Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some strange strategies from others too. I rarely draft a backup defense, some people on here have 3. And 2 kickers? Crazy man.
I always roll with 1 kicker in standard leagues. But with 24 roster spots, I figure why the hell not? A starting kicker is going to be more valuable than some 3rd/4th string skill position player in most cases. Same goes for defense.

I always roll with 1 kicker in standard leagues. But with 24 roster spots, I figure why the hell not? A starting kicker is going to be more valuable than some 3rd/4th string skill position player in most cases. Same goes for defense.

Defense in this situation could be a very strong or very weak part of a team. Might as well load up

Alright i got kenbrell thompkins and aaron dobsom woohoo

I took thompkins last year, could excel but seemed to get topped out pretty quickly. Dobson started slower but came on stronger.

Not really sure either are worth that much with gronk back. But worth the shot. The team ran thru the run game last year. It was a fun team to watch actually

I went Phil Dawson. Dude's old as hell and probably only has 1, maybe 2 years left. But it's the 24th round and most seem to have him ranked as a top 5 kicker for 2014.

520 OTC

Defense in this situation could be a very strong or very weak part of a team. Might as well load up

My problem is if I have multiple defenses I'll try to guess who to start each week based off who they are playing. I'm wrong about 80% of the time. Best to just have one good defense and let it ride.

My problem is if I have multiple defenses I'll try to guess who to start each week based off who they are playing. I'm wrong about 80% of the time. Best to just have one good defense and let it ride.

I'll most likely ride my patriots defense this year. If I see a bad matchup or an injury happens OR by some magical luck one of my others go on an absolute tear... I might start a different one but I have my reservations on who I want to start first and for most.

My final roster:

QB: R. Wilson, J. Cutler, Z. Mettenberger
RB: CJ Spiller, A. Foster, B. Tate, D. McFadden, B. Pierce, B. Brown, S. Greene, K. Davis
WR: J. Jones, A. Jeffery, M. Evans, B. Cooks, J. Matthews, D. Rogers
TE: J. Cameron, H. Miller, D. Allen
K: P. Dawson, B. Walsh
DEF: 49ers, Ravens

Overall, I love my team. If I could change one thing I wish I would've taken one more solid vet WR. Just because Jones is coming off the injury and there's definitely a chance Jeffery won't live up to last year's production. Behind them I have all kinds of "talent" and "potential" but they haven't proven anything on the field.

My final roster:

QB: R. Wilson, J. Cutler, Z. Mettenberger
RB: CJ Spiller, A. Foster, B. Tate, D. McFadden, B. Pierce, B. Brown, S. Greene, K. Davis
WR: J. Jones, A. Jeffery, M. Evans, B. Cooks, J. Matthews, D. Rogers
TE: J. Cameron, H. Miller, D. Allen
K: P. Dawson, B. Walsh
DEF: 49ers, Ravens

Overall, I love my team. If I could change one thing I wish I would've taken one more solid vet WR. Just because Jones is coming off the injury and there's definitely a chance Jeffery won't live up to last year's production. Behind them I have all kinds of "talent" and "potential" but they haven't proven anything on the field.

Live an die on young talent... Gift and a curse.

Live an die on young talent... Gift and a curse.
Yeah. At the end of the day I think I'll be good at WR. If at least one of those 3 rookies doesn't turn into something special within a season or two then it was just rotten luck. Then there's Rogers who I still think has a shot at being something if he can keep his head on straight. Although the Titan fan in me hopes that doesn't happen.

I think I'm going to be okay but if Jones or Jeffery were to go down then I'm probably in trouble.

Yeah. At the end of the day I think I'll be good at WR. If at least one of those 3 rookies doesn't turn into something special within a season or two then it was just rotten luck. Then there's Rogers who I still think has a shot at being something if he can keep his head on straight. Although the Titan fan in me hopes that doesn't happen.

I think I'm going to be okay but if Jones or Jeffery were to go down then I'm probably in trouble.

My team is very WR centric. 4 of my first 5 picks were WRs. My issue will be trying to survive with my rbs being VERY questionable. My first couple weeks will be interesting considering who I will actually be starting at RB. Ball is about the only lock (hopefully) and the rest are... Well a lot of maybes.

Maybe mccluster finds a weekly role in our offense that pans out fantasy wise, maybe lynch goes down with an injury and Micheal becomes the guy... Maybe I have to rely on old ass Thomas for low end rb2 points... At this point... Idk. I need one of them to make a splash early so I can figure out who to ride

My team is very WR centric. 4 of my first 5 picks were WRs. My issue will be trying to survive with my rbs being VERY questionable.
Mine started out that way. My top two picks were WR. But then by the time it got back to me in the 3rd round it was already starting to be slim pickings for RB1. So I felt I needed to go ahead and grab a couple RBs while I still could. I waited too long on RB in one of my leagues last year and it haunted me all season long.

My first couple weeks will be interesting considering who I will actually be starting at RB. Ball is about the only lock (hopefully) and the rest are... Well a lot of maybes.
Maybe mccluster finds a weekly role in our offense that pans out fantasy wise, maybe lynch goes down with an injury and Micheal becomes the guy... Maybe I have to rely on old ass Thomas for low end rb2 points... At this point... Idk. I need one of them to make a splash early so I can figure out who to ride
I have a feeling McCluster will end up being your guy.

I went Phil Dawson. Dude's old as hell and probably only has 1, maybe 2 years left. But it's the 24th round and most seem to have him ranked as a top 5 kicker for 2014.

520 OTC

I almost picked him, but chose Shayne Graham (who was overlooked by many) instead since he has more time on the clock. And he now plays for an explosive offense. He's a safe bet for 3 PATs and 1-2 FGs a game, on average.

Also... I'm surprised you took Blair Walsh so early since he will be kicking outdoors (and in very cold weather for half the season) for the next two years.

Nah, I loved that era of wrestling. I grew up during that time.

And I had the NWO pic in my phone and then thought of the play on my name. So sorta both but I don't watch wrestling anymore.
Same here. In the 80's and into the mid/late 90's I was huge into it. I got to watching a bunch of old vids on youtube a few weeks ago. Good times. But I've tried to get back into it a few times over the years and it's just..... stupid. Plus I have no idea who 90% of the guys are anymore.

Also... I'm surprised you took Blair Walsh so early since he will be kicking outdoors (and in very cold weather for half the season) for the next two years.
D'oh. I honestly didn't even realize that. I actually took him exclusively because of A) his age, and B), I thought he was kicking indoors.

LOL, oh well. At least I have Dawson for now.

Yea I would much prefer Dawson over Walsh this year.
Yeah I was probably going to start him most weeks this year anyway just because he's the more valuable kicker right now. I'm not too worried about Walsh though. Sometimes those guys get used to kicking in those conditions and its not a huge deal. Crosby tends to be pretty solid up in GB. And yahoo still has Walsh ranked as the #9 kicker this year and a few of the guys have him as high as #6. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back