Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out on this as well. I'm already committed in 3 leagues. 4 just takes all the fun out of it, eliminates my ability to pay enough attention to the opponents.

Gridiron made the cut. I flipped a coin.

Moving on. IDP, unless there is a surge of votes for it we are going forward WITHOUT it. We will do team defense instead. Means defense could make or break a team.

Roster spots & starting numbers -

1 qb
2 rb
3 wr
1 Te
1 flex - (rb/wr/te)
1 defense

Basic setup. Extra wr, deep draft.

I'm thinking the roster needs to start at 20? 30? We can add a single roster spot each year. We need to have it big enough to hold on to prospects but not too large so Roster decisions are still important.

I'd like input in roster size.

Also, I think it might be easier if we do a slow draft and then input the rosters into yahoo or whatever site we plan on using. I've found more manageable sites for dynasty but most the member here are in other yahoo leagues and don't want to use multiples. My preference is FleaFlicker.com, by far the easiest set up plus slow draft options pre set. I'd like everyone to at the very least be open to looking at the site. We can always use their site for drafting if nothing else.

Slow draft with 8-12 hour pick windows. By all means I hope it would be a tad bit faster but I understand the complexity of people with lives, professions and so forth.

If there isn't a huge issue with a small buy in... Let's say $20-25... Winner takes the pot, second place gets their buy in back. Simple, rewarding. $275 for the winner sounds pretty decent to me. We can set up that situation via pay pal like the money league last year. Money up front.

Any major issues or input needs to be brought up and taken care of quickly.

Last year, we had a large roster size, and to be honest, it fucking sucks.

Lets everybody hoard and completely eliminates the waiver wire. Smaller the roster size the better. I forgot what size we used last year.

Last year, we had a large roster size, and to be honest, it ****ing sucks.

Lets everybody hoard and completely eliminates the waiver wire. Smaller the roster size the better. I forgot what size we used last year.

I agree, the roster getting too big would make it less fun. 20 roster spots would give you plenty of backups but we could make it a little larger for some "prospects." Also could add in a couple of IR spots so we don't feel like we have to dump good players who get hurt for the season.

And I'm fine with the cash buy-in. Thanks for letting me join.

Last year, we had a large roster size, and to be honest, it ****ing sucks.

The only difference here is the idea that you might need to hoard a bit. Grabbing Johnny unknown and stashing him Til he becomes a starter is part of the point of a dynasty.

Obviously is you're only starting 9, you need at least a few spots for people that can still play that year for bye weeks plus at least a handful of "prospects." I'm thinking 5-7 of those types? Honesty I'm
Not sure what the basic package of a 9 starting roster normally is. 15 or 16?

And of course IR spots help too.

One other thing to keep in mind is that while you're able to keep majority from each year, that minimizes your rookie/free agent draft the following year.

We might be best to control the population by allowing the drop/draft feature to be based on how many spots you have open.

Let's say we start with 20. You keep 16, your next years roster is 21, you are allotted 5 picks in the rookie/FA draft pool.

That can be a big enough swing for a team that is really bad to gain some substantial talent. So basically everyone gets at least 1 pick each year and subsequent picks via who they let go. This is negotiable and we need others input.

Are we going to allow pick trading after year one? I've never been a big trader (maybe one or two a season) but I know the question will come up.

The only difference here is the idea that you might need to hoard a bit. Grabbing Johnny unknown and stashing him Til he becomes a starter is part of the point of a dynasty.

Obviously is you're only starting 9, you need at least a few spots for people that can still play that year for bye weeks plus at least a handful of "prospects." I'm thinking 5-7 of those types? Honesty I'm
Not sure what the basic package of a 9 starting roster normally is. 15 or 16?

And of course IR spots help too.

One other thing to keep in mind is that while you're able to keep majority from each year, that minimizes your rookie/free agent draft the following year.

We might be best to control the population by allowing the drop/draft feature to be based on how many spots you have open.

Let's say we start with 20. You keep 16, your next years roster is 21, you are allotted 5 picks in the rookie/FA draft pool.

That can be a big enough swing for a team that is really bad to gain some substantial talent. So basically everyone gets at least 1 pick each year and subsequent picks via who they let go. This is negotiable and we need others input.

I've never done a dynasty, and what you say makes sense. I'll take your word for it though.

I've never done a dynasty, and what you say makes sense. I'll take your word for it though.

Well there are multiple ways to do it. If you have any ideas that you think will work, feel free to come forward with them. I wouldn't mind forcing the draft be based on free agent moves. I don't want to get into contract crap, that's too involved even for me.

If we last 5 years.. And start at 20, we could get to thirty roster spots by year 5. 2 draft picks per year plus FA picks. (Yes this is long term. I'm not leaving this forum for a long time, I hope the people that are signed up understand this is a long term investment.)

I think it's a solid draft format, but depends on what every one else wants to do. Like I said, it's completely up to how we want to approach it.

This. Never done one so I am down with anything. I have done keeper leagues but never dynasty

Basically imagine a keeper league with the idea that you can keep every player your initially drafted. Give 1-2 draft picks per year for rookies... And allow for draft picks to fill drop before the season... You can find gems, hold on to them, or drop and grab the next best thing in FA.

It doesn't really require a lot of college football watching. Maybe some Espn or twitter news based on trades of players and news. As well as just taking chances on players that seem to fit with a teams style. Get them low, sell them high. Build a strong team. Keep said strong Team as long as possible.

Sometimes you have to take into account how long a player has left in the league compared to their talent level. Peyton manning? Might be the best QB next season. But does he retire? Do you over draft him? Do you go strictly long term or do you go all high end top talents that might be gone in two years?

When will we do the draft? If it's an 8-12 hour window per pick (and there's A LOT of picks), we should probably start soon.

When will we do the draft? If it's an 8-12 hour window per pick (and there's A LOT of picks), we should probably start soon.

Exactly. But people have been pretty light in showing up to the thread. Imma send out a message to everyone. Let's get everything decided this week and start by next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back