Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th and 6th....titans have momentum so what does vrabel do down by 4 points he goes for the FG...that is a coaching issue passive and vanilla which is vrabel to a tee.

That is the difference. And I agree with you. I’m not certain that THill is going to repeat his worst performance, but I like his chances to keep the team competitive all year.

I wasn’t sure if you were saying to make the change now since “they’re already done” or literally saying to make a change at least closer to a mathematical elimination. There’s been some hyperbole about the season thrown around and it can get lost in just typed messages.
Yes I meant when mathematically eliminated...true comments can get lost in typed messages...like I've said Tannehill will get a chance to keep us competitive

Based on what I'm reading this morning, and based on what others here have said, I'm not predicting a move with Tanny dealing with Jets.

I was kind of hoping for a change because I want to see game time with our 2 new hopefuls.

Not one of those team made the NFL playoffs yet alone winning a SB.

each sport has its own differences. Didn’t say it, but I was referring to the NFL.
once management lets players know losing is acceptable it is hard to get that out of the culture... I dont credit mularkey with much but making losing unacceptable was one thing he did

Based on what I'm reading this morning, and based on what others here have said, I'm not predicting a move with Tanny dealing with Jets.

I was kind of hoping for a change because I want to see game time with our 2 new hopefuls.
supposedly that is what exhibition games are for... unless one is 'injured'

They "could have" but more likely they would not have. They have done nothing to make me think either one would have had a better game.

Malik took 2 1/2 games against insurance salesmen to break 100 yards. The guy will never, ever, ever, ever be a decent NFL QB. He was lucky to get drafted and get a check in the first place. Levis, well 1/2 game was all we could get out of him. Been injured for the past 2 years now.

I don't think you quite understand just how terrible Tanne was on Sunday. He had a lower QBR than any game Malik played in last year. To give a better idea, among Qbs that threw at least 10 passes in a game in 2022, Tanne's 28.8 QBR that he just posted would rank as the 4th worst game.

I doubt he would get traded regardless, but we most certainly won't trade him before week 8, imo.

I don't think you quite understand just how terrible Tanne was on Sunday. He had a lower QBR than any game Malik played in last year. To give a better idea, among Qbs that threw at least 10 passes in a game in 2022, Tanne's 28.8 QBR that he just posted would rank as the 4th worst game.
and he still threw twice as many yards as Malik's best game. A loss is a loss. Best keep Malik hidden and hope someone is willing to trade for him, a low 7th round would work.

QBs have bad games. Tom Brady threw 4 INTs 6 times and 3 INTS 3 times in his career. Tannehill has thrown 3 7 times and for the record, Tannehill has thrown 4 INTs only once in his career.

Not comparing the 2 by any stretch but the point is, even the greatest of QBs have bad games. I'm sure if you look up any other QB you think is a great QB that has played a while, you'll find similar stats.

Maybe Tannehill has completely lost it and is no longer to be considered an above average QB. But that can't be confirmed by having a terrible game.

If we're still talking about how terrible Tannehill is playing 4-5 weeks from now, maybe theres reason for concern.

QBs have bad games. Tom Brady threw 4 INTs 6 times and 3 INTS 3 times in his career. Tannehill has thrown 3 7 times and for the record, Tannehill has thrown 4 INTs only once in his career.

Not comparing the 2 by any stretch but the point is, even the greatest of QBs have bad games. I'm sure if you look up any other QB you think is a great QB that has played a while, you'll find similar stats.

Maybe Tannehill has completely lost it and is no longer to be considered an above average QB. But that can't be confirmed by having a terrible game.

If we're still talking about how terrible Tannehill is playing 4-5 weeks from now, maybe theres reason for concern.

It’s not just the INTs. I was a big THill supporter. But it’s the missed throws, lack of zip and his lack of pocket presence. He is the past not the future. If we are being honest even with a very good THill we are NOT a SB team. So let’s move on and see what we have in Levis who has the best raw skills in our QB room. If he stinks and doesn’t get better then we need to move on. But this bandaid, let’s win the division and get bounced in 1st round riding Henry bullshit only means delaying the inevitable. We should have traded Henry and rebuilt. This team with Henry as the offense will not win a SB.

It’s not just the INTs. I was a big THill supporter. But it’s the missed throws, lack of zip and his lack of pocket presence. He is the past not the future. If we are being honest even with a very good THill we are NOT a SB team. So let’s move on and see what we have in Levis who has the best raw skills in our QB room. If he stinks and doesn’t get better then we need to move on. But this bandaid, let’s win the division and get bounced in 1st round riding Henry bull**** only means delaying the inevitable. We should have traded Henry and rebuilt. This team with Henry as the offense will not win a SB.

When Tannehill first took over for Mariota, there were 2 things that stuck out that made me a fan of Tannehill...

1. he was getting rid of the ball immediately, 2.3 seconds
2. He was hitting receivers in stride for YAC.

last year, there were 2 things that jumped out that really concerned me..

1. he kept holding on to the ball way too long, over 3 seconds
2. he kept throwing behind the receivers, taking them out of stride and ruining any chance of YAC.

he really is looking like Mariota.

It’s not just the INTs. I was a big THill supporter. But it’s the missed throws, lack of zip and his lack of pocket presence. He is the past not the future. If we are being honest even with a very good THill we are NOT a SB team. So let’s move on and see what we have in Levis who has the best raw skills in our QB room. If he stinks and doesn’t get better then we need to move on. But this bandaid, let’s win the division and get bounced in 1st round riding Henry bull**** only means delaying the inevitable. We should have traded Henry and rebuilt. This team with Henry as the offense will not win a SB.

I think we all know that Tannehill is most likely on his last season as the starter in TN. But at the moment he's our best option to win.

So you're upset that the Titans are good enough to make the playoffs with Tannehill and Henry? Sure they've been bounced in the first round a couple of times...but so have a lot of great teams. They don't trade their star players and reset when that happens. Especially when they don't have better options waiting.

I think we all know that Tannehill is most likely on his last season as the starter in TN. But at the moment he's our best option to win.

So you're upset that the Titans are good enough to make the playoffs with Tannehill and Henry? Sure they've been bounced in the first round a couple of times...but so have a lot of great teams. They don't trade their star players and reset when that happens. Especially when they don't have better options waiting.

Upset? No. Realistic. I’m a long time long term fan. Not just a this year fan, regardless of what GOT thinks.

We don’t know if we have better options. Some of y’all think you do. When you show me your NFL paychecks I’ll start caring about your sure thing opinions. THill isn’t going anywhere. I know that. I will continue to cheer him on. I’m an Oiler/Titan fan good or bad. I just think it’s time to move on to the future.

When Tannehill first took over for Mariota, there were 2 things that stuck out that made me a fan of Tannehill...

1. he was getting rid of the ball immediately, 2.3 seconds
2. He was hitting receivers in stride for YAC.

last year, there were 2 things that jumped out that really concerned me..

1. he kept holding on to the ball way too long, over 3 seconds
2. he kept throwing behind the receivers, taking them out of stride and ruining any chance of YAC.

he really is looking like Mariota.

Exactly

i think many titan fans are not counting on any playoff first round appearance. Vrabel is not the guy and neither is Tanny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back