Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case this is a hairline type fracture. Everything I have seen its 8-10 week recovery with surgery. That puts him able to come back around week 17 or 18. With the extra game this year he may get in a game before the playoffs. That would be very important so he can get a few touches before we start the playoffs.

We need to win 4 maybe 5 games from here on out to guarantee a playoff spot. We still have two left against the Texans and 1 against the Jags. All winnable without Henry. Plus throw in the dolphins so there 4 very winnable game right there. I think we can pull 2 more wins against the Saints, Rams, Pat's, 49ers, and Steelers without Henry. If we had Henry I would think it was a likely for us to go 8-1 or 7-2 from here on out. Still very likely we win 5 games of these 9 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only game that I really thought Henry should have been out of the game was the end of the Chiefs game.

He didn't get a ton of carries in the Cards game, plus it was the first game without a pre-season, and every other game was a fight to the end.

With that said, I would prefer if we gave 5 or so carries per game to other backs.

With that said, we don't know that this is a usage injury. Jones fracture is a usage injury, but 5th metatarsal isn't necessarily usage. He could have just stepped funny or got pulled the wrong way.

The more opportunities you have, the more opportunities there are for injury, regardless if it's a freak injury or workload related. Many of us said before the season that we needed to adjust our offense a bit and DH needed to have a lighter load with the added 17th game. Well now we're forced to change our offense half way into the season and we have no DH for the rest of the regular season.

Hopefully with the easy 2nd half schedule, we can secure a 1st round bye. A healthy and fresh DH could be really bad for opposing teams.

Henry has the heart of a lion- if he can come back and help the team, he will. If not, they had better discover some added chemistry in the passing game, as well as bolstering the run game.

All true. But the question now is whether he can make these throws without the luxury of the defense keying in on Henry. Time will tell

I don’t know the answer to that. No one does. How will he do with 5 WR sets? Against 3 man fronts? Stacked boxes is a double edged sword. When Henry doesn’t run they rush. Now they drop more into coverage and THill has more time to throw? I don’t know. We haven’t seen it. But we are about to

Best case this is a hairline type fracture. Everything I have seen its 8-10 week recovery with surgery. That puts him able to come back around week 17 or 18. With the extra game this year he may get in a game before the playoffs. That would be very important so he can get a few touches before we start the playoffs. We just need to win 4 maybe 5 games from here on out to guarantee a playoff spot. We still have two left against the Jags and Texans, both winnable without Henry.

We have 3. 1 Jags and 2 Texans. We can also beat the Patriots, Saints and Steelers and 49ers. these teams can all be beat without Henry.

Rams are a problem.

Pre-Game Thread - Game 8: Titans @ Colts

Some pretty interesting opinions in this thread regarding Henry's workload. Wonder if anyone is rethinking that opinion now. I guess getting DH that record was more important....

After he hit 2K yds. last year, I never thought him breaking the record this year was worth the wear and tear. Like it or not, Henry is a volume runner. He amassed so many yards because of usage, not efficiency. I ain't mad at that because he had proven to be the most powerful weapon in the league on offense, for what he meant to the passing game and late game plans. But, if he even approached that record this year, it was gonna be the result of a boatload of carries, which would be terrible mismanagement. He was going to wear down eventually, and the way the year was going, it seemed he needed 25+ carries/gm to get decent yardage. That was way too much of a workload in a 17 gm season if the expectation was he would be available for the playoffs. Though I am heartbroken and worried about the team going forward, I can't say I am surprised that he got hurt. It was bound to happen.

Now we can see how good a coaching staff Vrabel and co. really are. Now there needs to be real pro game planning, how to use the weapons available with most success and efficiency. Pounding a generational RB into stacked boxes hoping he breaks a 75 yd TD that deflates the opponent is not an option, like for the rest of the league. Now they need real game planning on both O and D. The Titans will need to be able to win a game if they can only score 21 pts, like the rest of the league. We'll see real quick if they can.

Man, what brutal news. It was obvious he wasn't right yesterday. One play towards the end he went left tackle and would normally stiff arm the DB into oblivion but you could see he couldn't weight bear properly so couldn't turn the corner.

Jones fracture typically has a 8-12 week recovery with or without surgery. That's a recovery to normality. Getting back to running 21.8mph on it at 247 lbs might take longer.. what a nightmare.

Also, now seems like the opportune time to improve the WR/TE corps since we clearly will need to throw the ball more and AJ and Julio have had injury issues throughout the season. John Brown should be at the very top of that list. I also like Trey Burton at TE, good blocker and has shown to be a weapon in the passing game in the past, but seeing that we are 3 deep at TE already, I don't see us carrying a 4th TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interceptions are all bad. But they happened. Brandy threw a pick 6 with the game on the line.

God awful would be what Wentz did.

The truth whether you want to accept it or not is Tannehill made the throws needed to win the game yesterday.
I would argue Wentz made the throws to lose the game. In the 4th quarter and overtime Tannehill had opportunities to get the go ahead score and did not capitalize once. Even taking over at the thirty, we had to make an almost 50 yard field goal.

I'm not saying Tannehill is bad by league wide standards. He's just run of the mill.

The reality I think some Titans fans don't want to accept is that Derrick Henry affects the game, even when he's bottled up all game. Zero part of me believes Tannehill can beat good teams in a one dimensional passing offense. That isn't a giant slight in him because there aren't that many QBs like that. But the "Tannehill is a top 5-10 QB" crowd is going to be disappointed. Jmo

J-Rob needs to make a trade. Trey Sermon maybe available Marlon Mack is . I would love to get james robinson from the jags. But I would call the browns and try and make a deal with them. They have several backs
Agreed, Mack could be good but would Colts trade with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back