami and San Fran. They still have Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Arizona and the Raiders. You think they will get a WC with an 8-9 or maybe even 7-10 record? I’m giving them wins against the Jags, Houston, New England and the Jets. 8-9 isn’t going to get it.

Really? 3-5 with wins against only Houston, Miami and San Fran. They still have Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Arizona and the Raiders. You think they will get a WC with an 8-9 or maybe even 7-10 record? I’m giving them wins against the Jags, Houston, New England and the Jets. 8-9 isn’t going to get it.
I think they remain in the hunt, yes.
I’m not sold Raiders stay at the top, Denver and NE ain’t s**t, Pitt isn’t impressive.
Of the 7 teams I listed out front, how many reach 10 wins? Buffalo, Tennessee, at least 1 AFC north team.
While I think Chargers, Bengals, and ravens make playoffs, I don’t see any as 12-13 win teams running away from Indy to eliminate them.

Dude the Jets have Flaco now :trophy:

Colts are making playoffs at 8-9. If they lose to the Titans they would have beat patriots raiders as well as pull upsets versus bills, bucs to even get a wild card

Colts are making playoffs at 8-9. If they lose to the Titans they would have beat patriots raiders as well as pull upsets versus bills, bucs to even get a wild card

Colts are not making the playoffs at 8-9.

I would also bet heavily against them beating the Bills or Tampa Bay.

I think they remain in the hunt, yes.
I’m not sold Raiders stay at the top, Denver and NE ain’t s**t, Pitt isn’t impressive.
Of the 7 teams I listed out front, how many reach 10 wins? Buffalo, Tennessee, at least 1 AFC north team.
While I think Chargers, Bengals, and ravens make playoffs, I don’t see any as 12-13 win teams running away from Indy to eliminate them.

IMHO….. Buffalo, Titans, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Raiders, Browns are all 10 win teams. KC and Pitts could be.

If the Colts lose Sunday they are done. They even know it. I’m not sure why you don’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO….. Buffalo, Titans, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Raiders, Browns are all 10 win teams. KC and Pitts could be.

If the Colts lose Sunday they are done. They even know it. I’m not sure why you don’t.
Just a quick math thing I guess, 3-5 with more than half a season left just smashes any idea they’re done.
The fact you don’t think their going to make it clearly has nothing to do with this week anyway, you’ve said that since before the season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back