Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree those 3 should be cut to save money. So thats a whopping 43 mil? How much would we be at if we added Bud Dupree? And what about Farley? Does it hurt us to cut him or help financially
Farley doesn’t help much with his rookie deal, but Dupree is some dough. Just not sure how deep they cut though. Lewan is toast now and is a sure fire cut, Woods appears to be done and I’m sure will go, Cunningham is a decent player, but replaceable in our D fairly easily. Not sure how much more money they may need. It depends on the new guy’s philosophy of FA vs build through the draft.

Here’s how I would fix things now.
  1. Bench Swaim. Kevin Rader has been a better blocking TE anyway and was excellent as a fill in for Tory Carter at FB which is probably why they cut Carter. Putting Swaim in telegraphs the run anyway so we might as well line up Radunz as an extra blocker on designed power runs.
  2. Replace Daley with Clark. If Clark stumbles, try Radunz or sign Daryl Williams, but Clark has far better career blocking grades than Daley. Enough is enough.
  3. Replace Brewer with Radunz. If Radunz stumbles, try Roos or sign Ereck Flowers, but Radunz is a much larger body to protect the inside. Brewer has been getting blown up regularly.
  4. Line up Chig in the slot. They’ve already started this, lining Chig up as the slot receiver numerous times last week. Stick with it and increase his snaps.
  5. Hooper is TE1. He should be in the game 70% of offensive snaps.
  6. Start Monty Rice over Dylan Cole. With Long an impending FA and Cunningham likely gone, Rice needs to be getting reps. Cole has been a liability at times and Rice has played well.
  7. Move Hooker into the slot full time and keep Adams back with Byard. Adams is the #6 safety in the league per PFF and has been much better in coverage than Hooker.
  8. Bring Ross Cockrell in as CB help. This group is decimated right now and Cockrell is likely the best player out there that could come in and spot start.
  9. Start Terrence Mitchell (or Cockrell) over McCreary. The kid needs more time to develop and Mitchell was playing better of late.
  10. Bring Jemarco Jones and Kyle Philips back from IR as soon as possible.
Fire Downing is a good #11.

My goodness! I had no idea his play was as bad that has ever existed. I mean I knew it was bad, can see that, but come on! Get him outta there!

Start Willis now when Burks is back. Give him the rest of the season. Cut lewan, woods, tannehill, and Dupree. Draft and sign offensive line help. Add another WR to the group(NWI, Burks, Phillips, mcmath) mid round pick. Sign a vet corner to help Fulton and molden, and McCreary. Re-sign Simmons and get Autry and Landry back.

Start Willis now when Burks is back. Give him the rest of the season. Cut lewan, woods, tannehill, and Dupree. Draft and sign offensive line help. Add another WR to the group(NWI, Burks, Phillips, mcmath) mid round pick. Sign a vet corner to help Fulton and molden, and McCreary. Re-sign Simmons and get Autry and Landry back.
I like it! Keep Tammy for now though. Can’t roll with what’s behind him. Willis will never be.

I like it! Keep Tammy for now though. Can’t roll with what’s behind him. Willis will never be.
No. Don't keep tannehill. Too much money. Start over. Willis finishes this season, has next year to prove he can be part of the young core or not. Or, draft another qb this year(lots of good ones).

No. Don't keep tannehill. Too much money. Start over. Willis finishes this season, has next year to prove he can be part of the young core or not. Or, draft another qb this year(lots of good ones).
He’s already proven he can’t! We must not be seeing the same thing. Tammy 3 times better than the Squirrel! 3 times better!! :disbelief:Drafting a QB would be a complete waste… we have Tammy for another year. OL 2 for 1-4 , CB/Wr in there too. Sign Big and cut the fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This D needs to get takeaways for the Offense.
Titans D has zero takeaways since Denver 4 games ago. Losing the TO battle 4-0 cost the Jags game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back