Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start Willis now when Burks is back. Give him the rest of the season. Cut lewan, woods, tannehill, and Dupree. Draft and sign offensive line help. Add another WR to the group(NWI, Burks, Phillips, mcmath) mid round pick. Sign a vet corner to help Fulton and molden, and McCreary. Re-sign Simmons and get Autry and Landry back.
Everything but start Willis now.

Start Willis now when Burks is back. Give him the rest of the season. Cut lewan, woods, tannehill, and Dupree. Draft and sign offensive line help. Add another WR to the group(NWI, Burks, Phillips, mcmath) mid round pick. Sign a vet corner to help Fulton and molden, and McCreary. Re-sign Simmons and get Autry and Landry back.

Add Cunninghman to the list of cuts as well.

I’m sure he’s a goner in the off-season. Three players I am pretty sure get cut lose are Lewan, Woods, and Cunningham. Those three recapture $43 mil in cap space.
If the GM has the say then yes, but I feel its going to be hard to pry the former Texans from Vrabes grasp lolz.

After eating that crap sandwich yesterday, I kind of wish they would continue on this path. Even if they right the ship they are going to get hosed in the playoffs.

Better for Vrabel and Adams-Strunk to see this thing with all of its warts. That way Vrabel can gain some humility and stop defending Downing's lack of play calling ability. I mean this is not new information- Downing had the same effect on the Raiders.

I was watching at home and it was miserable. Can't imagine what it felt like at the game. I know I was hollering "Boo!!" in my own living room.

Willis is not an NFL starting QB. Inaccurate, can’t read a defense and doesn’t seem to have a very good mindset. Not what you want in a QB, not even a rookie.

For all we know, Vrabel's assessment of Willis contributed to Robinson's firing. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Willis will ever be a competent NFL QB. Still worth playing him to find out for sure, but I would not get my hopes up.

Willis is not an NFL starting QB. Inaccurate, can’t read a defense and doesn’t seem to have a very good mindset. Not what you want in a QB, not even a rookie.
While I would love to see this kid workout, I’m not seeing anything thus far that tells me that he can be an actual franchise QB.

He has a LOT of development to go before he even becomes anything more than a spot back up. Throwing him into fire now isn’t going to do him any favors if you ask me. I’ve seen enough this year to know that throwing him into mix isn’t accomplishing anything.

I know some of you guys are ready to just throw in the towel and tank the rest of the season, but I don’t agree with that train of thought.

We are 7-6 and we should still win the division, unless we go into tank mode. Granted, we probably will be one and done in the playoffs.

BUT, there is no reason that we shouldn’t at least try to get things back on track. Who knows, last year Vrabel was able to win a lot of games with the same injury problem we are having this year. If we can actually get healthy and perhaps catch a little lightning in the bottle we could get hot.

Again, it’s highly unlikely that we go very far once we get in the playoffs, but I’ve never been a quitter and wouldn’t like the cultural message it would send if we just threw in the towel after a 3 game losing streak.

I know some of you guys are ready to just throw in the towel and tank the rest of the season, but I don’t agree with that train of thought.

We are 7-6 and we should still win the division, unless we go into tank mode. Granted, we probably will be one and done in the playoffs.

BUT, there is no reason that we shouldn’t at least try to get things back on track. Who knows, last year Vrabel was able to win a lot of games with the same injury problem we are having this year. If we can actually get healthy and perhaps catch a little lightning in the bottle we could get hot.

Again, it’s highly unlikely that we go very far once we get in the playoffs, but I’ve never been a quitter and wouldn’t like the cultural message it would send if we just threw in the towel after a 3 game losing streak.

Don’t worry, this could all be a moot point if the Titans lose out. I don’t have a good feeling about them winning the division now.

The Titans need to completely re-build the O-line. But, to be competitive in todays NFL we have to ditch being a Run First team. I know it's been a staple since the Run n shoot, but the rules favor passing and have for the last 15+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back