Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel is not going anywhere. Get used to that. He's a good HC and they don't grow those on trees. He has had his hands tied with lack of talent. You can't make a silk purse out of sow's ear. Our record is better than the team, by far. And that is coaching.

Yes. Downing sucks ballz. He has NEVER done anything anywhere. And he needs to go. But who else does Vrabel have right now. And why would he pull the trigger? We're not built to do anything different. WBI and old man woods are all we have in WR. Chig is promising but Hooper is meh. Until playoffs we don't run RT17 to cool off the safeties/CBs. We're just going to have to wait until the playoffs, maybe have Autry/Simmons/Dupree/Landry? all out there. We can't do ANYTHING with the OL and CB's due JRob's multiple f-ups on those positions.

So let's get behind Vrabel. He's the best coach we've had in Nashville.
Vrabel is the best based on what? Losing in the AFC championship game? Fisher managed to lose in the Superbowl, so I will still give that to Fisher at this point.

Vrabel is not going anywhere. Get used to that. He's a good HC and they don't grow those on trees….
So let's get behind Vrabel. He's the best coach we've had in Nashville.
Good or great coaches lose, bad coaches who don’t prepare or have their players prepared, get blown out and embarrassed. I don’t trust Vrabel. This team has taken several steps back right now and look completely lost and in disarray. So I disagree at this point. I want an offensive minded HC because the Titans are NOT going all the way with his style of coaching and his stubbornness, sorry.

AAS chose Vrabel over JRob. IMO good choice. I have no prob with AAS saying fire Downing AFTER the season or get another job. Truthfully wouldn’t care if Downing gone tomorrow but we have no one better on board.

AAS chose Vrabel over JRob. IMO good choice. I have no prob with AAS saying fire Downing AFTER the season or get another job. Truthfully wouldn’t care if Downing gone tomorrow but we have no one better on board.
The DC for the opposing team could call a better offensive game for us than downing.

It was a bad GM move to let your one of your top 3 athletes go- particularly one you found in the 2nd round. And then get made to look foolish at that game.

I'm betting if JRob had mentioned to AAS the number was an extra 5 mil/year- she'd have said do it. I think JRob thought he get manage the cap situation he messed up by overpaying injury prone guys who just don't play enough. I also suspect JRob told AAS "Trust me, this will work out......" And then she got embarrassed and took a bigger picture look at the body of his work.

We've got a very expensive new stadium now under contract. AAS can't tolerate losing fan loyalty and sentiment. And we are def going to tumble/tank next year to build up draft capital. It's going to be a tricky situation to navigate fan interest as the team rebuilds under Cowden/Vrabel, knowing that the stadium needs to be sold out.

I agree the game most definitely was the straw that broke the camel's back.
upper bowl fans not impressed with PSL deal.

I think TItans gonna successfully drive away vast majority of upper deck Titan fans. I spoke to 4 today and none have any interest in purchasing new PSL under plan rumored to be implemented

I mean, if Amy is true to her words about why she fired JRob (he had topped out), I would say Vrabel is standing on the same ground. His style of football is good enough to not be a losing team, but it ain't winning any superbowls.
only have to get hot once....

Vrabel is the best based on what? Losing in the AFC championship game? Fisher managed to lose in the Superbowl, so I will still give that to Fisher at this point.
peak fishface MIGHT have been better but body of work Vrable superior... zero chance fishface wins with this team... ZERO

ok... that is like your opinion then...

I disagree about the possibility if only cause I have seen many times the best teams not make it (2000 & 2003 Titans in particular)

ok... that is like your opinion then...

I disagree about the possibility if only cause I have seen many times the best teams not make it (2000 & 2003 Titans in particular)
It took a 2k season from his running back for his style of game to carry us that far. Henry is over the 2k seasons and chances of landing another is slim to none. So for us to produce the offense needed to make a run like that, Vrabel is going to have to do a 180 on his offensive philosophy. Do you believe Vrabel is capable of doing a 180 on anything in his life? He is as stubborn as it gets. He will spend the rest of his coaching career trying to prove his 2 yard a play offense is actually great.

upper bowl fans not impressed with PSL deal.

I think TItans gonna successfully drive away vast majority of upper deck Titan fans. I spoke to 4 today and none have any interest in purchasing new PSL under plan rumored to be implemented

that PS deal is bullshit. I don’t like it. It doesn’t give loyal fans credit for how much they have put into this shit bag team cumulatively. But we can wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up fastest. It’s the way it is.

It took a 2k season from his running back for his style of game to carry us that far. Henry is over the 2k seasons and chances of landing another is slim to none. So for us to produce the offense needed to make a run like that, Vrabel is going to have to do a 180 on his offensive philosophy. Do you believe Vrabel is capable of doing a 180 on anything in his life? He is as stubborn as it gets. He will spend the rest of his coaching career trying to prove his 2 yard a play offense is actually great.
Clearly, you are just angry right now and don’t know what you’re saying. Vrabel is one hell of a linebacker who caught touchdown passes on the offense. He is the epitome of adaptability. He’s the guy who goes for it on fourth and four on our 40 and makes it. He’s also the guy that loses on gambles. He is not predictable. The guy wants to win at his core. You’re mad I get it. But vrable is not the problem. He has nothing to work with right now. Jay Rob sent all of his useful tools to other team. to make up for his ass backwards, love for injured player finds.

I get what you’re saying but you’re mixing up seasons.
In 2019 titans made the AFCCG but Henry had 1500 rushing. In 2020, Henry had 2K but the D was s**t and titans got 1 and doned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back