Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets do some self critiquing on our drafts. Who reached for who? Who landed the steal of the draft?

I feel I took defense too soon, but I wanted to round out my team with a top defense I can rely on.

I also feel that Rueben Randle at the end of the 12th round has huge upside for me, might have to consider him for my starting lineup.
My biggest regret is probably taking Wilson 1-2 rounds too soon. I misjudged the run on QBs and was sure I needed to take him there or miss out on the big name young guys entirely. The way it worked out, I could've taken another skill position playmaker and still ended up with Wilson/Griff/Kaep the next go-around.

I think my steal so far was Jordan Matthews at the very end of the 9th round. Pass-happy, Chip Kelly offense. QB who seems to be the real deal. And in all honesty, I think he has the potential to be the top target. If not this year, then perhaps in the coming years. Hopefully he picks up the offense and makes the adjustment quickly.

I hedged my bet with the rookie WRs. I had hopes to get 2 of my top 3 targets (Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, and Jordan Matthews). Ended up getting all 3. If at least one of them doesn't turn out to be a legit stud then it was just awful luck.

My biggest regret is probably taking Wilson 1-2 rounds too soon. I misjudged the run on QBs and was sure I needed to take him there or miss out on the big name young guys entirely. The way it worked out, I could've taken another skill position playmaker and still ended up with Wilson/Griff/Kaep the next go-around.

I think my steal so far was Jordan Matthews at the very end of the 9th round. Pass-happy, Chip Kelly offense. QB who seems to be the real deal. And in all honesty, I think he has the potential to be the top target. If not this year, then perhaps in the coming years. Hopefully he picks up the offense and makes the adjustment quickly.

I hedged my bet with the rookie WRs. I had hopes to get 2 of my top 3 targets (Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, and Jordan Matthews). Ended up getting all 3. If at least one of them doesn't turn out to be a legit stud then it was just awful luck.

The issue I saw with going with too many rookie WRs is the fact that most don't make a big enough impact in year one and sometimes (most the time) it doesn't happen til year 3

My team is very forward thinking. I reached on the Christine Micheal pick with hopes that he's the lead dog in that run first offense very soon. My WRs are pretty at the top but I spent 4 of my first 5 on them. RB is much more roulette style. Banking on a gem here and there.

Alls I know... Is I stole a lot of folks picks.
I'm playing a dangerous game at the RB position as well. I have Spiller and Foster, who I'm hoping will at least get me through this season. But after that I have Ben Tate, Bernard Pierce, and Knile Davis. I have very little faith in any of those 3. If Spiller and Foster fizzle out sooner rather than later, I'm probably in trouble.

The issue I saw with going with too many rookie WRs is the fact that most don't make a big enough impact in year one and sometimes (most the time) it doesn't happen til year 3
Yeah I definitely had that thought in the back of mind. But looking at the board during those rounds, I just liked their potential over some of the more immediate/short-term value players available. Evans has that size to be dominant. He was a future potential pick. While I think Cooks and Matthews are in EXCELLENT situations to make an immediate impact. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. But I'll be surprised if at least one of them doesn't have a nice season.

My team is very forward thinking. I reached on the Christine Micheal pick with hopes that he's the lead dog in that run first offense very soon. My WRs are pretty at the top but I spent 4 of my first 5 on them. RB is much more roulette style. Banking on a gem here and there.

Alls I know... Is I stole a lot of folks picks.

Yes you did. At least twice you took the person I already had queued up to take. And twice more you took the person I was debating on when I decided on someone else.

And I just never have much trust in building a team around rookies. Too small a percentage of them turn out to be as good as everyone thought when they were drafted. And most don't make big impacts for at least a couple of years. I'd rather have a team of young players that have already shown me something with a few veterans for depth. Then I take longshots later and hope they pan out.

Yeah I definitely had that thought in the back of mind. But looking at the board during those rounds, I just liked their potential over some of the more immediate/short-term value players available. Evans has that size to be dominant. He was a future potential pick. While I think Cooks and Matthews are in EXCELLENT situations to make an immediate impact. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. But I'll be surprised if at least one of them doesn't have a nice season.

And though I just said I don't like taking rookies I actually really like all 3 of those young receivers. But they probably won't help much this year (outside of maybe Evans) but you should be set in the future.

I'm playing a dangerous game at the RB position as well. I have Spiller and Foster, who I'm hoping will at least get me through this season. But after that I have Ben Tate, Bernard Pierce, and Knile Davis. I have very little faith in any of those 3. If Spiller and Foster fizzle out sooner rather than later, I'm probably in trouble.

This is why my middle rounds were basically all RBs. Situation, talent, spot and swing guys that might pan out. Gotta have as many chances as possible when you play that game.

So idk why this keeps happening, but I am about to be out for a while... right when I am only one pick from being OTC.

I'll check my phone time to time to see if RTF has made his pick.

No need to PM me actually... The emails are enough. I get those updates on my phone.

As long as RTF doesn't steal one of my guys, I will know who I want. Just might have to wait a bit until I can make the picks.

So idk why this keeps happening, but I am about to be out for a while... right when I am only one pick from being OTC.

I'll check my phone time to time to see if RTF has made his pick.

No need to PM me actually... The emails are enough. I get those updates on my phone.

As long as RTF doesn't steal one of my guys, I will know who I want. Just might have to wait a bit until I can make the picks.
Pm me your guys

For real its like pick pick wait 3 days lol
Ok real critique on my team...

Ya i nailed it lol

Jcb actin like i got a team full.of 33 year olds but they seem moderately young oldest guys are welker and rodgers and v jackson. My I'm glad i got young rb's in martin and stacy and if aaron dobson comes around i won't need welker in a year or two. Got a stud tight end jimmy graham.
If robert woods and or marlon brown or kenny britt do good I'm lookin great

TBH I'm kinda regretting my Knile Davis pick at the beginning of this round. I was totally set on another guy then when the pick got to me I started second-guessing myself and changed my mind and went Davis. Now I'm pretty sure the guy I was originally set on isn't going to be there when it gets back around to me.

My honest opinion of my roster is that i am somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I can beat anybody with Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson but i can also lose to anybody pretty easily.

A top 5 QB and Top 2 WR will not hurt my cause. Both running backs are clear starters with homerun speed and my backup Running backs are there for bye week matchups with MJD bing my primary fill in he is good for 50 yards and some goal line work on that team.

WR outside of CJ they are okay. I like Andre Johnson and Steve Smith because I dont need them to be great just decent and I should be in most games. Kenny Stills was my biggest reach but I like having one of my QB's top 3 targets on my team for those bye weeks.
TE Jordan Reed will be a star in this league so hopefully he plays like it

Kicker and Defense who knows hopefully they dont cost me points

Biggest steal could be Josh Gordon If he doesnt recieve a full year even if he does he is still a top 5 WR next year.

Biggest steal could be Josh Gordon If he doesnt recieve a full year even if he does he is still a top 5 WR next year.
Gordon could end up being the steal of the entire draft. And I think you grabbed him at just the right time. Round 10+ I think all 11 other teams start looking his way.

Gordon could end up being the steal of the entire draft. And I think you grabbed him at just the right time. Round 10+ I think all 11 other teams start looking his way.

I didnt think he would last much longer too many smart football minds in this draft kind of Makes me look around for the idiot and since I don't see one you know how the saying goes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back