Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There we disagree. Vrabel gets everything out of his team. He is a very good HC. Made a few mistakes in game 1 but still a very good HC.
Give him the boot if he can't produce a winning record this year.

He's so overhyped by the media and fans of other teams.

I'm ready to move on from him.
he is a very average coach...a player coach I will say yeah but sadly those rarely pay the rent. Vrabel isn't the worst coach but he isn't the guy who is going to take this team deep in any playoffs that much is obvious. His press conferences are like same takes from disappointing losses 2-3 years back. He looks sleepy most of the times on the sidelines almost like he could care less if the teams wins or loses there is no real intensity or emotion I've seen even when bad call or play is made. Time to move on

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrabel always gets us 7 extra points on a trick play in the playoffs, and it still hasn't been enough. Think it's more on Tannehill. Vrabel can't do much about him. 5 playoff game, and just 700 yards passing.

he is a very average coach...a player coach I will say yeah but sadly those rarely pay the rent. Vrabel isn't the worst coach but he isn't the guy who is going to take this team deep in any playoffs that much is obvious. His press conferences are like same takes from disappointing losses 2-3 years back. He looks sleepy most of the times on the sidelines almost like he could care less if the teams wins or loses there is no real intensity or emotion I've seen even when bad call or play is made. Time to move on
Uhh is AFC championship considered “deep in the playoffs?”

Vrabel best coach we’ve had since early Fisher. Proof is in the pudding.

Since that game, 0-3 in season openers due to no preseason for starters

2 1st round exits

8 straight losses
Yep. Missed playoffs last year. JRob and his OLine debacle gone. Malik? Hmmm- he isn’t the answer. We’ll see. I like everything Vrabel brings. Especially player accountability. We are rebuilding in Ran- despite what we hear. Let’s see what happens.

Since that game, 0-3 in season openers due to no preseason for starters

2 1st round exits

8 straight losses

Can easily be 11 straight losses.

Also selects the worst coaches known to man.

Vrabel will always have supporters, therefore expect him to be around for another decade.

We're better off trying the Bourbon Bowl offense of the Cougars (Waterboy, 1998) ... kneeling down 3 times and punting --- at least then we don't give INTannehill the opportunity to lose us the game...

QBs have bad games. Tom Brady threw 4 INTs 6 times and 3 INTS 3 times in his career. Tannehill has thrown 3 7 times and for the record, Tannehill has thrown 4 INTs only once in his career.

Not comparing the 2 by any stretch but the point is, even the greatest of QBs have bad games. I'm sure if you look up any other QB you think is a great QB that has played a while, you'll find similar stats.

Maybe Tannehill has completely lost it and is no longer to be considered an above average QB. But that can't be confirmed by having a terrible game.

If we're still talking about how terrible Tannehill is playing 4-5 weeks from now, maybe theres reason for concern.

Tanne has zero zip his passes. He sailed many easy passes. And his vision (which has ALWAYS been a problem) was atrocious. He also didn't look very athletic. Maybe it was just a bad game. But regardless of numbers, his physical skills looked significantly worse than years past.

Yep. Missed playoffs last year. JRob and his OLine debacle gone. Malik? Hmmm- he isn’t the answer. We’ll see. I like everything Vrabel brings. Especially player accountability. We are rebuilding in Ran- despite what we hear. Let’s see what happens.
i see more player cheer leading than player accountability he always says 'everbody needs to be better' that is far from any accountability by basically saying everyone in the titan organization (trainers, water boys etc) need to be better to shield any obvious blame/accountability.

His call to kick the field goal (w/2 minutes left) instead of going for it underscores vrabel and how he is more about keeping it close instead of trying to win a game.

I've been off the Vrabel train for about 2 seasons now and admittedly wasn't excited about the hire in the first place, but here's what I just can't shake about Robinson and Vrabel; we just kicked JRob to the curb in no small part due to his questionable personnel acquisitions, however, his most significant personnel hire was Vrabel as the Head Coach. To me, that should set off all kinds of alarm bells...

I've been off the Vrabel train for about 2 seasons now and admittedly wasn't excited about the hire in the first place, but here's what I just can't shake about Robinson and Vrabel; we just kicked JRob to the curb in no small part due to his questionable personnel acquisitions, however, his most significant personnel hire was Vrabel as the Head Coach. To me, that should set off all kinds of alarm bells...
no question; Vrabel's seat definitely needs to already be warm that game early on you can tell the team wasn't ready. This team appears to have a discipline issue and that is a reflection of the coach who is more concerned about being liked than listened to in that lockerroom. This is his first coaching job and he doesn't seem to be ready for Prime Time; perhaps college ball would be a better fit.
I also thought the play calling was worse than DUI downing. T-hill appears to have confidence issue why don't the titans actually get him some easy pass plays early to get some confidence that whole pass to open lanes for the run that other teams who are scoring TD's are doing..

3Q Titans did that... some 5 yard curls and such... then Burks dropped that gimmee on third down...

The key ask here is to run these dink and dunk plays EARLY in the game maybe reassure Henry (prior to game) he'll still get his touches but early emphasis on the pass early in the game to get T-Hill's confidence

The key ask here is to run these dink and dunk plays EARLY in the game maybe reassure Henry (prior to game) he'll still get his touches but early emphasis on the pass early in the game to get T-Hill's confidence
Always thought that was a strategy for a struggling QB, try a couple short passes just to get some completions and build up some confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back