Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely was. It all starts at the top. The roster has been decimated that past few seasons
So at what point do you hold coaches accountable? Robinson had some bad picks and signings lately for sure, but the atrocities committed by the coaching staff far outweigh that.

So at what point do you hold coaches accountable? Robinson had some bad picks and signings lately for sure, but the atrocities committed by the coaching staff far outweigh that.
I don’t disagree, Downing should be next, but it all starts with the talent on the field and the Titans offense has very little across the board. They did have it last year, and the offense was still putrid, and that’s why it’s also on Downing.

He definitely was. It all starts at the top. The roster has been decimated that past few seasons
BS man. You could literally bring in the best OL from each position from the current year next year and Carter will screw them up so bad Tannehill will be getting hammered all the same.
We could bring in the top 5 DBs next season and they would be running all over the field looking clueless.

It is coaching. We might not have the best players but goddamn coaching is killing us. They are not getting anywhere near the most they can get from their players.

BS man. You could literally bring in the best OL from each position from the current year next year and Carter will screw them up so bad Tannehill will be getting hammered all the same.
We could bring in the top 5 DBs next season and they would be running all over the field looking clueless.

It is coaching. We might not have the best players but ******* coaching is killing us. They are not getting anywhere near the most they can get from their players.
You couldn’t be more wrong. Ton of talent on offense isn’t there?

I think the key statement both have made was referring to players “on the field”.

biggest reason why JRob was first to go over the other 2 is the amount of talent that isn’t on the field. For starters, 1st round OL bust Panda, then secondary issues from 1st round bust Farley.

if those picks were even guys that saw the field, both holes may be better disguised.

this is aside from the 15 million guys that hit IR in record numbers in Nashville.

It starts at the top...JRob is ultimately responsible for the staff and players he has assembled...the staff is next followed by some of the players

You couldn’t be more wrong. Ton of talent on offense isn’t there?
Show me anywhere on this board where I said ton of talent on offense.

what I am saying, over and over, is with the amount of professionals who have come through our franchise over the course of Carter's time here... how many has Carter made into ANYTHING? In fact, I would say they have all regressed under his time. We bring in a big name like Saffold and all of a sudden he is an average lineman. Carter has wasted every single player he has touched. Any coach worth having would have turned out a couple of solid players at this point, even if they were not the best at their positions, they damned sure would be worth having.

I would imagine AAS is not simply content thinking that firing Robinson and hiring a replacement will solve all of the Titans problems. I would not be surprised if at the end of the season, Vrabel receives encouragement from her and others in the front office regarding which individuals on his coaching staff needs to be jettisoned.

Possible the next firing comes tomorrow, Tuesday as well. Amy likes to have Monday to have meetings to shore up decisions with other staff.

Vrabel is not going anywhere. Get used to that. He's a good HC and they don't grow those on trees. He has had his hands tied with lack of talent. You can't make a silk purse out of sow's ear. Our record is better than the team, by far. And that is coaching.

Yes. Downing sucks ballz. He has NEVER done anything anywhere. And he needs to go. But who else does Vrabel have right now. And why would he pull the trigger? We're not built to do anything different. WBI and old man woods are all we have in WR. Chig is promising but Hooper is meh. Until playoffs we don't run RT17 to cool off the safeties/CBs. We're just going to have to wait until the playoffs, maybe have Autry/Simmons/Dupree/Landry? all out there. We can't do ANYTHING with the OL and CB's due JRob's multiple f-ups on those positions.

So let's get behind Vrabel. He's the best coach we've had in Nashville.
I do think Vrabel is a good coach. Downing needs to go, but when Vrabel is given even mediocre amounts of talent we've won.

You are correct, it's an embarrassing level of talent
I still question which of the personnel that we hate most were GM moves, and which were lobbied for by the coaching staff.

I really feel like Swaim was absolutely a coaches guy that they begged to bring back because he "knew the system". My proof of my theory is that the coaching staff have given him more snaps than any other TE this season. I get that he's marginal as an inline TE, but there is absolutely no reason he should ever be getting designed screen plays and slants drawn up for him. They do that because they like him.

And yes, Robinson traded for Daley, but how do we know that wasn't a guy that Vrabel and Carter really liked too and asked for? They have continued to play him and even go so far as to say things like, 'they see more good from him than bad on film' (paraphrasing). Robinson wasn't holding a gun to their head to start him, and I bet if they went and asked for him to bring in other people, he probably would have.

Robinson is to blame for these moves because he obviously had a hand in them, but there are other people involved in the decision making process too.

As a fun aside, look what I found when looking at Daley's draft profile:

Weaknesses
  • Gets caught napping at snap
  • There is some turbulence in his pass sets
  • Allows weight distribution to get uneven
  • Slow to turn feet back on once he sits down
  • Majority of pressures come from ill-advised lunges
  • Below-average recovery at the top of the rush
  • Nightmare performance against Josh Allen and Kentucky
  • Frame gets touched up by long-armed opponents
  • Hand placement messy in run game and lacks conviction in pass punch
  • Overextends in initial steps and can't respond to slants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back