Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said surgery would be season ending
*potentially
Reports since have all said 8 weeks

There are 10 weeks left in the regular season and we will absolutely still make the playoffs. Maybe a fresh Henry for the playoffs is what we needed to get that :trophy:

I was excited about a bye and home playoff games. That is likely not happening now.

Well this is definitely the worst possible news for us as Titan fans. Now Tannehill is going to have to show us he can be the man as well as our receiving core. Regardless here’s to hoping the King has a speedy recovery

Henry had 219/230 RB carries for the Titans on the season.

Vrabel's management of Henry's workload should be a topic at the press conference today.

Henry had 219/230 RB carries for the Titans on the season.

Vrabel's management of Henry's workload should be a topic at the press conference today.

Why? If you have a Ferrari you drive it. It’s Henry job. The guy is a freak and knows his body. You run him.

My thought is you try the running game for 2 weeks. The Rams aren't a fair test. but two weeks is enough to know if we need a rental. Then make a move or stick it out.

But when you lose the MVP, you lose an MVP. There is no way to replace a guy who sucks in the defense like that. We will suffer. Tannehill has never proven he can answer the bell on his own accordion, but he might be able to keep us afloat in such a weak division.

My thought is you try the running game for 2 weeks. The Rams aren't a fair test. but two weeks is enough to know if we need a rental. Then make a move or stick it out.

But when you lose the MVP, you lose an MVP. There is no way to replace a guy who sucks in the defense like that. We will suffer. Tannehill has never proven he can answer the bell on his own accordion, but he might be able to keep us afloat in such a weak division.

Trade deadline is tomorrow.

Why? If you have a Ferrari you drive it. It’s Henry job. The guy is a freak and knows his body. You run him.

And if you put too many miles on your Ferrari it will break down. Henry was on pace to smash the attempts record for a season. I avoided drafting Henry in fantasy because I knew it was only a matter of time based on how heavy his work load has been the last few seasons. Titans should have brought in someone to share some of the first half load.

He absolutely has proven he can answer the bell…. Like.. YESTERDAY?

You guys and your Tannehill hate. He has been a top 10 at worst QB since becoming the Titans starter. Just because he doesn’t put up Brady or Mahomes numbers doesn’t mean he has been very good. He has been.

And he was run into the ground, and likely the Titans chances of making a superbowl/deep playoff run went with it.

The Chiefs game was a great example, up 24 in the Fourth and Vrabel/Downing were still feeding carries to Henry. That's where McNichols should come in with the game in hand. Even yesterday with Henry clearly hobbled and mostly ineffective, McNichols should have been taking some of the carries.

219 carries in 8 weeks so far, after nearly 400 carries last year. In my opinion, it wasn't if Henry would suffer a serious injury, it was when. Sorry, but load management should be brought up with Vrabel today at the conference.

If we are okay with alleged serial sexual predators with a history of knee injuries, we could have Derrius Guice in 6 weeks.

And he was run into the ground, and likely the Titans chances of making a superbowl/deep playoff run went with it.

The Chiefs game was a great example, up 24 in the Fourth and Vrabel/Downing were still feeding carries to Henry. That's where McNichols should come in with the game in hand. Even yesterday with Henry clearly hobbled and mostly ineffective, McNichols should have been taking some of the carries.

219 carries in 8 weeks so far, after nearly 400 carries last year. In my opinion, it wasn't if Henry would suffer a serious injury, it was when. Sorry, but load management should be brought up with Vrabel today at the conference.

Yea.. probably true. I’m not giving up on the Season yet. Absolutely true about the Chiefs game.

But it’s the Titan way. Great running back translates to Hey let’s just run them into a stacked box over and over again!

We will still win the AFC South as we have a comfortable lead over the Texans, Colts and Jags. But going playoffs won't be good. History has proven Tammy can't take over when we're there.

The only game that I really thought Henry should have been out of the game was the end of the Chiefs game.

He didn't get a ton of carries in the Cards game, plus it was the first game without a pre-season, and every other game was a fight to the end.

With that said, I would prefer if we gave 5 or so carries per game to other backs.

With that said, we don't know that this is a usage injury. Jones fracture is a usage injury, but 5th metatarsal isn't necessarily usage. He could have just stepped funny or got pulled the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back