Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go 8-7, then they only played 15 games. Like the rest of your post, it doesn’t add up.
I feel he picked strange “cursed” teams too.
Cleveland? Ok
Atlanta? Maybe, but certainly seems less so than Detroit, Minnesota, or probably buffalo.

I guess it’s subjective.

Edit: and I guess “limped in” at 8-7(!?) looks even stranger when “8-7” limped in as #1 seed beating the lower seeds enroute to that position.

Is mcmath doing nothing a product of the offense or is it just mcmath?
Probably a bit of both. Most of our WRs would look a lot better in a better offense...but most of them probably wouldn't make a game day roster elsewhere either.

NWI is a good example... He shows flashes of being a pretty decent WR. I think he could be more in a good offense... But also wouldnt be surprised if he couldn't make a roster elsewhere.

One thing is absolute , this off-season is going to be very interesting.
I hope good interesting too. I don’t think we necessarily need to “blow it up” like some posters are suggesting. A few key adjustments could dramatically improve the team. I don’t see Willis starting next year either. Tannehill may get a re-do that reduces his cap number (or he becomes a Colt) or we get a bridge guy like a Dalton or Bridgewater for another year. But, as you say, interesting to be sure.

Commented before I saw your post, but those three for sure. They may try to restructure some guys who are overpaid as well.
Free-Haircuts-Sign.jpg

I hope good interesting too. I don’t think we necessarily need to “blow it up” like some posters are suggesting. A few key adjustments could dramatically improve the team. I don’t see Willis starting next year either. Tannehill may get a re-do that reduces his cap number (or he becomes a Colt) or we get a bridge guy like a Dalton or Bridgewater for another year. But, as you say, interesting to be sure.
Agreed. Cutting Tanne Post June, then letting Lewan and Woods walk saves what? Like $50M in cap space? I could see them redoing Tanne for like a 2 year deal with a much lower cap hit like you mentioned.

By cutting Lewan, Woods, Cunningham and a couple of other non-contributors. Would take much to create $50 mil in cap space. The 3 I mentioned free up $43 mil.

Agree those 3 should be cut to save money. So thats a whopping 43 mil? How much would we be at if we added Bud Dupree? And what about Farley? Does it hurt us to cut him or help financially

Here’s how I would fix things now.
  1. Bench Swaim. Kevin Rader has been a better blocking TE anyway and was excellent as a fill in for Tory Carter at FB which is probably why they cut Carter. Putting Swaim in telegraphs the run anyway so we might as well line up Radunz as an extra blocker on designed power runs.
  2. Replace Daley with Clark. If Clark stumbles, try Radunz or sign Daryl Williams, but Clark has far better career blocking grades than Daley. Enough is enough.
  3. Replace Brewer with Radunz. If Radunz stumbles, try Roos or sign Ereck Flowers, but Radunz is a much larger body to protect the inside. Brewer has been getting blown up regularly.
  4. Line up Chig in the slot. They’ve already started this, lining Chig up as the slot receiver numerous times last week. Stick with it and increase his snaps.
  5. Hooper is TE1. He should be in the game 70% of offensive snaps.
  6. Start Monty Rice over Dylan Cole. With Long an impending FA and Cunningham likely gone, Rice needs to be getting reps. Cole has been a liability at times and Rice has played well.
  7. Move Hooker into the slot full time and keep Adams back with Byard. Adams is the #6 safety in the league per PFF and has been much better in coverage than Hooker.
  8. Bring Ross Cockrell in as CB help. This group is decimated right now and Cockrell is likely the best player out there that could come in and spot start.
  9. Start Terrence Mitchell (or Cockrell) over McCreary. The kid needs more time to develop and Mitchell was playing better of late.
  10. Bring Jemarco Jones and Kyle Philips back from IR as soon as possible.

Here’s how I would fix things now.
  1. Bench Swaim. Kevin Rader has been a better blocking TE anyway and was excellent as a fill in for Tory Carter at FB which is probably why they cut Carter. Putting Swaim in telegraphs the run anyway so we might as well line up Radunz as an extra blocker on designed power runs.
  2. Replace Daley with Clark. If Clark stumbles, try Radunz or sign Daryl Williams, but Clark has far better career blocking grades than Daley. Enough is enough.
  3. Replace Brewer with Radunz. If Radunz stumbles, try Roos or sign Ereck Flowers, but Radunz is a much larger body to protect the inside. Brewer has been getting blown up regularly.
  4. Line up Chig in the slot. They’ve already started this, lining Chig up as the slot receiver numerous times last week. Stick with it and increase his snaps.
  5. Hooper is TE1. He should be in the game 70% of offensive snaps.
  6. Start Monty Rice over Dylan Cole. With Long an impending FA and Cunningham likely gone, Rice needs to be getting reps. Cole has been a liability at times and Rice has played well.
  7. Move Hooker into the slot full time and keep Adams back with Byard. Adams is the #6 safety in the league per PFF and has been much better in coverage than Hooker.
  8. Bring Ross Cockrell in as CB help. This group is decimated right now and Cockrell is likely the best player out there that could come in and spot start.
  9. Start Terrence Mitchell (or Cockrell) over McCreary. The kid needs more time to develop and Mitchell was playing better of late.
  10. Bring Jemarco Jones and Kyle Philips back from IR as soon as possible.
I was about to ask WTF Jemarco Jones is.

The thing is a complete blow up won't set us back that much...we'd still probably win the division and be one and done anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back