Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since I'm the one who will handle the PayPal payments (if we go the money league route), be sure to send the money as a gift. Otherwise $25 will be more like ~$23.50 and the winnings will have to be less.

Ensconatus, you may wanna hold off even longer (not too much) on the draft... until we get this all sorted out.

The biggest problem is that we have 77 days left to have this league ready to go in time for the season opener. If each pick has an 8-12 hour window, then we are probably going to average 2 picks a day (there will be plenty of slackers).

At 24 rounds and 12 picks per round that's 288 total picks. At 2 picks a day we'd require 144 days to complete the draft. We probably need a better system.

This may fall through if we don't figure it out soon.

Honestly, the best idea IMO would be to pick one date and time this summer to draft regularly on Yahoo and transfer the picks we make to FleaFlicker... that way the draft is out of the way within 3 hours, and all that's left to do is transfer the players over (which might suck for you).

Would it really be that difficult to find a day we can all manage to find some time? I am good with anything after 4-5 EST and all day on weekends.

We have all the time in the world to organize a live draft...

Tuesdays and Thursdays are bad for me. And I usually like to go out weekend nights.

Night time on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays would probably be the best for me.

Reason I suggested that we draft on Yahoo is that I figure it will be much easier for us all to do it. Not familiar with the other one at all.

Not against doing one on FleaFlicker, but I would need to do some mock drafts. Do they have them?

The only reason I pushed it back so little was to see how easy we could get it done. Crunch time tends to make people move. I've tried the wait and see game with these folks and let's be honest some of them have been hit and miss on days.

Also, no one during the money sign up said anything negative about getting the money in by Saturday, would it actually have happened is another story.

Live draft vs slow draft concern is valid but even with a live draft I think it's pulling from the idea that you get to be more strategic with each pick. Moves away from the normal bs of "I got booted from the server" and "kicked out the room". Or the all time fave - my wifi went down. I'm drafting from McDonald's lookin ass.

One SMALL issue for someone like that and you're gonna have sour ass people. And who the hell wants to be rushed on a dynasty draft?? You're keeping core players for the life of your team sometimes.

People do these slow drafts all the time, 2 picks a day might be a slow day. I'm going to say the average pick will last 4-5 hours depending on the time of day. With constant updates and bumping of the thread people should get the idea that we need to be moving along. Slackers end up on auto pick.

If were gonna live draft, I'd suggest upping the normal time limit for picks. My initial vote is no, but if that's what everyone wants, it'll be easier to do it sooner rather than later because people will forget or lose interest the longer we wait.

In this age, it's just amazing to me that people can't check an email regularly. You can set up email on every smart phone and get notifications in the instant. But different folks different strokes.

Vote your hearts out tho. I'm good any day from 5-6 PM my time. My buddy isn't off or home before 6:30 my time unless it's on Sunday. So that'll be a challenge because that's 8:30/9 y'all's time.

It would almost HAVE to be Sunday with his sched

I'm really not going to pitch a fit at all, good points can be made for both. HOWEVER, it would be nice to have more than three people really discussing it. We should just kick this shit off now.

Ensco, the thing I have learned about this forum after running a few of the mock drafts, is that you are basically going to have to push people along. It sucks, but for some odd reason you can never get everyone to answer.

Ensco, the thing I have learned about this forum after running a few of the mock drafts, is that you are basically going to have to push people along. It sucks, but for some odd reason you can never get everyone to answer.

That's the whole gist of it anyways. And I'm okay with that. I've gladly tried to do that this entire time. But the constant change has hardly helped. I'm not against anything really just all the damn minor changes/ideas from 3 members makes for a long startup.

I'm for whatever gets everyone on the same page as well as what makes it easiest for everyone. Y'all wanna scramble more ideas together and make a tasty omelette, that's fine by me as long as it works.

We can move forward with the slow draft, but we need the money in first (which would be a miracle).

This just isn't looking promising unless you're receiving emails from others.

We can move forward with the slow draft, but we need the money in first (which would be a miracle).

This just isn't looking promising unless you're receiving emails from others.

ATM, let's just move forward without changing anything.

Those that have agreed to money, can y'all make the deadline of Saturday night?? If we need to push back the draft another few days, that's fine too but we need to just move it along ASAP. I'm still waiting on the two replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back