Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that confirms it, not only did Brown’s game not play a roll, but it was known he was on the trade block during the draft.

So I’d say it wasn’t Brown really at all.
that doesn't keep the casual ignorant fan or talking head from saying "bu bu Brown killed Jrob"

i can't even be assed to debate that bullshit

hard to argue against it... why not week ago or week from now???
maybe it was after the Cincy game and she was getting her affairs in order.. who knows

but 1 player in 1 game for a team in another conference does not have that sort of impact

maybe it was after the Cincy game and she was getting her affairs in order.. who knows

but 1 player in 1 game for a team in another conference does not have that sort of impact
For the reason for the firing or the timing of the firing?

I 100% think the timing was due to the game and the resulting fan outrage.

For the reason for the firing or the timing of the firing?

I 100% think the timing was due to the game and the resulting fan outrage.

It was a bad GM move to let your one of your top 3 athletes go- particularly one you found in the 2nd round. And then get made to look foolish at that game.

I'm betting if JRob had mentioned to AAS the number was an extra 5 mil/year- she'd have said do it. I think JRob thought he get manage the cap situation he messed up by overpaying injury prone guys who just don't play enough. I also suspect JRob told AAS "Trust me, this will work out......" And then she got embarrassed and took a bigger picture look at the body of his work.

We've got a very expensive new stadium now under contract. AAS can't tolerate losing fan loyalty and sentiment. And we are def going to tumble/tank next year to build up draft capital. It's going to be a tricky situation to navigate fan interest as the team rebuilds under Cowden/Vrabel, knowing that the stadium needs to be sold out.

I agree the game most definitely was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I believe if we somehow make the playoffs and go 1 and done for 3rd straight year, Vrabel is gone

Either fired or suggested he takes another job on his own.. another playoff egg he's likely done

Screenshot whatever I stand by it

I believe if we somehow make the playoffs and go 1 and done for 3rd straight year, Vrabel is gone

Either fired or suggested he takes another job on his own.. another playoff egg he's likely done

I think of Vrabel makes the post season, he keeps his job with a new GM and injuries as the built in excuse.

If he misses the post season after a 4 game lead and a tie breaker over #2 (was Indy), he deserves to lose his job.
I don’t think he’s safe.

Evan Engrams game today was proof that Jrob really f’ed up letting Cruikshank walk in the offseason. No one is better against TE’s. Cruikshank meanwhile is making peanuts sitting on the bench in Chicago.

I think of Vrabel makes the post season, he keeps his job with a new GM and injuries as the built in excuse.

If he misses the post season after a 4 game lead and a tie breaker over #2 (was Indy), he deserves to lose his job.
I don’t think he’s safe.

Or... he thinks that this organization is years away from building a perennial winner, and looks for a new team with a faster path.

I don’t think he’s safe.

While I agree with the latter part, I do wonder if AAS will do that considering she have to pay both Vrabel and Robinson for 4 years.

You know she regrets extending them both in the offseason at this point.

Vrabel is not going anywhere. Get used to that. He's a good HC and they don't grow those on trees. He has had his hands tied with lack of talent. You can't make a silk purse out of sow's ear. Our record is better than the team, by far. And that is coaching.

Yes. Downing sucks ballz. He has NEVER done anything anywhere. And he needs to go. But who else does Vrabel have right now. And why would he pull the trigger? We're not built to do anything different. WBI and old man woods are all we have in WR. Chig is promising but Hooper is meh. Until playoffs we don't run RT17 to cool off the safeties/CBs. We're just going to have to wait until the playoffs, maybe have Autry/Simmons/Dupree/Landry? all out there. We can't do ANYTHING with the OL and CB's due JRob's multiple f-ups on those positions.

So let's get behind Vrabel. He's the best coach we've had in Nashville.

Vrabel should be given the same option that Mularkey was. Hire a new OC or fall on the sword for Downing.

I mean, if Amy is true to her words about why she fired JRob (he had topped out), I would say Vrabel is standing on the same ground. His style of football is good enough to not be a losing team, but it ain't winning any superbowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back